Photo
- - - - -

The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

• Please log in to reply
7706 replies to this topic

#5671 metalgearray

metalgearray

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:36 AM

I haven't played Double Agent for the original Xbox, but Chaos Theory runs great. There ARE framerate issues, but I'm not sure if it's the BC emulation or if they were always there. But it's very playable, and still looks great today.

If you don't have it already, go get it! It's only a couple of bucks these days!

#5672 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

So you bought a used system? If it already has purchased stuff on it, that won't work anymore when you transfer your profile over.

You can just move it to a memory card and move it to the new system, or recover it over the internet.

To get your games working on the new system though you'll need to go through the process listed on their site to authorize the new system. You can only do that once a year though. Otherwise they'll just be demos unless you're actively logged in to the live service.

#5673 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

Okay so step 1 would be adding the saved games to my memory card and placing them all on my old 20 GB? Is there a guide to this process? Step 3 would be account recovery and this would bring over my profile with achievements? Is there a guide for this as well? I could just go on xbox.com and redownload everything? What about saved games? Thanks, sorry if I sound pushy and what not. Thanks the advice.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#5674 playing mantis

playing mantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:55 AM

Well, I've played the shiz out of MGS and I need more stealth. Just wondering how well SC:CT and SC:Double Agent (superior xbox version) run on the 360...I'm mostly concerned about the framerates/glitches.

How is the XBOX version better than 360 version? Very interested.

#5675 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:42 AM

How is the XBOX version better than 360 version? Very interested.

Check the reviews, Gamespot in particular. Better mission structure, better story (apparently; I haven't played the 360 build).

#5676 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

Will i be able to run in 1080p and/or 1080i? or just 720p?

I know what i need to get.

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by Dr. Pizza, 06 January 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#5677 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

If he asked the same question then his answers should also apply to you...so why ask the same thing twice?

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#5678 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

Actually, what i MEANT to say was he asked where to get a VGA Cord for the monitor, like i was looking for.

He didn't ask this question though. so could you tell me if you know? XD i botched.

#5679 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

I'm confused...what do you have now? A 20GB drive from your old system, and a new 120GB drive that came with the new system that you're trying to transfer stuff to?

If so, (short of trying to get a transfer kit) you can just copy game saves to a memory card, and then copy them back to the new hard drive. A few game saves can't be copied, but most can. You can move your profile to the memory card, and then back onto the new hard drive. You don't even need to recover it.

The only tricky part at all is you'll need to have the new system connected to the internet and on Microsoft's Xbox site go through the process of authorizing it (which as mentioned can only be done once a year).

#5680 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Actually, what i MEANT to say was he asked where to get a VGA Cord for the monitor, like i was looking for.

He didn't ask this question though. so could you tell me if you know? XD i botched.

Target sells VGA cords for $14.99

#5681 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Thanks, I'll have to try to figure out the Live. It is having trouble.
UPDATE: Xbox Live is up and running now. The situation is my old system's 20 GB has one profile, saved games, and arcade games/add ons that need to be moved, but the kid that I got the Elite off of downloaded like 15 arcade games and played none of them.(Seriously this kid got a system for Christmas and found out he hates video games...) I heard if I transfer my profile it will bring my achievements and I can redownload all my arcade games and add ons at no additional cost? As for the saved games I can do them one at a time? Thanks for any help.

Edited by jaydepps, 06 January 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#5682 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Blue Dragon £6?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5683 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

Can't be that bad I heard mixed reviews, but overall most people would agree if you can get it that cheap go for it.

#5684 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Target sells VGA cords for $14.99

Dear Idiot, I ASKED IF THEY PLAY in 1080! NOT FOR HOW MUCH THEY COST.

Good god, why is everyone being such an asshole today :|

#5685 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Because you asked a stupid question. What do you expect?

No one knows what it is going to play in because we can't come in your house AND LOOK AT THE RESOLUTION OF YOUR MONITOR. The games are going to run at your monitors native resolution. They added 16:10 support in the last update, so it should just run in that resolution.

