Photo
- - - - -

The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

• Please log in to reply
7701 replies to this topic

#5641 pacemakerguy

pacemakerguy

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

Banjo Kazooie, i found the soundtrack for Fable, just wondering if anyone knows if you could get Banjo Kazooie
Now playing:
Max Payne 3
GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony
NHL 12
TLOZ: Skyward Sword

#5642 gamingninja

gamingninja

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

I was having issues with my wireless until I set my xbox on the DMZ. Works perfect now.

You have a DeMilitarized(sp) Zone in your home. That's crazy.
There are no small kills, only small ninjas-

Its not about the size of the dog in the fight, its about finding out how many heads the dog has and then choppin' em off real quickly and also killing the demonic spirit that is possessing that hell hound -

The baby with two heads can kill alot more than the baby with one -

#5643 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

I don't believe they have the album for Banjo and Kazooie yet. They probably never will, however I may be able to find a site that will allow you to download the music from the game.

http://vgmusic.com/m...4/index-af.html

What do you know it's the first one. :D Enjoy. The files are midi I believe, so don't be expecting any awesome MP3 forms.

#5644 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

Alright thanks Thrust. :D

I wish my mom didn't cancel her Netflix account. >.<

#5645 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Weird thing happened yesterday. I hooked up my wireless wheel and played some PGR4 but had some weird video problems. As I was racing all of a sudden the video would cut out, total blackness, then after a second or so it would come back in. This happened multiple times during the race, really hard to drive with a wheel when you can't see! This doesn't happen to me with any other game so could a disc create this phenomenon? Is this a sign that my video card is getting close to it's end? I'm going to try and play it today ripped to the hard drive.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5646 pacemakerguy

pacemakerguy

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

thanks
Now playing:
Max Payne 3
GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony
NHL 12
TLOZ: Skyward Sword

#5647 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

No problem. :D

#5648 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

Ok, so here's what I discovered. It's not the TV or disc. It's the actual Xbox itself. I tried a bunch of different combinations with different TVs, different discs, different games, but some reason, my son's Xbox when it plays Gears of War 2 only, has the spotting problem. I called Microsoft and they ran me through some diagnostic stuff and we eliminated the harddrive from being the issue but nothing we did fixed the problem. So they let me know since the system is out of warranty (by 2 months) that I can send it in for $99. After having 4 broken Xboxes I'm not too happy about spending another $99 for them to fix a 5th. We'll just be dealing with the issue for now.

Personally I wouldn't pay that. For $200 you'd get a new unit with new hardware, and can just use your old drive, versus getting a refurbed model that will probably break again, though I know a lot of people prefer going the refurb route.

Weird thing happened yesterday. I hooked up my wireless wheel and played some PGR4 but had some weird video problems. As I was racing all of a sudden the video would cut out, total blackness, then after a second or so it would come back in. This happened multiple times during the race, really hard to drive with a wheel when you can't see! This doesn't happen to me with any other game so could a disc create this phenomenon? Is this a sign that my video card is getting close to it's end? I'm going to try and play it today ripped to the hard drive.

Good idea about ripping it to the hard drive. Try it on another TV if you can, but yeah, sounds suspicious.

I know it's weird, but it's possible for GPUs to fail in a way that SOME stuff seems to run fine, and other stuff doesn't. Doom 3 really showed up problems on the GPUs of the day when it came out 'cause it pushed the hardware a lot harder than other games-used more of it. Something like Gears 2 that doesn't surprise me, but other games could be using the hardware in a way that other games aren't. Eventually it'll spread probably and start doing that in every game, but they can fail weirdly.

#5649 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

I have a new jasper with the built in memory and a 120 gb hard drive and I'm having trouble playing games that I've installed to the hard drive.

One example is Grid. When I start the game up, it searches for DLC and a prompt comes up asking me to select a storage device. I have to either pick my HDD or the built in memory. At this time the disc starts to spin up and doesn't stop until I'm done playing the game.

