Photo
- - - - -

The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

• Please log in to reply
7706 replies to this topic

#1021 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

Does Madden come in a regular PSP case or is it a sleeve type of deal? I was thinking of getting the Madden PSP trade in madden game and purchase the god of war game. Anybody know how well do PSP games trade at BB? or would it be better at GS?

the madden game is in a apper sleeve like the psp bundles have them. i asked the manager at GS when I got it and he looked it up, $20 for madden psp. I have held of on trading it in since I sont have 4 other games, gotta find some at BBv, maybe a small flip from GS->BBV->GS, dont need any profit, just 1:1 games so I can get the bonus, + I'm gonna pick up RE4 wii with that coupon. good thing I held off getting it til now. And also getting a xbl points card at BBV.

Also the contest for syphon filter is still on, so put :imwithst:at the end of your post if your interested.

Not so many interested yet (6 I think). I'll pick out of hat on saturday I think.

Any thoughts on a contest for Beats?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1022 io

io

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

I just added the list of Wii games compiled by Bezerker and whatup5 to the second post. Then I realized they showed only the after coupon GS prices and to be consistent with the rest of the prices I had to convert back to the original GS prices. D'oh! Kind of a pain since I'm on dialup now. Anyway, please post both for any future lists and they will go into the second post faster that way ;).

I had no idea Dewey's Adventure was so cheap now at GS. I might just pick that up for the kids anyway.

#1023 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:23 AM

the madden game is in a apper sleeve like the psp bundles have them. i asked the manager at GS when I got it and he looked it up, $20 for madden psp. I have held of on trading it in since I sont have 4 other games, gotta find some at BBv, maybe a small flip from GS->BBV->GS, dont need any profit, just 1:1 games so I can get the bonus, + I'm gonna pick up RE4 wii with that coupon. good thing I held off getting it til now. And also getting a xbl points card at BBV.

Also the contest for syphon filter is still on, so put :imwithst:at the end of your post if your interested.

Not so many interested yet (6 I think). I'll pick out of hat on saturday I think.

What contest??
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1024 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:27 AM

What contest??

few pages back, I have a syphon filter code and a beats code. And since I got them in psp bundles (syphon filter gow psp got returned, oops). And I got them by flipping. I thought since I didn't want them I'd give them away here instead of the contest forum.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1025 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:09 AM

Ok guys n' gals lets be smart on this new opportunity.

More than one manager has just shared with me this is being monitored...any thoughts Warner? (of course I feigned my usual ignorance...and was trading non duplicate titles)

It might be wise to keep the info new simple and Not quote/highlight the obvious r e p e a t e d l y. And while I applaud the success of others...are the $ totals and details really necessary? I understand the "totals" are perking interest...

At the end of the day, do what you want , but I thought this info would be helpful, and I for one appreciate the collaborative effort and would like it to last....

P.S. thanks for the info! :applause: beat me to the phone tonight.

Have a great evening....

Must be something specific to your district. While I am (obviously) 100% aware of this thread and the activities, I am also not a clueless douche that likes to ban people the moment I realize they traded in two games. However, put this info in the hands of one of the aforementioned douche's and you've got instaban written all over your account.

My warning to you (and everyone else) is simple... don't be stupid. Trade 1 copy of each game to each store. Period. Don't give stores reason to suspect shit. The only exception to this rule would be my store or any other store that has a cool store manager/assistant manager that likes you and has half a brain.

That being said, it looks like there's a lot of good trade fodder this week, so it shouldn't be too hard to trade 5-6 different games to each store.

Edited by Warner1281, 15 August 2008 - 10:32 AM.

Posted Image

#1026 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:04 AM

few pages back, I have a syphon filter code and a beats code. And since I got them in psp bundles (syphon filter gow psp got returned, oops). And I got them by flipping. I thought since I didn't want them I'd give them away here instead of the contest forum.

What do I have to do(im to lazy to go look at the other pages:lol:)??
Trade List:
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1027 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

What do I have to do(im to lazy to go look at the other pages:lol:)??

just put this -------> :imwithst:

in your post, so I can see who wants in, I'll add you to the list anyways.

#1028 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

Here's my :wii: shopping list for Friday, sorted by ratio (tax not included).

Escape from Bug Island 2.37
Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Rock and Roll Adventures 1.89
Spy Game Elevator Mission 1.89
Legend of the Dragon 1.88
Space Chimps 1.85
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 1.71
Monster Jam 1.71
Chicken Little: Ace in Action 1.64
Dancing with the Stars 1.60
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
George of the Jungle 1.54
Jumper 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 1.48
Anubis 2 1.39
Madden 07 1.33
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 1.32

Edited by whymustiregister, 15 August 2008 - 10:52 PM.
Slight rounding error, Anubis 2 is 1.39 not 1.38. Rest of the list was fine though!

#1029 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

I wish you'd be more specific. By "this" do you mean THIS particular thread, flipping in general, what? When you throw something out there like that please be specific! In reading through this thread I thought you must have meant the new GS Wii promo since that is the only "this" everyone is talking about. But then, how the hell would BB people monitor that :lol:. So I figured you must mean this thread. But then again, who knows...

I have no idea what he's talking about either...Telling people to not do something but not allude to what "something" is can be confusing as hell. Jesus, makes it sound like we're in a badly written spy novel or something.

Edited by vanilla_shakin_it, 15 August 2008 - 10:34 AM.

#1030 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Space Chimps 1.85
Monster Jam 1.71
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
Jumper 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Anubis 2 1.38
Madden 07 1.33

thanks for the list. GJ!:applause:

#1031 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

I'm sure you already know, but you can get $32 if you trade Madden at a GS participating in the extra 50% TIV.

