Photo
- - - - -

EB Games-GameDays Promo 2008 RETURNS MAY 23!FLYER NOW UP!!!!LINK!!!!

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#31 Corizzle

Corizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Was planning a trip to Kingston Thursday for the sake of doing something on my first week off, will postpone to Friday :D

#32 Ranzo

Ranzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

Along with not taking in PC trades anymore i would "assume" some kind of deal on used pc games for start. I would also think about the trade deals on systems as they always come back around this time.

#33 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

Along with not taking in PC trades anymore i would "assume" some kind of deal on used pc games for start. I would also think about the trade deals on systems as they always come back around this time.

Would you "guess" that the MGS4 PS3 bundle would be included or do you think it's "likely" that it's just the old units?

#34 TheClair

TheClair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

What? No PC game trades anymore? That sucks.

#35 Corizzle

Corizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

So what was the last GameDays like, was there a thread for it so we might have an idea of what it was like? (I searched GameDays and nothing came up)

#36 JnJosh

JnJosh

Baby come back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

i saw a banner at the EB games in Owen Sound that said something along the lines of game sales or game deals "May 22nd to June 22nd" so maybe its a game otw/otd sale.

will have to see if my friends at eb can assist me in the direction of to what could be sale items :)

#37 Pale-Dim

Pale-Dim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

Would you "guess" that the MGS4 PS3 bundle would be included or do you think it's "likely" that it's just the old units?

most likely it will only be whatever sku's are available for these kinda promotions. Which leaves only the 40gig sku since the 80gig is discontinued. The new 40gig sku kinda sucks since there is no movie/game in it anymore.

also with regards to the no trades values for pc games. you can only expect the used pc to be dumped off to make room for something else.

I also noticed a lot of UMD's are comming up with no trade in values :/ which means we wont see many UMD's comming in. I liked that i could get UMD's for cheap at ebgames.

#38 Bamm

Bamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

Such a place exists? :roll:

I'm not sure if there's even anyone here in St. John's who actually uses CAG or RFD more than the scattered occasion. Deals that are usually ruined by hoarders elsewhere have still been offered days after I've seen them declared mostly dead on this board.

Hell, some local messageboards are full of people trying to swap games and similar stuff, but nobody ever joins gametz or tradegamesnow even when the sites do happen to be brought up.

Small miracles :P

#39 Corizzle

Corizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

Oh god, it's on RFD

EBGames will have a HUGE sale starting friday (May 23). A lot 10$/20$ games (all consoles), a white PS2 with singstar and 2 mics for 100$, PSP star wars battlefront pack for 169,99$.

Army of Two 49,99$
The Club 39.99$
Condemned 2 39.99$
Naruto Path of the Ninja (360) 19.99$
Rainbow six vegas PSP 9,99$
Monster Hunter Freedom PSP 14,99$
22$ TIV for God of War Chains of Olympus (on sale RIGHT NOW at FS for 20$, buy it play it and then return it at EB for 22$)
40$ TIV for Rainbow Six Vegas 2
2 games for 20$ and many many more (6 pages flyer).

Credit goes to Grimcurse on RFD. Like the info but hate it's now on RFD

#40 CaptainCharismaCCC

CaptainCharismaCCC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

Also EBGames will have a HUGE sale starting friday (May 23). A lot 10$/20$ games (all consoles), a white PS2 with singstar and 2 mics for 100$, PSP star wars battlefront pack for 169,99$.

Army of Two 49,99$
The Club 39.99$
Condemned 2 39.99$
22$ TIV for God of War Chains of Olympus (on sale RIGHT NOW at FS for 20$, buy it play it and then return it at EB for 22$)

straight posted from RFD.
your best bet is to go to eb friday morning.

#41 elbkhm

elbkhm

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

I'm not sure if there's even anyone here in St. John's who actually uses CAG or RFD more than the scattered occasion. Deals that are usually ruined by hoarders elsewhere have still been offered days after I've seen them declared mostly dead on this board.

Well, there's at least one :D I wouldn't call myself a hoarder though.

#42 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

Also EBGames will have a HUGE sale starting friday (May 23). A lot 10$/20$ games (all consoles), a white PS2 with singstar and 2 mics for 100$, PSP star wars battlefront pack for 169,99$.

Army of Two 49,99$
The Club 39.99$
Condemned 2 39.99$

straight posted from RFD.
your best bet is to go to eb friday morning.

Interested in seeing the flyers, most of the stuff mentioned although good, doesn't interest me.
The Singstar bundle is decent for $100, so is the PSP bundle, R6V PSP was $10 on boxing day.

