A cool way to add a new mod

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:19 PM

i got blasted in the beginning but it seems that my movement is gaining momentum
Posted Image

#32 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:22 PM

i got blasted in the beginning but it seems that my movement is gaining momentum

Well I think everyone would like more mods its just that not everyone liked your idea. I think Cheapy really ought to just find another 2 people, that way anyone who dissagrees can take a hike.

#33 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:46 PM

There are a lot of posters who deserve to be mods. Let Cheapy and the others decide. Popularity is definitley not the way to go. And yes, we need a few more mods.

samuraifez.png

#34 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:41 AM

A few new mods would be nice.
Posted Image

#35 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:47 AM

It was a good idea bringing up the fact that we need more mods, but I still don't like your original idea on how to nominate them. Cheapy should decide.

#36 Renzokuken

Renzokuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:49 AM

It was a good idea bringing up the fact that we need more mods, but I still don't like your original idea on how to nominate them. Cheapy should decide.

Agreed. Start at New Years perhaps?

#37 evilmax17

evilmax17

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:54 AM

More mods: Yes.
User's decide?: Hell no.

Leave it up to Cheapy and co.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:03 AM

Exactly.
More mods wouldn't even necessarily mean a tighter, more controlled site.
Gamefaqs has almost completely destroyed the rank of moderator, making it more of a status symbol than anything else.

For the most part, the mods here do a great job.
A few of them are still a little immature, and have had problems due to that. That immaturity comes from youth, and in general, the mods have done well dispite that issue.

But even in the situations where they did misuse thier station, they did realize that they were at fault, apologized, and then dropped the issue.

Adding moderators is something that must be done slowly and carefully. With the exception of Neko Hime, Cheapy D and defender, they have the most control over how the site runs and the content that appears on it. You need to pick people that you can trust with such responsibility, as not only do you give them such board shaping powers, you also allow them more access to the innerworkings of the site.. which can prove to be a very dangerous thing.

CheapyD will make changes as he sees fit, and when he sees fit.

#39 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 04:58 AM

Yea possibly popularity isn't the way to go, that may get ugly
Posted Image

#40 punqsux

punqsux

1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:08 AM

but on the other hand, we alwready did the polls and big nick and i would be your new mods XoDD

#41 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:12 AM

but on the other hand, we alwready did the polls and big nick and i would be your new mods XoDD

heh punq with the amount you are on here you would get my vote. You may have to not do those hilarious comics though
Posted Image

#42 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:12 AM

I think most people would be quite okay with that, I can just see big nick locking down a thread now. :twisted:

#43 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:13 AM

Would that really be bad? I wouldn't mind BigNick posting often here again as a mod and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: ) so you'd be a great mod. On the other hand, making punq a mod could destroy CAG, so we better not Fuck with it. :lol:

#44 punqsux

punqsux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:17 AM

[quote name='"sj41"'][quote name='punqsux']and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: ) [/quote]

shut up waffle, im on break Xop

#45 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:18 AM

But we must not vote because it would bring about the demise of CAG. Punq the terminator and Nick T1000 would destroy us all
Posted Image

#46 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:18 AM

[quote name='"punqsux"'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='punqsux']and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: ) [/quote]

shut up waffle, im on break Xop[/quote]

burn his ass in the toaster!!!

Posted Image

#47 punqsux

punqsux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:21 AM

[and punq, you're on here all the time (which is kind of sad :wink: )

shut up waffle, im on break Xop

burn his ass in the toaster!!!

:rofl:

#48 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:20 AM

The pWo should mod.

I'd like to mod, but I doubt I would get picked to be one. I think the mods hate me :lol:
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175