Oh, and :imwithst:
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#1032 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Anyone trade NCAA 09 recently? Just curious if there are any promos involved with it.

More flipping opportunities with Wii games....hmmm, do I want to move credit around again? I think I still have almost $100 at GS to move to Blockbuster if I choose. Hmmm, what to do ;)
:imwithst:

#1033 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Space Chimps 1.85
Monster Jam 1.71
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
Jumper 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Anubis 2 1.38
Madden 07 1.33

thanks for the list. GJ!:applause:

I second that. As simple as it was, it saves me the trouble of doing it. I was seconds away from making probably the same list and now, thankfully, I don't.

#1034 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

1. Windows Media Connect is basically WMP11 now...you can share stuff WITHOUT using Media Center.
2. Once you pull a picture up, I believe there is an option to set as a background
3. Unsure
4. Why does this matter? I think you need a TV tuner in your PC....you should know if you TV has a built in tuner....this does NOT effect Media Center.
5. Not sure if there is a copy option from Media Center...you may have to throw on a flash drive to copy directly to the 360. I never copy over, just stream.

#1035 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

I'm sure you already know, but you can get $32 if you trade Madden at a GS participating in the extra 50% TIV.

Oh, and :imwithst:

???

you mean the coupon? I tried that a week ago at 2 GSs and they wouldn't take it.

I got $50 bbv credit so I'm gonna transfer with a few games and transfer a preorder there. Plus gotta return that gow psp for $215.xx gs credit while I'm there.

#1036 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

Honestly, I find the media center options to be horrible. It takes forever for the sample pictures to load for all the videos. It's much easier to just share everything through WMP and then you can just view the titles in the selected folders on your 360.

#1037 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

Is there multiple versions of the guitar hero: aerosmith for the Wii? do the bundled ones still have upcs that will ring up? Just curious if anyone knows

#1038 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the Gameboy SP tip, I'm going to have to do that.

#1039 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

To all looking for even money flips from BB back to GS:

As long as the "trade in a system, get $20 extra" promo is on, you can flip GBA SP's from BB to GS for even. Cost at BB = $39.99. Base trade in at GS = $20 + $20 bonus credit = $40

Just happened to see one today at my local BB/GR and remembered that I used that promo a while back on my SP after I got a DS. Not great, but I have seen enough requests in here for even money that it might be worth it to some of you.

With Edge would this net you a little extra, actually?

#1040 chichi305

chichi305

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

no it doesn't because the edge card doesn't include systems

#1041 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

Anyone trade NCAA 09 recently? Just curious if there are any promos involved with it.

More flipping opportunities with Wii games....hmmm, do I want to move credit around again? I think I still have almost $100 at GS to move to Blockbuster if I choose. Hmmm, what to do ;)
:imwithst:

If you are cool with the GS employees, get the bonus trade card for Madden 09. Its the little black card that lets you get $40 for NCAA 09 (:ps3: :360: gets $40, :wii: gets $30, :ps2: :psp: are excluded) if you put it towards Madden 09. Then either keep or return the Madden 09 for something else. Offer expires 8/17/08.

#1042 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

just put this -------> :imwithst:

in your post, so I can see who wants in, I'll add you to the list anyways.

Cool, thanks. Your just going to pick a random person??
Trade List:
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1043 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

[quote name='io']Correction - that is a possible flip from GAMERUSH to GS. Don't say BB - you know how that irks me ;). I ain't never seen a GBA SP for sale at no BB.
quote]

You are just jealous because almost every BB around here IS a GameRush! :D

Thanks for updating the front page, going to be a fun week for buying nintendo stuff!

#1044 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

You are just jealous because almost every BB around here IS a GameRush! :D

I certainly am. Having just one Gamerush near me would make flipping infinitely easier. As it stands, there aren't any in my state (or even neighboring states from what I can see).
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#1045 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Space Chimps 1.85
Monster Jam 1.71
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
Jumper 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Anubis 2 1.38
Madden 07 1.33

thanks for the list. Spent the morning over a cup of coffee and Gamestop.com searching the store locator for copies. A lot of these are going to be tough finds, but should be able to get enough to make the trip worthwhile.
Now to decide if I want to deal with taking the kids to the mall. In between the two gamestops in the mall is a Disney Store and a Build a bear.
Not BB related, but if going to get games to flip...wii sports, Pikmin 2, SW Jedi Knight II Outcast and Metal Gear Twin Snakes are all decent flips to ebay for cash.

Edited by stone1061, 15 August 2008 - 06:43 PM.
more info

#1046 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

Anyone know if there are any good ds games to flip? I would assume no but that would be nice to flip some of those as well.

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#1047 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

A couple more trade ins

Dirt 360 - $19
MLB the show 08 - $36

#1048 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

I don't have time until later today, but people might want to check these out as potential flips using the new GS coupon:

Wii- prices before discounts
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure-17.99
Emergency Heroes-17.99

They're all the biggest Wii drops, although I'm not sure when they happened. I'll give BBV a call sometime during my break, but if one of you guys wants to check on the tradein values, that'd be pretty nice.

Edited by GuardianE, 15 August 2008 - 07:33 PM.

My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#1049 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:10 PM

Anyone know if there are any good ds games to flip? I would assume no but that would be nice to flip some of those as well.

Maybe you should check some DS trade in prices first, for the most part you would need to be buying games for under $5 to be worthwhile. The only time I've really heard much about a DS flip was from people buying SNK Cardceptors DS for $2 at Sears and trading it in for $9
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1050 TMNT770

TMNT770

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

Today's Trade In:
Shivering Isles Expansion Pack PS3 - 16
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 13 PS3
Condemned 2 - 9 - PS3
Virtua Fighter 5 - PS3 - 9
Ratchet & Clank - 23 - PS3