[Back in stock] Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on Amazon for $40

If anyone wants to grab me a copy I'll swap you a Persona 3 boxset for it. Granted, you could just get Fes, but if you want it for collecting purposes it might make sense. :)

[quote name='TahoeMax']how can you tell? shows as in-stock for me[/quote]

No soundtrack, new style PS2 cases.

holy shitballs! I just got one at gamestop and as soon as I come home I realized I could have had an unopened one from amazon. Damn my luck!

[quote name='Master Shake']Yes it is. Doesn't come with the soundtrack.[/quote]

oh well, i still ordered one...

yeah fucking hell at this shit i just got home after waiting forever to see it on amazon to see that it sold out almost instantly

[quote name='spamfree2']Looks like the hoarders got to this quickly.

This guy on 10 up on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shin-Megami-Ten...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This punk has 18.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shin-Megami-Ten...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All I wanted was one... Oh well.. Might have to order from P-A. This will go great with the Nocturne soundtrack that I got from Atlus.[/QUOTE]

The second person (the one with 18) is the one who first started selling the reprints. And he/she keeps putting more and more up each day. I'm guessing the guy who's selling them for $80 won't sell any of them seeing as how there are much cheaper options on Ebay.

Just relax, it seems like there's tons of copies available. Shoot Amazon an email and ask if they're going to get more in.

Looks like it's back in stock, for the moment.

Figures that Amazon would get their stock the day I receive my Play-Asia copy.

If you're buying this to play (seems like a silly "if" condition, yet oddly necessary), the used ones sold by EB/GameStop are pretty much confirmed to be newsed (new games that have been unwrapped and sold as used to charge more) reprints, so with the CAG 16% off and free shipping codes, you end up saving a couple of bucks over Amazon--even more if you have an Edge card.

Holy ****! I knew this was going to happen so I held off on the Play-Asia opportunity. I had that Atlus $5 credit to use and some Amazon credit to burn so this was essentially free. Very, very nice - now my SMT collection is complete. I'm sure it will continue to go in and out of stock (was in stock at 3:30 AM Pacific) but I would have kicked myself if I missed it completely. And to think, I took the evening off of checking the Deals forum - learned my lesson I guess :lol:. Thankfully something I was running on the computer for work just now was taking a while so I jumped on to the Deals forum to see what was up!

Enternal - that is an insane price for that, even before the news of the reprint. But you just sold it a week and a half ago and that was well into the Play-Asia $44.99 availability. I mean, I know the original has the soundtrack, but c'mon, $140? WTF?

You know, I think I even have a Nocturne soundtrack CD. I remember Atlus sent me some CD along with something else I ordered (a manual for Disgaea I believe - I had picked up a scratched disc-only copy at Gamestop for $45 when that was rare and was thrilled I could get a new manual from Atlus for about $6 shipped :lol:). If I slapped that into my new copy from Amazon does that make it a "Limited Edition"? Is that the only difference? (Yeah, I know the original was never a "limited edition" except in its scarcity but that's how sellers push it on ebay).

[quote name='io']You know, I think I even have a Nocturne soundtrack CD. I remember Atlus sent me some CD along with something else I ordered (a manual for Disgaea I believe - I had picked up a scratched disc-only copy at Gamestop for $45 when that was rare and was thrilled I could get a new manual from Atlus for about $6 shipped :lol:). If I slapped that into my new copy from Amazon does that make it a "Limited Edition"? Is that the only difference? (Yeah, I know the original was never a "limited edition" except in its scarcity but that's how sellers push it on ebay).[/quote]

Not quite. The game insert does state on the back that it comes with soundtrack so you can tell its a repeat.

I ordered a copy though. I might sell my original w/ soundtrack and keep this one. I don't care about collecting i just want it to play.

still in stock on amazon.. hmm to get or not to get I have such a backlog including FES.. and who knows if I'll even like this one =/ it'll probably go down some more eh?

Add me to the "I got suckered out of ~$8 by Play-Asia because I wanted to order early" queue... Oh well! As long as I have the game now I'm happy... I've wanted to play through this for the longest time.

I just placed my order and when I got to checkout, it showed 1 in stock LOL. Hoping I got my order in time to get that 1, otherwise I'm guessing they'll just backorder it.

if you can't get it from Amazon, you might want to see if they come up again on GS/EB's website or B&M stores. here in Chicago, the reprints are popping up everywhere. i've probably seen a copy at 3 out of the 5 stores i went to this weekend.

$39.99 used + edge card + 10% off e-mail newsletter coupon = $31.99

[quote name='xeno']oh well, i still ordered one...[/QUOTE]

When I bought mine used a while back, I went to Atlus's website and they said I just needed to send them $5. So I did and they sent me a soundtrack and two demo disks with it. So now I have the full collection item.

[quote name='solidrock']When I bought mine used a while back, I went to Atlus's website and they said I just needed to send them $5. So I did and they sent me a soundtrack and two demo disks with it. So now I have the full collection item.[/quote]

Most of the people who purchased Disgaea reprint from Atlus also got it.

You can even download the cover art CD for the soundtrack from Atlus.

http://www.atlus.com/smt/downloads.html

Where is the best printing place to print this out? I'd like it to be on the glossy paper like other CD inserts.

Sold out now. I got a copy from play-Asia. I knew Amazon would get it just not a week or two later. Glad I got a copy when I did of this and DDS1. Now I have a complete SMT collection.

I only paid $5 more. I would have to pay sales tax for Amazon, but didn't for PA. So it works out knowing I got a copy and didn't pay $80+

bread's done
Back