Scratches on CD

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'm collecting Gamecube games before I play them, and recently purchased some at Hollywood Video. I noticed on one of my purchases there are a couple scratches on the CD, so I was wondering if there any common error signs to figure out if its in playable condition.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#2 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

You could play it.

All kidding aside, you can try resurfacing it if it gives you an error. Or return it and get it somewhere else.

PaulManda.png

#3 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

Do any of the HWV stores near you have a Game Crazy? If so, ask GC if they'll resurface it for you(free of charge, since it was bought from the same company).

#4 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

My Gameboy Player disc is scratched to hell and works fine.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#5 Persona7

Persona7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

I have a similar problem. Except all my gamecube games have this weird dust like substance sticking onto the disk. It is really weird and I do not know how it happens becasue my gamecube disks are either in my gamecube,wii or the case.:(

#6 eb3604

eb3604

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

toothpaste FTW!

#7 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

I don't know exactly what they did, but they asked to clean them before and I agreed. It looked like they but it in between some sponges and ran the machine which spun it.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#8 Persona7

Persona7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

Most HV's have a awesome resurfacing machine.

#9 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:50 AM

i think game crazy allows you to test the game

#10 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

I bought a copy of Mario Power Tennis from Gamestop and the disc looked horrendous. Lots of awful looking scratches running around the disc in exactly the way you don't want them to. Yet the game plays perfectly. We've not had any problems with it at all. The GC reads the disc fine and it plays fine. Unfortunately (at least without running/having the ability to run homebrew software) there is no way to be sure. You'll find out eventually.

Crunchewy.png

#11 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

I bought a copy of Mario Power Tennis from Gamestop and the disc looked horrendous. Lots of awful looking scratches running around the disc in exactly the way you don't want them to. Yet the game plays perfectly. We've not had any problems with it at all. The GC reads the disc fine and it plays fine. Unfortunately (at least without running/having the ability to run homebrew software) there is no way to be sure. You'll find out eventually.

I had a similar experience with a game I got off Gamestop.com. Seeing how scratched up it was I was sure I would return it to a B&M location, but I decided to try it and it seemed to play fine. Granted, I only played it for a few hours, but I decided to keep it rather than return it since I hardly ever see it come in stock at the locations near me.