Anyone have Monster Hunter Freedom PSP? Any good, or are the controls crappy (think I heard that somewhere)?

Posted Image

#43 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

Blah, nothing too interesting. I got $22 for GoW on May 7th, anyway.
If it was MHF2, I would definitely be all over that.

#44 JnJosh

JnJosh

Baby come back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

i was in tonight doin some trades and also just askin about the game days. Found out that trade 3 for anything is on until thursday at my store, schwing! and picked up my copies of haze!

Anyways, was just told to come check it out friday, they had 3 or 4 pages of stuff they had to get ready to "red sticker" (aka clear out prices) and it will be goin on for about a month. He just noted that if i recalled the sales a little while ago's sales (blu rays cheap, etc, you know) it will be somewhat like that, spread out.

also just a question, i have a bunch of games i want to trade in, should i wait until friday for the ones i know will be over 8$ still or just do it now, as in wait for a promo as they usually come out of left field. Ranzo some sort of guidance? :D

#45 Ranzo

Ranzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

it is noted that all copies should be on the floor, meaning they will be opened and cds taken out. Most of RFD hoarders will not buy that product as it is not easy to resell and trade in is low.

#46 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

it is noted that all copies should be on the floor, meaning they will be opened and cds taken out. Most of RFD hoarders will not buy that product as it is not easy to resell and trade in is low.

I hope so. I've followed a couple of those BBV pricedrop/EB sale threads, and it seems like hoarders are more like just-buy-first minded. A lot of them realized later that they can't make much profit after all.

#47 JnJosh

JnJosh

Baby come back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

well thats good to hear, but this doesn't stop them from "pricematching lulz FS U SUCK" because technically they are new, but gutted.

Also, i was one of the (maybe) many who bought games while they were priced low, i.e. Stuntman for 4.xx used, Donkey Kong for 9.89 new and played them like a rental and traded them back for the trade 3.

Hope its not frowned upon, anyone who actually liked stuntman should check out the first and donkey kong barrel blast was just annoying, especially when compared to mario kart.

thanks for the heads up

#48 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

I'm trying not to buy anymore games for a while. I haven't even touched the Orange Box since I bought it a few weeks ago.

#49 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:46 AM

Its at times like this when i really wished that i worked for EB....

I drop hundreds when they have sells like this.....this one is going to be crazy, as a psp and ps2 wll run $300.. and theres also games i want....

oh well, by thursday im sure there will be a list of titles on sale...
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#50 Ranzo

Ranzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:49 AM

why not grab an elite while your at it.

#51 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:51 AM

Ranzo, does the manager or the dm make the hiring decisions...i once saw the dm send a newbie to wash the window outside the store.....her first task as she was led out and told that she was hired.

My store just got a new manager.....

#52 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:52 AM

why not grab an elite while your at it.

i actually might.....dont really like xbox thou.....never had anything other than nintendo consoles....psp is gonna be my first...what the price like, is there a trade deal?

#53 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:07 AM

360's great! I hated the original Xbox, but the 360 has a lot more variety =)
Tales of Vesperia is my most anticipated game at the moment.

#54 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:15 AM

360's great! I hated the original Xbox, but the 360 has a lot more variety =)
Tales of Vesperia is my most anticipated game at the moment.

how much did u pay? what version do u have?

#55 Caro

Caro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:21 AM

lame deals, I thought condemned 2 was going to be 29.99$

#56 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:27 AM

how much did u pay? what version do u have?

I have the 20 GB unit, but I got it from the Pepsi Contest. Which I'm very happy about, I dunno if I'd have bought it for cash, but looking at the times with it, it would have been worth it either way.

#57 Ranzo

Ranzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:28 AM

thats a small list of the games and i see some incorrect prices.

#58 arnoldrimmer

arnoldrimmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:04 AM

I agree that the deals listed aren't exciting but those are only a few of the ones that are going to be on sale. I can't wait!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 EggViper

EggViper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:09 AM

Hoping there'll b some ps3 game deals. Wanna start my library asap for when the MGS bundle hits.

Do they usually post their flyers on the ebgames.ca website? Nothing but promos there for now.

#60 gotrice415510

gotrice415510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:22 AM

I have the 20 GB unit, but I got it from the Pepsi Contest. Which I'm very happy about, I dunno if I'd have bought it for cash, but looking at the times with it, it would have been worth it either way.

lucky
help me out with this, i only need one more referral that will complete an offer >>>http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=249445