Official E3 2008 Thread

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Official Site: http://www.e3expo.com/
(Not updated, still showing 2007 dates)

5/1/08 - Activision decides not to attend, http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/01/activision-not-attending-e3-2008/

Looks like Atlus, Majesco, Warner Bros Interactive and NcSoft also won't in attendance.

5/1/08 - If any CAGs are going, I can arrange the 3rd annual (except for last year) meet-up; leave your info.

5/4/08 - ID Software may or may not attend. http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/04/id-software-admits-uncertainty-regarding-plans-for-e3/

5/22/08 - Floor Plan
e3_08_floorplan_up.jpg

5/24/08 - Games to be shown/pushed:
Akella

* Postal III

Bethesda Softworks

* Fallout 3

Capcom

* Bionic Commando
* Bionic Commando Rearmed
* Capcom Project #1 [untitled]
* Capcom Project #2 [untitled]
* Dark Void
* MotoGP 08
* Neopets Puzzle Adventure
* Plunder
* Resident Evil 5
* Spyborgs
* Street Fighter IV
* Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Codemasters

* Damnation
* Dragonology
* Jumpgate Evolution
* Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
* Rise of the Argonauts
* Wizardology

Crave Entertainment

* Defendin' de Penguin
* Ford Racing Off Road
* King of Clubs
* PBR: Out of the Chute
* Purr Pals
* Solitaire & Mahjong

D3 Publisher

* Bangai-O Spirits
* Ben 10: Alien Force -- The Game
* Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

Deep Silver

* S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Disney Interactive Studios

* Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell
* High School Musical 3: Senior Year
* High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance
* Pure
* Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals
* Ultimate Band

Eidos Interactive

* Battlestations: Pacific
* Just Cause 2
* Monster Lab
* Tomb Raider Underworld

Electronic Arts

* Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
* Crysis Warhead
* Dead Space
* FaceBreaker
* FaceBreaker K.O. Party
* Madden NFL 09
* Madden NFL 09 All-Play
* Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
* Mirror's Edge
* NBA Live 09
* NCAA Football 09
* Skate It
* Spore
* The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play
* Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Gamecock

* Dungeon Hero
* Legendary
* Velvet Assassin

Microsoft

* Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
* Fable 2
* Gears of War 2
* Halo Wars
* Too Human
* Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

Midway Games

* Blitz: The League II
* Game Party 2
* Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
* TNA iMPACT!
* This is Vegas
* Touchmaster 2
* Unreal Tournament III
* Wheelman

Namco Bandai

* Soulcalibur IV

Natsume

* Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
* Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

Sony Computer Entertainment

* Killzone 2
* LittleBigPlanet
* MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
* PixelJunk Eden
* Resistance 2
* SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1
* SOCOM: Confrontation

SouthPeak Interactive

* B-Boy
* Big Bang Mini
* Edge of Twilight
* Mister Slime
* Monster Madness: Grave Danger
* Ninjatown
* Two Worlds: The Temptation

THQ

* All-Star Cheer Squad
* Baja: Edge of Control
* Darksiders: Wrath of War
* Deadly Creatures
* Lock's Quest
* Red Faction: Guerrilla
* Saints Row 2
* Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise
* WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
* Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II
* de Blob

Tomy Corporation

* Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
* Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2

Valve

* Left 4 Dead

Warner Bros. Interactive

* LEGO Batman: The Videogame
* Project Origin

XSEED Games

* Little King's Story
* Valhalla Knights 2

That's interesting that it's going to be in July... Most of the big summer games will already have been released; GTA4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Battlefield BC, Borne Conspiracy, Haze, Grid, Boom Blox, Wii Fit....

The press coverage should be clearly focused on what's coming up right before the holidays. I think everyone is expecting some big announcements.

Edit: Looking at the release schedules for PS3/360... 2008 is going to be a very diverse year for gaming.

Nothing new to report, except that Texas Governor Rick Perry, who plays centipede in the nude, (J/k) will be attending.

I'm worried about little to no news on the 'net about the July convention. Except for some e-mails from Konomi and Capcom, things are a bit too silent.

I've heard through the grapevine many more game companies are considering pulling out of the ESA. Not sure how that will affect E3 although it is safe to say that game companies that leave the ESA means they don't care much what happens to E3, especially with the new format and all.

dude I'm definitely calling this as the last E3. it would take some special kind of magic for there to be an E3 09. At best it's a pony show for some of the lesser companies to show their 'loyalty' to ESA or something. and then it ends there.

All these companies want the "journalists" on their own turf where they control the message 100% without competing for your attention.

I'll be there. I've got my hotel booked and my car rental taken care of. I'm driving down Monday the 14th. I've got meetings informally booked with SEGA and Nyko so far. I've been invited the the Sony press conference as well as Nintendo. I'm sure things will begin to pick up in the next couple weeks as to other companies scheduling meetings. Good times, though.

I do hope this isn't the last E3, I hope they can rework it so that it can benefit everyone.

Here's a list of the exhibitors as of 6/1/08:

# 1UP Network
# Akella
# Atari Inc.
# Bethesda Softworks
# Capcom USA Inc.
# Crave Entertainment
# Codemasters
# D3Publisher of America
# Deep Silver
# Disney Interactive Studios, Inc.
# Electronic Arts
# Eidos Interactive
# Fox Interactive Media
# Indie Games
# Jagex, Ltd.
# Konami Digital Entertainment America
# LucasArts
# Majesco Entertainment Company
# Microsoft Corporation
# Midway Games, Inc.
# MTV Games
# Namco Bandai Games America, Inc.
# Natsume, Inc.
# Nintendo of America Inc.
# Novint Technologies, Inc.
# Nyko Technologies
# Rebellion
# SEGA of America, Inc.
# Serious Games Initiative
# Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
# Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
# Southpeak Interactive
# Square Enix USA
# Take-Two Interactive
# Tecmo
# THQ Inc.
# Toshiba America Information Systems
# Ubisoft Entertainment Inc.
# Valve Software
# Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Woohoo, can't wait for E3. Haven't had a good press conference for a while. Miss those huge announcements.