Posted Image

#5686 supraazn

supraazn

¡ʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

Because God did not make all monitors equal.

Pot calling the kettle black

#5687 MuzykMann

MuzykMann

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

Dear Ungrateful Punk, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED to OTHER'S ADVICE! NOT OWED ANYTHING BY ANYBODY.

Good god, why does this kid think someone attempting to help him warrants a sarcastic middle school outburst :|

#5688 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

Blue Dragon? Yeah, it's good. I mean it's one of the better Japanese RPGs out there. I'd personally put it on the same level as Final Fantasy 5, though others like it better than I do. Lost Odyssey is far better IMO, and more comparable to the latter Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger, though some even like Blue Dragon better. The story to me isn't that great, but it does have it's moments. (So like FF5, it has a weak-ish story-though par for the course for Japanese RPGs, but typically strong Sakaguchi gameplay.)

EDIT: How did this end up way after the Blue Dragon post? Oh well. And what's with that guy calling someone and idiot for trying to help? Geez.

Edited by Wolfpup, 06 January 2009 - 05:58 PM.

#5689 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:37 PM

Okay, so here is my status update. I have about half of my saved games on my memory card now. If I copy these saved games onto my 120 GB and then do account recovery after every game has been moved will I be able to play the saved games normally and redownload all game add ons and arcade games? Thanks

#5690 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

You don't need to recover your profile-you can just move it. Either way will work though.

But after doing all that, you'll need to have it connected to the internet and go through the process on Microsoft's Xbox site to transfer your licenses to your new system, as mentioned this can be done once per year. You can't do that from your Xbox.

#5691 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

Okay thanks, is there a link I can find this process? Before I do this I should transfer over all my saved games correct? Thanks again.

#5692 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

It doesn't matter if you do it before or after, though you might want to make sure the new unit works first.

I just searched on their site and found:

http://www.xbox.com/...censemigration/

#5693 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

Hi, I'm wanting to get a nice set of headphones that will also double as a headset. From what I have seen, there are some nice headsets out there, but not anything you would want to use for general headphone use.

I just wanted to know if there is anything out there I could use for the 360 that is a good set of headphones on its own. (I like the Sennheisser HD-555, but it's not a headset).

#5694 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for moving my post to this clusterfuck of a thread.

#5695 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

I have a question. It might be a stupid question. I've seen some people post screen shots of Gears 2, and it looks better on there HDTV than it does mine. I know there is a difference between Component, and HDMI,but it isn't that big of a difference is it? I have a Samsung 40 inch 1080p tv.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#5696 dman1869

dman1869

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Personally I wouldn't pay that. For $200 you'd get a new unit with new hardware, and can just use your old drive, versus getting a refurbed model that will probably break again, though I know a lot of people prefer going the refurb route.

Good idea about ripping it to the hard drive. Try it on another TV if you can, but yeah, sounds suspicious.

The only problem with that is that it's a Halo 360. If it was a regular system then I wouldn't mind getting a refurb. And also, the only game it seems to have trouble with is Gears of War 2. So looks like I'm stuck with it for now.

#5697 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:44 AM

Can you use a transfer kit more than once ?

card.pngl1.gif

#5698 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

Thanks for moving my post to this clusterfuck of a thread.

Yeah, and now no one will help me, they just bitch me out.

#5699 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:25 AM

I have a question. It might be a stupid question. I've seen some people post screen shots of Gears 2, and it looks better on there HDTV than it does mine. I know there is a difference between Component, and HDMI,but it isn't that big of a difference is it? I have a Samsung 40 inch 1080p tv.

What are you using to connect the 360 to the tv? VGA, Component, HDMI? What resolution do you have the 360 set to?

If you are connected via Component, does your tv accept 1080p over component? If not you need to get HDMI or VGA or set your tv to 720p.
Posted Image

#5700 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:31 AM

Will i be able to run in 1080p and/or 1080i? or just 720p?

You will be able to run at whatever your monitor's resolution is.

Now stop crying.
Posted Image