[DEAD] Nintendo DS - In Stock! (Walmart.com)

Did Nintendo only make 14 of these because I only know one person who owns one and yet they are apparently quite rare.

Maybe thats why there has been such a weak marketing push, Nintendo knows they just don't have the product ready to go.

why, why, why all of you have to get all the excite about DS. PSP will destory DS ...... and no i'm not sony fanboy or nintendo hater. It is the fact, once you see PSP in action you will forget about DS in no time.

btw I'm a ex-owner of DS but after finished Mario DS ( with 150) . I was thinking to myself , why the hell do i brought the DS in the first place. ..... I don't say the DS is bad but it just old tecnology..... (N64 ) touch screen get bored after 3 days .... anyway just my thought....
psp going to win :wink: don't hate me , i'm only human...

why EB when you can sell on ebay ^^: i can't believe i made 7 bucks for the use DS + game... ( DS + game is around 194 tax include) sold my use DS for 207+15 shipping. Ebay fee+ Paypal Fee+ shipping = 21

Yeah, I've seen them around here...no big deal. I was going to buy one, but I passed. I thought the Touchscreen aspect could be rather lame.....get old REAL quick. Plus, I can just see it getting ruined over time....making the bottom screen useless.

Just my thoughts, not yours.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I believe the DS sold half a million in the first week it was out so I wouldn't call it 'rare'.[/quote]
I was thinking that the 500k was in Japan.

[quote name='nonggame']why, why, why all of you have to get all the excite about DS. PSP will destory DS ...... and no i'm not sony fanboy or nintendo hater. It is the fact, once you see PSP in action you will forget about DS in no time.

btw I'm a ex-owner of DS but after finished Mario DS ( with 150) . I was thinking to myself , why the hell do i brought the DS in the first place. ..... I don't say the DS is bad but it just old tecnology..... (N64 ) touch screen get bored after 3 days .... anyway just my thought....
psp going to win :wink: don't hate me , i'm only human...[/quote]

This may be the worst argument I've heard that is pro-PSP in my life...

First off, graphics do not matter, especially on a handheld. I could care less about having "almost PS2 graphics"; I'll take smooth gameplay over pushing the graphics envelope. Second, the PSP future games "seem" to be more console-type games than future DS titles. With a DS, I want games on the go; quick loading, fast save points, that stuff. Hell the PSP's loading times for Ridge Racer are like, 15 second to start a game, 10 seconds to load a race, 10 seconds after the race is done (or something of that sort). Handhelds aren't ready for slow loading discs. And, the fact that you can only get 4-6 hours TOPS on playing a game is very dissapointing.

Not bashing the PSP or anything, as I'll get one when it gets games that interest me, but it hasn't won anything over the DS. The DS JUST launched (how many of this gen's launch titles were AMAZING? Most people would "only" say Halo). Not to mention, I wanted a DS to play my GBA games for now, since I don't have an SP.

Back on subject, sorta: The DS sold 500,000 as of not too long ago, 90% of what they shipped. Nintendo also stated that it wanted to sell 1,000,000 copies by 2004. Does anyone know if this included Japan? If not, than we can expect to get 500,000 more shipped in the US before the years end.... :shock: Doesn't sound right though...

[quote name='mirthoneist']Back on subject, sorta: The DS sold 500,000 as of not too long ago, 90% of what they shipped. Nintendo also stated that it wanted to sell 1,000,000 copies by 2004. Does anyone know if this included Japan? If not, than we can expect to get 500,000 more shipped in the US before the years end.... :shock: Doesn't sound right though...[/quote]

"Nintendo today (12-9-04) announced it will increase total shipments of Nintendo DS to North America by 40 percent, to 1.4 million systems before the end of the year. Due to the system's popularity, many retail stores across the country are reporting shortages, and the initial batch of 500,000 units all but sold out a week after Nintendo DS launched on Nov. 21."

Awesome. Thanks for the info NintendoFG. This will help a lot of people get their DS's, unlike what happened with the PS2 when it launched.

america so far = 700,000 units sold (keep in mind a lot of people cant find them to buy them too, or I bet this number would be higher)

japan = 500,000+

estimates for the end of the year = 2,800,000

You can still find a few around here if you really look, I have been checking just for the fun of it during my christmas shopping this year. The best places to find them is non video game stores like target and k-mart around here.

[quote name='nonggame']why EB when you can sell on ebay[/quote]

None too bright, eh?

On-topic: I wish I would've seen this sooner, my cousin has been seeking one ever since they became scarce. Damn the NDS for being popular :)

BTW since when did this become a NDS discussion thread? If you don't have any thing to say about the deal in general, then don't post, dumb fucks
:roll:

It IS available right now - at least I was able to add it to my cart. I'm not buying one since my wife already has one for me, but just thought I'd let you all know.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I believe the DS sold half a million in the first week it was out so I wouldn't call it 'rare'.[/quote]

but half a million among 100 million families is not exactly statistica,lly bountiful either.

bread's done
Back