I'll probably try sneaking in this year like I did last E3 at LA. Steal a E3 lanyard from the trash throw it on, tuck it into your tshirt and run on by. I remeber almost peeing my pants when one of the booth babes pulled it out of my shirt and said, "Someones bad..."

i'm curious to see what Nintendo has in the bag for the Wii. I think they mentioned stuff about not forgetting the hard core gamer. i love the excitement of E3 and the surge of news that comes with it. I'd like to see what Valve will reveal... portal 2 details?

i also can't wait for CAGs coverage of all things Niko. have at it Shipwreck.

[quote name='aknowlesjr']i'm curious to see what Nintendo has in the bag for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

All I want to hear is Animal Crossing Wii.

[quote name='aknowlesjr']i also can't wait for CAGs coverage of all things Niko. have at it Shipwreck.[/QUOTE]

You must be thinking of the GTA IV lead; Nyko is the company that makes peripherals with a great PR team.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Does MTV really need that big of a booth to show off Rockband?[/QUOTE]

10 feet by 10 feet? Jeez, my office is bigger than that, and I barely have any more room for small, plastic guitars.

No Atlus at E3 this year. Major loss for me. :(

No Persona 4 news. No next-gen SMT game news. :(

I'm *still* waiting for news on Suikoden 6.

Other than that......not much else.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']10 feet by 10 feet? Jeez, my office is bigger than that, and I barely have any more room for small, plastic guitars.[/QUOTE]

Me or you have to be reading that floor plan wrong. On my end, it sure as hell looks bigger than that.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Me or you have to be reading that floor plan wrong. On my end, it sure as hell looks bigger than that.[/QUOTE]

Your're right it's 20x20. Still smaller than the E3's of old.

Does anyone know if Sony could be announcing price drops for PS3 or new models (slim, more GB for the system, etc..)?

What about Sony PSP? do you think they will announce a different bundle besides the upcoming NFL09 bundle?

[quote name='NintendoGal']I'll be in attendance, looking forward to seeing how they do this year (ESA).[/quote]

How much is it to go? I thought it was closed to the public :cry: and if its somewhere out of SF, I don't think I could go anyway :roll::cry:
I will be watching the coverage on G4TV :lol:

[quote name='uchihabutter']How much is it to go? I thought it was closed to the public :cry: and if its somewhere out of SF, I don't think I could go anyway :roll::cry:
I will be watching the coverage on G4TV :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's invite only and in Los Angeles.

When you watch the coverage on TV, you won't get to see how much make-up Adam Sessler is wearing. Last E3, he looked like a drag-queen.

[quote name='uchihabutter']How much is it to go? I thought it was closed to the public :cry: and if its somewhere out of SF, I don't think I could go anyway :roll::cry:
I will be watching the coverage on G4TV :lol:[/quote]
E3 was never open to the public. but now it's invite only. If you can find a game company.. any gamecompany to invite you. you can get in. If you were willing to write up some random products I bet you could get in with a reasonable amount of effort. Ijust can't get to Cali or I'd try my luck.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']It's invite only and in Los Angeles.

When you watch the coverage on TV, you won't get to see how much make-up Adam Sessler is wearing. Last E3, he looked like a drag-queen.[/quote]

lol drag queen
were you there? any news about the PS3?

I don't know if they can drop the price on the PS3 after the recent news about how much money they're losing this generation, but that just means they could include a "free game". I'm looking at Rachet & Clank.

As for a new PSP, I wouldn't count on it, they just redesigned the last one.

[quote name='uchihabutter']lol drag queen
were you there? any news about the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I'll be there again in two short weeks. I'll have everything up on my site.

Actually Sessler was very nice, we talked about games until I sensed the crowd behind me was getting annoyed. Morgen Webb was the opposite, quite bitchy and complaining about signing autographs.

For E3 week I'll be fighting off heat hallucinations while watching GameSpot's E3 coverage (just like last year). :lol:

[quote name='Redeema']I don't know if they can drop the price on the PS3 after the recent news about how much money they're losing this generation, but that just means they could include a "free game". I'm looking at Rachet & Clank.

As for a new PSP, I wouldn't count on it, they just redesigned the last one.[/quote]

Cool. ok, me too.. I want the PS3 bundles back :cry: hopefully it comes with more GB or atleast stick with the 80GB :roll:
I hope the price doesn't go up tho

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Yes, and I'll be there again in two short weeks. I'll have everything up on my site.

Actually Sessler was very nice, we talked about games until I sensed the crowd behind me was getting annoyed. Morgen Webb was the opposite, quite bitchy and complaining about signing autographs.[/quote]

Cool, are you going to post videos as well? I'm going to check ur website :cool:

[quote name='uchihabutter']Cool, are you going to post videos as well? I'm going to check ur website :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'll have plenty of pics, and a few youtube vids.

You'll want to check it (and post) for the contest we'll be running during E3 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Yes, I'll have plenty of pic, and a few youtube vids.

You'll want to check it (and post) for the contest we'll be running during E3 ;)[/quote]

cool :)

bread's done
Back