Halo 2 Tournament: Brackets Up/ Round One Ready

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!
Hey, I'm perfecting a tournament system in my head right now, but before I try it, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in even participating in a Halo 2 tournament. Just post yes or no and if there's enough feedback, I'll edit the thread and post how I think the set up should be.

UPDATE: Post saying you want in and I'll add you to the list.

UPDATE / 12-13-04: Here's the updated list:

spyhunterk19
Pylis
Skylander7
jlarlee
Arikado
xenoman80
zewone
O.D.D
Ugamer_X
murcielago77
Rig
XboxMaster
JimmieMac
Cracka
unctennis
ChrisXe
NokiaNickNJ
TJordan522
Tracker
Aguth
help1
Renzokuken
biscuit
radjago
Johnny Postman
-Never4ever-
shrike4242
Ledhed

OK, I'm still perfecting this system and thinking about voting days so that y'all can have input, but here's what I was thinking. Like stated before, the tournament will be consisted of 1 on 1 matches (that part is solid). I was thinking about a double elimination system. If you lost once, you'd be entered on to the "Losers" bracket, where you'll play others that have lost one match, but once you lose your second match, you're totally out. The winner of the "Losers" bracket will still have a chance to win the tournament if they come out on top of the "Losers" bracket because at that point, they are enabled to play the "Winners" bracket winner ( :lol: ). But of course, if you're still on the "Winners" bracket, that means you haven't lost, so the winner of the "Losers" bracket will have to beat the top "Winners" bracket person twice to knock them out, while vice versa, only once. Now for maps, which is still very controversial to me. I was thinking either we select a few small maps like Ascension, Lockout, and Midship that we play on. Or, the two ppl that play each other decide on their own map as long as they've both agreed. What do y'all think? I'm not sure if I left anything out or if it's not clear--if not, then I'm sorry, post here or PM me to notify me. Ah, hell, I'm just gonna go ahead and make a poll to see what y'all want. Also, I'm in 8th grade and have somewhat of a social life so you might need to wait on me for a couple hours to reply to your PM's/posts. Oh, yeah, one important thing. As of right now, there is no more deadline and I'm thinking of pushing back the dates of playing till after Christmas because of everyone leaving for Christmas vacation. More on that tommorow.

UPDATE / 12-15-04: Here's the updated list:

spyhunterk19
Pylis
Skylander7
jlarlee
Arikado
xenoman80
zewone
O.D.D
Ugamer_X
murcielago77
Rig
XboxMaster
JimmieMac
Cracka
unctennis
ChrisXe
NokiaNickNJ
TJordan522
Tracker
Aguth
help1
Renzokuken
biscuit
radjago
Johnny Postman
-Never4ever-
shrike4242
Ledhed
Duo_Maxwell
ZeroSupporT
CheapyD
twanky

OK, taking from the poll, there will be a set choice of maps. I was thinking Midship and Lockout, possibly Ascension. I've ditched the double elimination and gone with a single elimination system now that we have 32 players exactly, meaning I will be taking no more entries. I'm still iffy on banning of the swords/rocket launchers, so I'll have a poll on that. I'll try to set up the brackets today and if you can't play till after Christmas because of vacation, that's fine.

UPDATE / 01-23-05: Here's the brackets:

Halo2bracketnew1.gif

UPDATE / 12-22-04: The official deadline for the first round of matches if January 8th. That'll give you a week and a day after New Year's to get your match over with.

OK, here's the plan. I was thinking about making it a 1 on 1 tournament. I could set up a deadline for entries and then we could set up the ladders. Sound good?

OK, the deadline for entries will be the 14th (Tuesday) at 7:00 PM. Just post saying you want in and I'll put you on the list.

OK, here's what I have so far:

spyhunterk19
Pylis
Skylander7
jlarlee
Arikado
xenoman80
zewone
O.D.D
Ugamer_X
murcielago
Rig
XboxMaster

If anyone needs to be taken off, PM me. I will continue adding people as more entries are posted.

I'm probably in, I get XBL for Christmas, but I'll probably be over my friends house next Saturday playing Halo 2 online.

Here's my updated list:

spyhunterk19
Pylis
Skylander7
jlarlee
Arikado
xenoman80
zewone
O.D.D
Ugamer_X
murcielago
Rig
XboxMaster
JimmieMac
Cracka
unctennis
ChrisXe
NokiaNickNJ
TJordan522
Tracker
Aguth
help1
Renzokuken
biscuit

I'm in for it.

I'd suggest putting the updated lists in the first post.

Also, I'd like to see a rule set and map list.

[quote name='zewone']Is there going to be certain rules for the game? As in certain maps or no swords/rockets or anything?[/quote]

I wasn't talking to myself. :x :)

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Ledhed']How do threads like this get by me?

IN'D[/quote]

We were tryin' to keep it from you.[/quote]

I suppose that means that I'm pretty good, or pretty irritating. :lol:

"Neither would've surprised me." - Jack

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Ledhed']How do threads like this get by me?

IN'D[/quote]

We were tryin' to keep it from you.[/quote]

I suppose that means that I'm pretty good, or pretty irritating. :lol:

"Neither would've surprised me." - Jack[/quote]

I vote for the latter, having never played against you. :D I'm sure the former applies as well, and if there's holes in my head, that would prove it. :lol:

Are you open to suggestions? How about we do a bracket style tournament? All you need to have are 32 players and you should be able to do a single elimination type of tournament. I made a picture as an example of what I'm talking about. You would have 2 divisions with the second one being just liked the one pictured below except it would be reversed. The maps I put in the pic are just used for an example, those could be changed. I figure you could randomly place 32 people into each slot and the tourney could go from there. This way everyone would play the same maps for the same round and everything would be fairly balanced. Tell me what you think. (sorry for the shoddy pic, it didn't turn out the way I expected)

tourney.jpg

I vote for single elimination and a set map for each round and no swords/rockets. But thats just me. I would love to hear some of your opinions.

[quote name='zewone']I vote for single elimination and a set map for each round and no swords/rockets. But thats just me. I would love to hear some of your opinions.[/quote]

Sorry, but I'm gonna make the double elimination permanent. It's a lot better so that the tournament won't be so quick. Also, I'm not so sure about banning rockets/swords. I mean, both aren't impossible to withstand, although very hard, they're still part of the game. I'll allow the current poll to go on till tommorow and then we'll choose the set maps if we need to.

bread's done
Back