Post Your Motorcycle.

20swzf5.jpg

If everything works out well (I don't buy a house), I'll be the proud owner of a Triumph Rocket III by the end of the year. Hopefully within a few months. :drool:

rocket_III_1.jpg

Oh yes, she will be mine...

Mine's a '93 Shadow custom... but I substituted a hot gf for the hot wife. :D
[quote name='Derwood43']
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

'03 Honda Shadow Spirit, and a hot wife.[/quote]

Don't have one yet but hopefully I will soon. This thread just makes the anticipation that much harder. I would like to get a GSX.

Also, nice bike, Synergy!

Nice bikes guys.

I just sold my bike a few weeks ago. Had a yellow/black 2000 Suzuki GSXR600. I enjoyed riding it but I just rarely did. The bike became little more than a large dust collector in the garage so I decided to sell it while it was still worth a few grand.

I'm sorry that you sold your bike, BillyBob. I would kill for a GSXR.

And for the record, his bike should have looked identical to this:

GSXR600-Yellow.jpg

82 Yamaha Virago

virago1ia1.jpg

It's a POS, I bought it to learn to ride on and mostly all I've learned is how to work on bikes instead of riding them. I've been working on it since last year and just can't seem to get it to run quite like it should. It's ridable, but I don't know how much I can trust it. So I'm now looking at maybe trading it in for this:

VP826366_1.jpg

[quote name='R1V3R5']I'm sorry that you sold your bike, BillyBob. I would kill for a GSXR.

And for the record, his bike should have looked identical to this:

GSXR600-Yellow.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's it. I'm sure I will miss it here and there and I may look into a new bike down the line but for the time being I was just better off clearing out that extra space in the garage.

But damn, while I was waiting around the dealership getting it inspected I was looking into all the new bikes and there have been so many improvements and the new styling is just so much better....I was really tempted to just trade up.

This might be a tad off topic and I apologize, but it isn't worth making a new topic about: why do people (usually Harleys) replace the factory exhaust with pipes loud enough to disturb people indoors in residential areas? I mean... is there actually a worthwhile performance boost, or do they only do it to be loud?

[quote name='Koggit']This might be a tad off topic and I apologize, but it isn't worth making a new topic about: why do people (usually Harleys) replace the factory exhaust with pipes loud enough to disturb people indoors in residential areas? I mean... is there actually a worthwhile performance boost, or do they only do it to be loud?[/quote]

I don't think there is any noticeable performance gain from having louder pipes, mainly it's just because they like the sound or how the pipes look. Also, there is a saying out there that "loud pipes save lives." Louder pipes can make you more noticeable in traffic. People in cars don't always notice you on a bike and will do some stupid shit that will put you in danger while you're on two wheels. Having a louder exhaust means they might notice you a little more and are maybe a little less likely to cut you off or run you off the road by moving into the lane you're currently in.

[quote name='Mid Boss']"loud pipes save lives." Louder pipes can make you more noticeable in traffic.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I've always heard.

I don't ride, but those who do stay safe.

I'd rather be found obnoxious than found run over.

[quote name='Koggit']This might be a tad off topic and I apologize, but it isn't worth making a new topic about: why do people (usually Harleys) replace the factory exhaust with pipes loud enough to disturb people indoors in residential areas? I mean... is there actually a worthwhile performance boost, or do they only do it to be loud?[/quote]

[quote name='Mid Boss']82 Yamaha Virago

virago1ia1.jpg

It's a POS, I bought it to learn to ride on and mostly all I've learned is how to work on bikes instead of riding them. I've been working on it since last year and just can't seem to get it to run quite like it should. It's ridable, but I don't know how much I can trust it. So I'm now looking at maybe trading it in for this:

VP826366_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

its funny you say that, my dad has a 1992 virago 650, it ran fine last year, but this year the front cylinder won't fire for some reason, its getting a spark but just won't run (the exhaust out of it is ice cold, but the other pipe is hot... very weird)

I have a 1982 Yamaha XJ650, its sort of a POS, but it runs well, this is my first full season of riding, so I'll learn on it and then get something else (I'm thinking a V-Star Classic)

[quote name='Drnick']its funny you say that, my dad has a 1992 virago 650, it ran fine last year, but this year the front cylinder won't fire for some reason, its getting a spark but just won't run (the exhaust out of it is ice cold, but the other pipe is hot... very weird)

I have a 1982 Yamaha XJ650, its sort of a POS, but it runs well, this is my first full season of riding, so I'll learn on it and then get something else (I'm thinking a V-Star Classic)[/quote]

That's sort of what my problem is. The front cylinder doesn't fire on idle, it pops in and out a little and it'll kick in when its running around 3500 rpms or higher and the front cylinder kicks in, but below that its just the rear that keeps it running. I'm pretty confident it's something to do with getting the carbs adjusted properly but everything I've thought it could be hasn't fixed it so I don't know anymore. I've found a lot of help here, I wouldn't have had my bike running where it is now(which is a hell of a lot better than it was when I bought it) if it weren't for that site, maybe you can find a fix for your dad's bike there. I haven't found the fix yet for mine, but my bike hasn't been that well taken care of over the years.

I'll probably try and get some more time trying to ride it as is before I get something nicer. It's just been frustrating that for all the money, work, and time I've sunk into the thing that I still don't have it right.

[quote name='Synergy']Here's mine - '07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R. I've since added red rim tape.

mambaninja2.jpg

mambaninja.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dykes on bikes!!! YAY!!!!!!! :applause: :applause:

[quote name='Pookymeister']
20swzf5.jpg
[/quote]

Damn, dat's hawt. Da bike of course...

As for me if I was insane enough to ride one it'd be this.

confederateMotorcycle.jpg

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Yeah, you're basically riding a Viper engine on wheels. It's pretty badass, but I prefer a more traditional look.[/QUOTE]

They predict 0-60 in three fourths of a second. That's about 3.7 G average, max g-force is probably higher. 4 G is enough to make people pass out.

Could you imagine somebody getting on, gunning it, and then passing out at 60 mph from the g-force of accelerating there? I'd lol.

Ok people lets review shall we? "VIPER ENGINE". We all know how much power a "VIPER ENGINE" has... right? Now... "VIPER ENGINE" on motorcycle, not a 2700 lbs. car... a MOTORCYCLE. Yeah, I chose LIFE. lool

Taking full advantage of the SEARCH button before getting flamed, I figured it was easier raising this post than starting a new one. I was curious if anyone else rode at this point?

First Bike: 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4 (19,000 miles when I sold it, still cleaner than most)

102_2219.jpg

Current bike: 2003 Triumph Speed Triple 955i (Love it! Filthy though. Tearing it down to have some work/paint done, so no washing!)

100_1038.jpg

Also working on a 1969 Suzuki B100p and a 1977 Tomos A3 Moped

Again, I know it's an old thread, but interesting story regarding the Dodge Tomahawk above. The guy who was test riding it for the press release photo shoot got tossed off it the first time he rode it. Unfortunately it's too much power for anyone to actually handle. Maybe on a dyno it would work? Anyway, he agreed to finish the photo shoot but would not come out of first gear and they had to make it LOOK like he was going fast.

bread's done
Back