A cool way to add a new mod

jlarlee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Ok let me begin with a disclaimer I am not telling Cheapy how to run the site I just thought this was a cool idea. I know we all know people on here that we think would be a great mod. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have some kind of vote off to nominate a new Mod? I could see the title now the people's mod.

i dont see how there wud be much change...i think cheapy and the rest run the site GREAT the way it is..ppl who are jerks usually get banned, puts up good deals on a consistent basis..plus chills with us as well :cool:..i dno if its a good or bad idea..just my 2 cents u kno
*this is a non-ass kissing post*

I figured it would be fun and a great way for everybody to feel part of the site I guess I am on my own deserted island with that opinion.

[quote name='defender']I see no benefit in your suggestion.[/quote]Just what an appointed official would say to silence the people.... IKIK :lol:

Those who are popular are often unlikely to have the qualities that would be required of a mod.
I have to agree with defender.

Not only is there no real benefit, you'll likely cause issues, like a flood of fake/new posters trying to taint the result, as well as myriad of other issues.
You saw what putting a fake "secret" board on the site did... this could only end worse.

[quote name='Wshakspear']I call this the "Last picked for dodgeball" syndrome[/quote]

Quite a common occurance for you, wasn't it?

[quote name='jlarlee']Ok let me begin with a disclaimer I am not telling Cheapy how to run the site I just thought this was a cool idea. I know we all know people on here that we think would be a great mod. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have some kind of vote off to nominate a new Mod? I could see the title now the people's mod.[/quote]

Well, I appreciate your confidence in my abilities and your desire to nominate me, but I fear it could bring on too many joke nominations and possible mob rule. Thanks anyway ;)

[quote name='JSweeney']Those who are popular are often unlikely to have the qualities that would be required of a mod.
I have to agree with defender.

Not only is there no real benefit, you'll likely cause issues, like a flood of fake/new posters trying to taint the result, as well as myriad of other issues.
You saw what putting a fake "secret" board on the site did... this could only end worse.[/quote]

Damn you foiled my plan of bringing DLF back as a mod. Instead of locking threads he would post naked pictures of himself to deter people from ever posting in the thread again.

I still think we need more mods. I've also noticed that the more frequent mods tend to be bunched up and are either all on at the same time, or there's no mods on at all. Maybe a few more would cover the spread. I dunno.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I still think we need more mods. I've also noticed that the more frequent mods tend to be bunched up and are either all on at the same time, or there's no mods on at all. Maybe a few more would cover the spread. I dunno.[/quote]

Oooh I have somebody on my island she has an adams apple and a beard but after a few months I can get past that.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I still think we need more mods. I've also noticed that the more frequent mods tend to be bunched up and are either all on at the same time, or there's no mods on at all. Maybe a few more would cover the spread. I dunno.[/quote]

I really, really agree with you. I think there should be a few more mods.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I still think we need more mods. I've also noticed that the more frequent mods tend to be bunched up and are either all on at the same time, or there's no mods on at all. Maybe a few more would cover the spread. I dunno.[/quote]

Oooh I have somebody on my island she has an adams apple and a beard but after a few months I can get past that.[/quote]

pull_string.gif

and on a serious note. I have noticed quite a bit of "No Mod time", but then again, ive been here an unsafe amount of time

We can all agree that the site needs more mods. I just don't think it is up to anyone but CheapyD to decide on that. This is his site, his house, and his rules. As far as I know he is the only guy here who has chosen a moderator. Anyone can go to him and request such and I am sure lots do. It is his opinion alone though that decides. It is not up to me or the other mods. CheapyD doesn't even ask my opinion about it...why should he.

I agree that the site probably needs a couple more mods, but I don't think having a popularity contest is the best way to get more.

Mods are generally chosen by Cheapy asking for suggestions/reccomendations from other Mods. I dont know, it's his decision if he wants to add more or not. Maybe after he see's this.

[quote name='help1']I wanna be a mod, im on alot, but then again, if I was a mod, every1 would leave CAG :lol:[/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='help1']I wanna be a mod, im on alot, but then again, if I was a mod, every1 would leave CAG :lol:[/quote]

I thought you said after Halo2 came out you were going to take some down time?

