Sarcastic Gamer on the CAGcast

banodyne

CAGiversary!
On the last Sarcastic Gamer podcast Episode 39: Everybody Hates Roman, they announced the were adding a third show to their line up of the Sarcastic Gamer podcast and Hump Day Update. A PS3 centric show. I wasn't happy with this since I don't own a PS3 and an hour long discussion would've been boring to me.

I wrote in and cited the CAGcast as example of the correct way to add a new show. Cheapy didn't automatically add CAG Foreplay to subscribers of CAGcast. He made it a seperate feed.

Doc from Sarcastic Gamer was nice enough to write back and explain that the PS3 show was indeed a seperate feed. (Listen to the beginning of their show for yourself and see if they mentioned that anywhere.)

Lono from Sarcastic Gamer wasn't as nice when he wrote back. "Finally, if you think that the cheapassgamer podcast is the best thing ever, we were never a match to begin with."

Well, good call about the separate RSS Feeds. Like, IGN sticks them all into one, so you get all their weird exclusive shows in the same feed. (which could be good or bad, depending on how many consoles you own!)

But, damn, that Lono guy seems a little mad, huh?

Full disclosure of original emails exchanged are required before a judgement can be made on this case.

I read your first paragraph and figured out it would be a new show in its own.

And different podcast hosts will always bash other ones, just to get more listeners on their own, don't take them so seriously.

On the other hand, I quite enjoy the PS3 oriented podcast. And yes, there are plenty of PS3 owners who will listen, and the Sarcaster Gamer crew is just like any good gaming podcast hosts, they do a decent job of it. Not just the PS3 podcast either, their regular gaming podcasts are quite nice and I have all their podcasts subscribed, along with both CAG casts.

And yes, it's a separate feed. Sorry, but you should have done your research before assuming it was all on the same feed. In fact, it's standard policy to put split off podcasts on seperate feeds to not over saturate a single feed, and to better service listeners.

Well, if Lono had written that to me, he'd be 100% correct.

Sarcasticgamer sounds like a morning radio show, and if I liked those I wouldn't need to listen to podcasts.

bread's done
Back