[futureshop]MGS4/DS3 80GB bundle $499

snowsquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not a deal, but I have a few friends waiting for this deal, so I figured that it is significant that it is now available (to p/o). There was 100 left at time of post, but I don't think this bundle is quantity limited like the gun metal one.
~S

499 is the regular price for a 80gb if i remember, gonna have to see if i can get enough credit at EB in the time being, over 200$ after haze promotion so almost half way there.

Will the 80gb in stock now go on a clearance price? that'd be nice

Anyone know when the Gun Metal edition will be available for pre-order?

edit: Never mind, I found it. May 19th for all who is interested.

I'm waiting on the MGS4 bundle as well. Missed out on this but I think i'll be able to just walk in and grab a unit on June 12. Don't think pre-orders are necessary this late in the cycle.

Hopefully its a midnight launch.

[quote name='Usuyami']Anyone know when the Gun Metal edition will be available for pre-order?

edit: Never mind, I found it. May 19th for all who is interested.[/quote]

Not for Canada. Our date hasn't been given yet. It's a complete ripoff imo =/ 40 GB unit for $600. Ugh. I might get the 80 GB MGS4 bundle soon.

I wish I could still find a 60 GB that still had the proper Emotion Engine in it, but if anything, I'll be trying to find an 80 GB one so I'll be able to put away my PS2 so this deal is looking really tempting.

if I bite for the ps3 it'll probably on the 80gb msg4 bundle. the matte colour is sweet but at 200$ more than the regular 40gb? lol way to stick it to fanboys.

For those still waiting to pre-order the 40 GB Gunmetal bundle:

[quote name='brand']Hi - This is Brandon from Konami, an admin can verify :)

Been following the thread here about the LE MGS4 PS3 bundle at Konami.com, saw some confusion, and just got approval to clear some stuff up...

First, there seems to be some speculation as to how limited this limited edition MGS4/PS3 bundle is. I can't divulge exact stock numbers, but I can verify that quantities are in the four digits, which means less than 10k (its actually a bit less than that, even). Once that's gone, its gone. Seriously, we don't have any more than that.

Second, some seem to think that the Gun Metal Gray is just a "paint job", which it is not. It is a different material, which has more of a "matte" finish and feel as opposed to the standard "glossy" one.

Also, the bundle comes with a DualShock3 controller which also is Gun Metal Gray like the console, as opposed to the standard controller, and is of course limited like the bundle is.

The bundle does indeed come with the limited edition version of the MGS4 game (which has the extra disc of documentaries, the soundtrack, etc), which is only otherwise available exclusively through GameStop, and if you have not pre-ordered it yet, you will probably have a tough time getting one of these (except through this bundle), as it is truly limited as well.

We also know some were confused as to how the stock was available and then sold out on a daily basis. The reason for this was to "pace" the availability for a number of reasons, which seems to be good for those who might not have been able at that exact moment the stock was available on the first day, so more people get a chance to order one. We have been able to increase the daily availability now as well, which should help those trying to get one.

Last, yes, that first day we got an enormous traffic hit that took the servers down. Since, a lot more server power and bandwidth has been applied, and there shouldn't be any more issues there. Also, yes, that first day there was an operational error that caused for a $500 refundable insurance charge on top of the regular price + tax, which has since been resolved. We would like to offer a sincere apology to those who were inconvenienced, and if you are having any problems please let us know!

To our Canadian customers: stock is not yet available, but we are expecting it to go live in the next couple of days, there are just some additional operational steps we have to take for your orders. Part of the operational steps we're working on are the fastest possible shipping methods of this item to you, as we fully understand you want this as soon as your USA counterparts. Due to our method of releasing stock in limited quantities, you will have an opportunity to order. We thank you for your patience on this!

If you have any other questions, please let me know, and I will do my best to get them answered!

Also, I would like to once again thank all the NeoGaf clan members we fought in MGO a couple of weeks ago (and everyone who tried to enter), we had a ton of fun, and we plan on doing a lot more fun stuff like that when the game is released, so I hope to see you again on the battlefield :)

Many, many thanks! - Brandon[/quote]
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11373191&postcount=618

bread's done
Back