Is there any way to have my 360 use the hard drive for everything so the select a storage device prompt doesn't pop up? I think that's causing me to not be able to play the game off of the hard drive.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#5650 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

Is there any way to have my 360 use the hard drive for everything so the select a storage device prompt doesn't pop up? I think that's causing me to not be able to play the game off of the hard drive.

The only games that got that right are Crackdown and GTAIV, you always have to select a storage device for any other game. You'd think the developers would learn by now that this is an un-needed step.

Good idea about ripping it to the hard drive. Try it on another TV if you can, but yeah, sounds suspicious.

Yea I played PGR4 with it off my hard drive, no problem. Used the controller and then the wheel and did not see the video cut out and in situation. Possibly spinning the disc and not reading data caused this, the disc has scratches and a few chips on the side?!

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5651 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

Needs advice. :wave:

My TV has 2 composite, 2 component, 2 HDMI, 1 VGA, and 1 VGA-Component outputs.
I have my Wii & 360 set up on my 2 components, my HD cable box & PS3 on the HDMI.

Since the 360 on HDMI isn't possible for 2 reasons: I only have 2 HDMI ports, and my 360 is older and doesn't have an HDMI, :lol: Could it go "VGA" or "VGA-Component"? Is it worth doing that? How much do these VGA or VGA-Component cables run? :-s

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#5652 REL1203

REL1203

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

So with the purchase of my new LCD TV, BestBuy was giving a free 60GB 360 Pro system, and since I needed a new HD anyway cause my 20GB is full on my old Pro System, I took advantage of the deal, but it has occurred to me that I will need to transfer all the stuff on the 20GB to the 60GB and I didnt get a Data Transfer cable, so what are my options. Most of the files on my 20GB are RockBand and GH songs, the rest are saves and some arcade games. What are my options for making the 60GB my new main drive with all my old stuff on it?

Thanks
http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203]http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203%5D

#5653 ravenbear

ravenbear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:50 AM

contact microsoft for a transfer cable
there is also a shared cable floating around the CAG population search for thread and see if you can add yourself to it.

#5654 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:44 AM

Request a transfer kit, i have a form filled up but i never sent it in

#5655 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

go with the transfer cable. Alternatively you could buy a memory card and move everything but that might be a hassle.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#5656 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:24 AM

So I'm having a bit of an issue here that I can't quite figure out. I downloaded the trial for Worms, didn't like it, I want to delete it. Only problem is that I can't. Every time I try, it says it can't perform the action. Any ideas as to why this is?

EDIT: I got it taken care of. I had to shut down my console and restart it, and I was able to delete it.

Edited by KingBroly, 04 January 2009 - 07:28 AM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5657 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:41 AM

Needs advice. :wave:

My TV has 2 composite, 2 component, 2 HDMI, 1 VGA, and 1 VGA-Component outputs.
I have my Wii & 360 set up on my 2 components, my HD cable box & PS3 on the HDMI.

Since the 360 on HDMI isn't possible for 2 reasons: I only have 2 HDMI ports, and my 360 is older and doesn't have an HDMI, :lol: Could it go "VGA" or "VGA-Component"? Is it worth doing that? How much do these VGA or VGA-Component cables run? :-s

If your tv is 37" or bigger and can support 1080p through component you are fine. If it is 37" or bigger and does not support 1080p through component you should go with VGA. If your tv is smaller than 37" you should stick with component at 1080p or 720p.

VGA cables for the 360 can be had for pretty cheap at TRU and GS
Posted Image

#5658 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:58 AM

On this topic I played Enchanted Arms on my brother's Xbox 360 and now have my own 360. Problem is it won't allow you how to transfer the data from the old one, any ideas? And yes, I've also tried starting the game with the data on the old HD, and saving it to a different source, and it doesn't work
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#5659 von551

von551

Place Is Dead Anyways...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

i'm curious why someone would buy xbox live for instant netflix. it's available on the PC for free. besides, I have almost 200 items that are worth watching, you either have no taste or don't know how to find what you like. It's an abyss, i keep finding new stuff to add all the time. You don't buy xbox live for free instant netflix on PC, you get it to game online, rent movies, buy XBL games, etc.
Posted Image

#5660 Puffoluffagus

Puffoluffagus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

Right, there's no point in buying XBL just for netflix. Before I had my Xbox, I was just hooking my laptop up to my TV and watching movies that way. The Xbox just makes it more convenient now.

