The Best Game Ever Made

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 facemeat

facemeat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

You realize we were talking Old School games, right?

The OP never stated the game had to be Old School. He just wanted to know what everyone's favorite game was. And, last time I checked, this was the Old School & Other Gaming Systems forum, not the Old School forum. Don't want to sound like an ass, just thought I should point that out.

#62 danked

danked

Devourer of souls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

i agree with xenogears

Xenogears was awesome to bad Xenosaga sucked
Piracy Isn’t Killing The Movie Industry, Greed Is

"you can say I am a dreamer but I am not the only one"

Posted Image

I repair 360's

#63 the_deej

the_deej

I'm making roffles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

I'd say Chrono Trigger, thats the only game I've actually played through more than once.

I don't understand why people get orgasms over Xenogears though... I can't stand all those japanese animation cut scenes!

Edited by the_deej, 12 July 2008 - 05:31 AM.

My TradeGamesNow Tradelist:
If you want to make a trade let me know!

http://www.tradegame...MaStA&view=home

#64 Ronin317

Ronin317

The Yinzer Slayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

I don't think I can choose one overall. I mean, I have faves, but they are far from being the best across the board. SMB3 comes closest, but IMO has been surpassed in many respects.

Call of Duty 4 may be the best experience I've had in the current gen, both Single and Multi, but last gen, I'd be hard pressed to find a game that I enjoyed more than Halo 2, with the exception of Panzer Orta. Hell, I might even go genre specific.

Too damn much to narrow it down...I mean, what about Tetris???? Comparatively, I've probably played the same game across the most platforms in some form of Tetris. Then where does Street Fighter fit in? And I've probably put more hours into hockey games than anything else over my gaming history...I might have played NHL 92-3-4 combined more than anything else. Hmm...I'll have to think about this.

Edited by Ronin317, 12 July 2008 - 06:25 AM.

Posted Image

#65 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

And, last time I checked, this was the Old School & Other Gaming Systems forum, not the Old School forum. Don't want to sound like an ass, just thought I should point that out.

Other Gaming Systems Forum meaning, not PC, not xbox or 360, not psp, ps2 or ps3, not GameCube or Wii or DS or GBA. ;)
gwensigol8.png

#66 joemoedee

joemoedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

Wow, tough questions, it's hard to narrow it down.

Oldschool, has to be either Baseball Stars or Tecmo Super Bowl. I don't know how many hours of my life were spent on either of those. (Really oldschool, Pepper II on Coleco)

More recent... Resident Evil: Code Veronica. I loved that game, my wife loved watching me play it. Storyline, graphics (at the time), all very immersing. Spawned my interest in the whole series.

Castlevania SoTN, incredible, although it spawned my greatest display of gamer rage. I was over 100% done with it, and planning on finishing it out. Turned it on and my POS Mad Catz Memory Card had nothing on it. It subsequently flew all the way across the house and broke against the wall. I haven't had the heart to restart over, 9 years later. :)

Online wise, TetriNet and Acrophobia were wonderful. Xbox Live wise, Midtown Madness 3. (As I suck tremendously at FPSers)

#67 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:05 AM

Ikaruga

Hell no! Too damn hard! Very nice, but overrated.

#68 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

Allota people own alotta games they are called sellers but then again alot of people own alot of games but yet have played any of them?

Wohh woooh wait a second you take pleasure games......taht is a bit too much information for us....between you and me I take pleasure in games also.

Was pretty much the entire N64 collection of Americas and Europe.

Well duh that is only thing people in USA went crazy over along with the rest of the world.

There is a topic for this and is below this one

Super Metroid is grand but to be honest in Japan it was not well taken thus it was one of two failures that made the creator of Gameboy Gunpei Yoko leave Nintendo. Now I call that pride.

That is only because FFVII is only FF6 in 3d and the game was sappose to take place in Midgar. Personally I have been playing around with the game for awhile and it seems to be a run of the mill commercial post apocolyptic future perfect RPG. What is so diffrent and great about the game. Far East Of Eden and Grandia is much better games and series from my observation.

BASH!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really...

How so?????!!!?!!????

Now merge the topics.

The turth is SNES is the RPG king and will allways be. PSX just had high use of
3d in it's RPG games. The Saturn is probably the next best thing along with the original NES and PCE. running in the back. Never the Genesis since it is known for it's action titles.

The thing is mini games along with action/adeventure games ( including comic games ) will allways be the best period.

I was going to describe a whole bunch of games but I will just do one per weekly

Bomberman -Even after the Uni-bomber, the Twin Towers bombing people will still continue to say BLOW ME SILLY, BLOW ME HARD, I BLEWED U T KINGDOM COME. I WILL MAKE U XPLODE and other words. Bomberman reaching it's peak on the N64 was a something to admire and play. The series is perfected beyond it's years. In fact I am listening to the Second Attack right now.

How the hell did you become such an authority on videogames? You are a true asshole. All you did was waste alot of space in this thread. Dumbass!

#69 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

There is no, one, single best game ever. To decide this, at best, we can break it down by genre and then judge each game in their respective genres by Story, Graphics, etc. etc.

#70 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

Another vote for Tetris

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#71 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

I alwya thought Super Metroid.

#72 CmptrVir

CmptrVir

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:03 AM

Hmm, best game ever made. Personally, I'd have to go with mega man x3, every mega man game after that was a waste of time. Realistically, I have to give it to tetris though. It's really simple to understand, starts out slow enough for newbs, and over time gets more and more difficult that it can even challenge elite gamers.
Hack The Planet!!!

#73 We Are Ninja

We Are Ninja

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

SSX3 or Racing Lagoon.

#74 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

Final Fantasy Tactics. I could never hate that game.

#75 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Oregon Trail

Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

Ghouls N' Ghosts - I prefer the Arcade version but the Genesis port was great. I used to be able to beat it without continuing but now I can only get to the final level of the second loop. Still my favorite game of all time.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#77 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:59 AM

The Last Blade
or the first mariokart

#78 DragonClaw

DragonClaw

Super Lurker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:38 AM

StarCraft hands down. It is the perfect RTS. Races are unique and PERFECTLY balanced. Game play is streamlined, with the perfect mix of micro and macro managing. Units are not bogged down with useless special abilities ,and the vast majority of units are useful. New strategies are constantly being developed and online is still very competitive. Matches are paced well and very suspenseful. The only RTS series that can compete with starcraft is the total war series, but these are a whole different type of RTS.

#79 Zaggart

Zaggart

Lord of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:46 PM

For me it's Lords of Thunder (and to a lesser extent, Gate of Thunder) on the TurboDuo. It had awesome graphics, gameplay that was challenging but not unforgiving, and the rock soundtrack still has yet to be bested to this day. Some of my friends that haven't even seen it in over a decade can still hum the opening music. lol

#80 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

For me personally its:

STAR CONTROL 2

#81 dcswirl

dcswirl

You'll Never Walk Alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:01 AM

Having played thousands of games, I have to say FF7.

#82 Segasonic01

Segasonic01

Sonic Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

Shenmue. Followed closely by Shenmue 2

#83 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki