[Back in stock] Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on Amazon for $40

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 jeremywoods

jeremywoods

ITS NOT LUPUS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:08 AM

That sucks, I'm sorry. Mine came from Play-asia, and there was nothing wrong with it.

its alright i guess. as long as the most important part of the package (the game) is perfect and working

Posted Image

currently consuming my life:

• :ds: yugioh 5ds reverse of arcadia
  • :ps3: nba2k11

#182 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:23 AM

Christ, back in stock again? How many of these fuckers did they make when they reprinted???

#183 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:28 AM

Christ, back in stock again? How many of these fuckers did they make when they reprinted???

I'm guessing a lot... Atlus has to reprint in massive numbers if they want to actually turn a profit on these. The more they print, they lower they can sell them at and still pull a profit.

If the Rhapsody/Persona 2 reprint are anything to go by, then each Gamestop will have at least 2-3 copies sitting around within a few months.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#184 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

Nocturne is appearing in my goldbox at $2 off. Just letting everyone know in case you mite be able to get it also

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#185 jererjerer

jererjerer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

well...they don't have to print a lot to make a lot of money-at this stage, all they gotta pay is the actual material cost (we are assuming they've already amortized all the developing expenses in the years past-there's also the setup fee, which I am going to say that it'll be minimal if they are reprinting in any meaningful quantity)-bottom line, any copy they print, even one (virtually speaking) will be generating actual gross profit.

#186 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

man, I've seen 1-3 of these on GS shelves at every single store I've been to (roughly 10 different stores in the past 2 weeks)...definitly a huge reprint occured.

and of course, they all look brand new, but they are marked as used...gotta love GS

596772.png

#187 Peanut932

Peanut932

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:00 AM

After reading about the defects, I decided to test my game. When I opened it, there were white flakes all over the inside. The flakes probably came from the manual. I guess it was left over from when it was cut to size. I had to brush the flakes from the case as well as the top & bottom of the disc. I then played the game, and no problems so far. For anyone that had any gameplay glitches, were there white flakes on your disc?

#188 fidgeteer

fidgeteer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

When I opened it, there were white flakes all over the inside. The flakes probably came from the manual. I guess it was left over from when it was cut to size. I had to brush the flakes from the case as well as the top & bottom of the disc. I then played the game, and no problems so far. For anyone that had any gameplay glitches, were there white flakes on your disc?

When I received the game and carried it with one hand, I heard a wobbling sound coming from the inside of the case -- usually, that means the disc is loose. But when I opened the case, the disc was seated firmly on its toothy spindle. Removing the disc, I found the flakes you mentioned, as well as a bit of black powder. These dusted the disc as well. I blew as much of it off as I could, applied tape and then a disc cleaner. The dust was gone, but the surface didn't look immaculate (and still doesn't).

By the way: The manual was in perfect condition.

I then played through the first chapters of the game and got as far as the Labyrinth of Amala. No glitching, frustrating load times or issues arose whatsoever.

One tiny spot on the disc's surface still worries me. I'm debating whether to keep it or send it back and run the risk of worse problems with a replacement.

If only there were a way to quickly check game discs from beginning to end. Nocturne is epic. It isn't as if I'll have 40 hours to play this weekend.

It would be aces if there were an auto-check function on next-gen consoles, wouldn't it? Your PS3 would scan your disc for errors and generate a report.

#189 Peanut932

Peanut932

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

I blew as much of it off as I could, applied tape and then a disc cleaner. The dust was gone, but the surface didn't look immaculate (and still doesn't).

I used a soft lens brush to brush off the flakes, gently moving from the inside ring to the outside edge. I didn't see any black powder; just the white paper flakes. I have the silver slim PS2. Do the glitches have anything to do with the PS2 model?

update: The game froze as I was entering Shibuya. The white screen pops up, and it just stays there. I guess the white flakes had nothing to do with it. :bomb:.........Fuck !!!!!!

#190 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

I just ordered one today...

So as an FYI they are still in stock
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#191 xeno

xeno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:08 AM

bumping because the game is still in stock as of 10:07pm june 16 ,2008
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#192 kp_assman

kp_assman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

all yous guys who have it sealed better open it up and see if it works or not!!!

i got it off amazon in april and opened it this past sat only to find out that it takes forever to load
the 30day return window is over so..............

#193 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

all yous guys who have it sealed better open it up and see if it works or not!!!

i got it off amazon in april and opened it this past sat only to find out that it takes forever to load
the 30day return window is over so..............

Shoot an email to atlus - you never know

#194 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

get this...Gamestop bumped this price up to $49.99 used now...haha

596772.png