Official E3 2008 Thread

• Please log in to reply
768 replies to this topic

#91 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

FFXIII on 360... well, guess that saved this conference for me. ;)

#92 mrn111

mrn111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

FFXIII is coming to 360, HOLY SHIT

#93 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

Looks like FFXIII is on 360 too!!!!

#94 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

Looks like FFXIII is on 360 too!!!!

Hot damn, I can't believe it!
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#95 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

idk, when the biggest news of the biggest event of the year for you is that you are getting a game your competition already had, not impressive IMO, tommorrow should be fun with Nintendo and Sony back to back.

Overall grade: 7/10, good content, but nothing earth shattering

#96 SilverPaw750

SilverPaw750

WHARRGARBL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

Argh, Gamespot.com was down for a good half of the press conference. Pretty lame press conference anyways...the new dashboard looks way more convoluted than what we've got now.

Posted Image

#97 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

Holy shit I can't believe FF13 is going to 360. Wow.

#98 mrn111

mrn111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

I agree that the presser was kinda subdued. The Live interface does look better than the current one, but I am having a deja vu moment. Because if the interface isn't fundamentally better and more intuitive then the 360 is gonna be a repeat of vista (shiny on the outside, crappy on the inside).

#99 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

highlight of show was new dashboard which I'm kinda sad got me the most excited.

#100 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

FFXIII on 360 just made me put the final nail in my "I'm not ever getting a PS3" coffin.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#101 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

FFXIII on 360 just made me put the final nail in my "I'm not ever getting a PS3" coffin.

fine, but don't close that door totally until after tomorrow. after tomorrow you'll be able to make a definite decision.

oh and:

Add:

Posted Image

With:

Posted Image

And You Get:

Posted Image

#102 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

all things considered, not even a JPN release date on FFXIII yet. This will likely be worse than XII was so maybe not as big a deal as I had thought, but still...
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#103 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

You know it'd be nice if Tomorrow PS3 gets Gears of War 2....

I'm hurt over the loss of FF XIII however losing an exclusive for it to be a multiplatform release is never a bad thing. The best thing sony can do imo is offer some nice FFXIII bundles maybe a PS3 with FFXIII artwork...

Sony needs to break the bank, and get some of those 360 exclusives back on PS3. .... at least one...

Edited by Thomas96, 14 July 2008 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

#104 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

http://tech-gaming.c...and-casual.aspx

Ok, here you guys go!
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#105 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

Am I the only one who thinks "Lips" is an incredibly stupid name? I haven't seen anybody else comment on it...
Posted Image

#106 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:43 PM

Am I the only one who thinks "Lips" is an incredibly stupid name? I haven't seen anybody else comment on it...

Not half as stupid as the girl in the video dnacing with a 360 controller. I actually laughed out load.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#107 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

Not half as stupid as the girl in the video dnacing with a 360 controller. I actually laughed out load.

I missed that part :lol: I started playing Bad Company after they began the Fable 2 demo.
Posted Image

#108 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

yeah, lips in terms of presentation and title really is bad. I like that Inis is behind it but that's as far as I'll go saying I like it.

#109 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

The fact that MS doesn't have FFXIII for Japan tells me they've probably given up on the 360 in that area.
Posted Image

#110 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

real unlikely, but anyone watching the ea press conf. tonight?

#111 ighosty

ighosty

I just lost the game.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Nice to here about RE5 co-op, looks like I will be picking that up now. New gears mode sounds pretty cool. Sort of sucks FFXIII went multiplat, but its good for the gaming community as a whole giving more people the ability to play the game. Looking forward to sony's conference now.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:360: SKATE 2
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps2: Rogue Galaxy

#112 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Seriously....BANJO XLBA.

RAWK.
Posted Image

where scoob

#113 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

I think Microsoft won E3 with FFXIII on 360. Even if it doesn't come to Japan, I do not see how Sony or Nintendo can win E3 with just that announcement. Also surprising that MM9 was not at MS's event, unless I'm mistaken (I wasn't here).
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#114 sleepy180

sleepy180

Abel Technology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

Dont worry sony will announce kingdom hearts 3 or FF7 remake tomrrow exclusive for ps3 and all the ps3 fanboys who clung to the "ff13 is ps3 exlusive stupid xbox fanboys haah" will become the "haha KH3 is a ps3 exclusive stupid xbox fanboys, FFXIII will probably suck anyways just like 12 did and the series died after 7" people.

Summary:
If a game is exclusive its the best game ever.
If a game gets ported it was mediocre at best and all the previous exclusives were 10x better.

Posted Image

#115 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

People in the FFXIII 360 thread are saying it's weird the Bungie announcement comes tomorrow, the same day as the Sony conference. If that happened, the world would explode.

Oh, and that new Wii accessory just screams Zelda and Metroid.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#116 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

I honestly don't know what Nintendo can do to top FFXIII.

There's not going to be a new Mario or Zelda already. Maybe a new Metroid Prime. Donkey Kong....wait, they stopped making quality DK games ages ago.

I'm expecting: Wii Sports 2, more terrible peripherals, Mario sports/other spin-off game.

EDIT: Got it. Starfox Wii.
Posted Image

where scoob

#117 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

Nintendo could announce new old-school versions of their franchies. Like a 2D Metroid, or LTTP style Zelda... preferably one that is nothing like Phantom Hourglass.

Or Fuck it, what about a new IP?

...like that'll happen. It'd be nice though.

Only way I can see Sony dropping a bigger announcement is Final Fantasy VII remake or something.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#118 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:30 PM

Nintendo could announce new old-school versions of their franchies. Like a 2D Metroid, or LTTP style Zelda... preferably one that is nothing like Phantom Hourglass.

Yeah, but if they do that, there's a 99% chance it would be on DS. And another 2D Zelda/Metroid game in the same vain of all the others wouldn't really turn too many heads.
Posted Image

where scoob

#119 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

Or Fuck it, what about a new IP?

...like that'll happen. It'd be nice though.

Only way I can see Sony dropping a bigger announcement is Final Fantasy VII remake or something.

Sony needs to do stuff like NOW and big stuff to boot. I believed at the start of this generation that despite the PS3s price they would still dominate....it would just take 2 or 3 years. Now however I think MS is doing a brilliant job of not just hamstringing Sony but curb stomping them while they are down.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#120 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

Seriously, I don't wanna hear "oh Killzone 2 look how good it is," at the press conference because what they've got hitting only the PS3 right now looks like crap. They need some major announcements.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.