#5661 TruVisionary

TruVisionary

I take large steps.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

I'm not sure if it's my Internet connection, the router or my wireless adapter, but while in the dashboard my connection periodically drops out. Is anyone else having this problem? My router firmware is updated. Is it a Microsoft thing? I haven't used the NXE with just an ethernet cable, so I don't know if that would fix things, but would also defeat the purpose of the wireless adapter. Suggestions? Comments? Bananas?

I have the same problem everyone in a while, I just unpluged it and plug it back in and it would work.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5662 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hmm.. my TV is 37 and can't do 1080p :(

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#5663 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

I have a new jasper with the built in memory and a 120 gb hard drive and I'm having trouble playing games that I've installed to the hard drive.

One example is Grid. When I start the game up, it searches for DLC and a prompt comes up asking me to select a storage device. I have to either pick my HDD or the built in memory. At this time the disc starts to spin up and doesn't stop until I'm done playing the game.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#5664 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

Okay so I saw Blue Dragon in GAME today for £6 and wondering if it was good? This is coming from someone new to J-RPGs so please bare that in mind. I just really need something new to play I am so bored at the moment gaming wise. I may even pick up Too Human for £8 also..

Thanks.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5665 TheInfamousTimmy

TheInfamousTimmy

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

I know that Xbox 360 games are region free, but what about Add-Ons and DLC for the games?

Hypothetical: I want to buy the European version of Street Fighter IV CE and I live in the United States.

Question 1: It comes with DLC in the CE. Will I have trouble with this, or will it work with no problems?

Question 2: Let's say that 2 months later they release some new DLC. Will I be able to use the US DLC or will I have to create a UK account and download the DLC there?

#5666 playing mantis

playing mantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

XBOX Originals on Goozex? Is this legit? Can people have a download code to give out, or is this bogus?

UPS just deliverd my 360 5 minutes ago, so I don't know how XBLM works yet.

#5667 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

It is going to depend on the game. Some games you can use the game save and DLC between different region. You bigger concern is rather the game is region free.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#5668 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

XBOX Originals on Goozex? Is this legit? Can people have a download code to give out, or is this bogus?

UPS just deliverd my 360 5 minutes ago, so I don't know how XBLM works yet.

If there is a download code available for said Xbox Original (I don't think any of them have a download code) then yes you could get them through goozex. Otherwise no. It's kinda a minor error with the database that goozex uses to list their games. There are games listed which cannot be traded for numerous reasons but are still listed on the site anyway.

#5669 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

Okay so my first Xbox 360 died apparently so I bought the Elite and it does not come with a transfer kit, is there any way I can transfer it over easily without the kit? I have a memory card. Also, now that I plugged my 20 GB into the Elite all my arcade games show up as demos. Also, any suggestion on connecting to the internet. I hooked everything up the same as it was on my old xbox 360. I entered everything got passed network and internet, but it got stuck at Xbox Live and failed. It recommended I turn off my router so I did I unplugged it for 30 seconds, but now it fails at network. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Also the Elite has a few arcade games on it that the person downloaded. Is there a way to transfer my new stuff over while still keeping those games. To my understanding there is something called account recovery? Basically the only thing I need to bring over is my profile, achievements, and downloaded games/add-ons. I have a memory card, but not sure how to go about this.

Edited by jaydepps, 06 January 2009 - 03:36 AM.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#5670 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

Well, I've played the shiz out of MGS and I need more stealth. Just wondering how well SC:CT and SC:Double Agent (superior xbox version) run on the 360...I'm mostly concerned about the framerates/glitches.