Official E3 2008 Thread

• Please log in to reply
768 replies to this topic

#751 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:27 AM

Project Origin is lookin' pretty good, if it plays just as good or even better than the original, I'll be enjoying it :D. What I wanna know is what happened to the guy you played as in F.E.A.R. :(
Also, when they say sequel, do they start from the end of FEAR or the expansion packs? I don't believe Monolith was behind the expansions (because I have no clue) so I'm curious

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#752 Predator21281

Predator21281

The Parking Lot Pimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:29 AM

Project Origin is lookin' pretty good, if it plays just as good or even better than the original, I'll be enjoying it :D. What I wanna know is what happened to the guy you played as in F.E.A.R. :(
Also, when they say sequel, do they start from the end of FEAR or the expansion packs? I don't believe Monolith was behind the expansions (because I have no clue) so I'm curious

It starts
Spoiler
and Monolith didn't create the expansions so I think they're just ignoring them and forging ahead with the story they want.
Brawl Friend Code
Gull 5198 2154 2481

#753 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:06 AM

It starts

Spoiler
and Monolith didn't create the expansions so I think they're just ignoring them and forging ahead with the story they want.

gotcha, hopefully they ignore the expansions, despite
Spoiler

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#754 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

Apparently for the 360 at least, Guitar Hero World Tour instruments will be compatible with Rock Band. http://www.gamespot....estnews;title;4

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#755 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

Ok, here's the best of DS:

http://tech-gaming.c...best-of-ds.aspx

and our impressions of Midway's line-up:

http://tech-gaming.c...c-universe.aspx
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#756 mav451

mav451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

On that GH:WT article - I wonder what happens when you plug a GHWT drumset in for RB2 though. I guess un-used instruments FTL.

#757 Ex~

Ex~

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

Quick thoughts:

Nintendo's press conference was just embarrassing. Absolutely terrible. I'm extremely disappointed that there were no announcements of "core" traditional games that we were promised. Really just a big huge mess. So that's all I have to say about Nintendo this year.

Now, Microsoft and Sony were both boring as hell to watch, maybe because my interest in gaming is waning, but I was just doing a by-the-numbers comparison of the two, and I got this:

Microsoft demoed 5 games. Sony demoed 1.
Microsoft showed 16 trailers and game montages. Sony showed 9.
Microsoft had 12 games with release dates announced or mentioned in the conference. Sony had 4.
Microsoft spent 2 minutes before ever getting to showing us a single videogame. Sony took 12.

An objective look at the thing, and it's no wonder Microsoft decided to postpone the Halo announcement. It would almost be embarrassing to announce a new Bungie game at that awful E3.

#758 pochaccoheaven

pochaccoheaven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

sony is going to offer downloads for movies?! i don't understand why sony is offering movie downloads when they have the blu-ray system for that. they kept pushing for blu-ray and when they were success they then offer movie download service. what would be the advantage for download service compared to owning a blu ray movie?

the $30 price for greatest hits probably hints that they're loosing a lot more then they have hoped for and is probably informing us that they're trying to narrow they're loses from system sales and such.

nintendo's was awesomely aweful. they didn't have much to show other then the new add-on that makes the wii remote more accurate and the game that will show and prove it's purpose. though the news about conduit was very promising [this wasn't e3, though].

Edited by pochaccoheaven, 18 July 2008 - 06:58 PM.

#759 Ex~

Ex~

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

the $30 price for greatest hits probably hints that they're loosing a lot more then they have hoped for and is probably informing us that they're trying to narrow they're loses from system sales and such.

No it doesn't. Platinum Hits on 360 is $30 as well. This was exactly what was expected.

#760 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

F@NB0Y$ put up their e3 comic:
Spoiler

#761 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

Haha, that lady was insane.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#762 Ex~

Ex~

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

I don't understand the 6th panel.

#763 VioletArrows

VioletArrows

La Bella Fleche

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

The 6th panel is the best friggin part.
Currently playing: ....*shrug*

#764 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:48 AM

I didn't get a chance to watch the Nintendo conference in full.

And I will never get the chance. Just tried to watch the first 6 minutes... holy fucking shit.

This is why you don't get some bigwig from marketing to do these things (no offence to anyone here that may working in that department), let alone start them off. Those few minutes I watched was worse than being fed a PowerPoint presentation.

#765 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:59 AM

Oh look, another E3 comic strip that isn't actually funny.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#766 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Oh look, another E3 comic strip that isn't actually funny.

yawn....
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#767 NATO_Duke

NATO_Duke

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

Gotta say that MS gave a pretty nice show, especially when you compare to the sad Nintendo offerings. That was a heartbreaker.

#768 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

I jsut saw some mirror's edge gameplay. Amazing.

#769 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

When does GDC start? At gamevideos.com they have a video of behind the scenes of GDC.... I didn't even know it was coming up. That must mean its soon.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R