[quote name='help1']I wanna be a mod, im on alot, but then again, if I was a mod, every1 would leave CAG :lol:[/quote]I'd stay here. It would just be me and you buddy. Maybe we could have some adult time all to ourselves. Some *cough* fun time, perhaps. :grouphug:

I'll be a mod... :D

[quote name='valor19']I say, "russian roulette!"

Pass the gun around to all CAG's and the one still alive is the new mod.[/quote]
Not as fun and effective as a Ultimate Fighting match.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='valor19']I say, "russian roulette!"

Pass the gun around to all CAG's and the one still alive is the new mod.[/quote]
Not as fun and effective as a Ultimate Fighting match.[/quote]Everything is more fun with a gun. :twisted:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I still think we need more mods. I've also noticed that the more frequent mods tend to be bunched up and are either all on at the same time, or there's no mods on at all. Maybe a few more would cover the spread. I dunno.[/quote]

I really, really agree with you. I think there should be a few more mods.[/quote]

I totally agree with this. A few more mods are definitly needed. It would also spread the load through out the site. A lot of the mods tend to bunch up during certain hours and at other times there are none, and much of the time they are really needed.

I don't think howevern that it should be a popularity contest..

[quote name='jlarlee']i got blasted in the beginning but it seems that my movement is gaining momentum[/quote]

Well I think everyone would like more mods its just that not everyone liked your idea. I think Cheapy really ought to just find another 2 people, that way anyone who dissagrees can take a hike.

There are a lot of posters who deserve to be mods. Let Cheapy and the others decide. Popularity is definitley not the way to go. And yes, we need a few more mods.

[quote name='jlarlee']i got blasted in the beginning but it seems that my movement is gaining momentum[/quote]

It was a good idea bringing up the fact that we need more mods, but I still don't like your original idea on how to nominate them. Cheapy should decide.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='jlarlee']i got blasted in the beginning but it seems that my movement is gaining momentum[/quote]

It was a good idea bringing up the fact that we need more mods, but I still don't like your original idea on how to nominate them. Cheapy should decide.[/quote]

Agreed. Start at New Years perhaps?

Exactly.
More mods wouldn't even necessarily mean a tighter, more controlled site.
Gamefaqs has almost completely destroyed the rank of moderator, making it more of a status symbol than anything else.

For the most part, the mods here do a great job.
A few of them are still a little immature, and have had problems due to that. That immaturity comes from youth, and in general, the mods have done well dispite that issue.

But even in the situations where they did misuse thier station, they did realize that they were at fault, apologized, and then dropped the issue.

Adding moderators is something that must be done slowly and carefully. With the exception of Neko Hime, Cheapy D and defender, they have the most control over how the site runs and the content that appears on it. You need to pick people that you can trust with such responsibility, as not only do you give them such board shaping powers, you also allow them more access to the innerworkings of the site.. which can prove to be a very dangerous thing.

CheapyD will make changes as he sees fit, and when he sees fit.

[quote name='jlarlee']Yea possibly popularity isn't the way to go, that may get ugly[/quote]

but on the other hand, we alwready did the polls and big nick and i would be your new mods XoDD

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='jlarlee']Yea possibly popularity isn't the way to go, that may get ugly[/quote]

but on the other hand, we alwready did the polls and big nick and i would be your new mods XoDD[/quote]

heh punq with the amount you are on here you would get my vote. You may have to not do those hilarious comics though

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='jlarlee']Yea possibly popularity isn't the way to go, that may get ugly[/quote]

but on the other hand, we alwready did the polls and big nick and i would be your new mods XoDD[/quote]

I think most people would be quite okay with that, I can just see big nick locking down a thread now. :twisted:

but on the other hand, we alwready did the polls and big nick and i would be your new mods XoDD[/quote]Would that really be bad? I wouldn't mind BigNick posting often here again as a mod and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: ) so you'd be a great mod. On the other hand, making punq a mod could destroy CAG, so we better not fuck with it. :lol:

[quote name='"sj41"'][quote name='punqsux']and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: ) [/quote]

shut up waffle, im on break Xop

But we must not vote because it would bring about the demise of CAG. Punq the terminator and Nick T1000 would destroy us all

[quote name='"punqsux"'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='punqsux']and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: ) [/quote]

shut up waffle, im on break Xop[/quote]

burn his ass in the toaster!!!

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sj41'][and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: ) [/quote]

shut up waffle, im on break Xop[/quote]

burn his ass in the toaster!!![/quote]

:rofl:

bread's done
Back