Trade-In Value Database???

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Are there any sites out there that list the day-to-day trade-in values for old games at places like EB or GameStop? I realize this would be a large undertaking but I think that it would be extremely useful. I want to go get MGS:TS and I have a few old games to trade in but I would like to know how much I could actully get in store credit... Maybe Cheapy D could set something like this up similar to the CAG-o-matic... :D

I wouldn't mind the low, low trade-in values if used games didn't cost freaking $44.99 until the game goes greatest hits or whatever. Either give people more money or sell used games for less.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']I wouldn't mind the low, low trade-in values if used games didn't cost freaking $44.99 until the game goes greatest hits or whatever. Either give people more money or sell used games for less.[/quote]

Yeah, I hardly think a $5 discount is worth getting a copy of a game that was no doubt farted upon many a times before it was traded in.

If the new title is $50, the store should only charge half of that or even as high as $30.

Tradestop.com does not show Gamestop trade in values. They only honor that price through the Tradestop site. If you go to a Gamestop, the trade in price may be different.

[quote name='Jack']Tradestop.com does not show Gamestop trade in values. They only honor that price through the Tradestop site. If you go to a Gamestop, the trade in price may be different.[/quote]

Yeah, Gamestop gives a lot more than tradestop.

Maybe on some things, but my experience was the opposite. I wanted to sell some stuff which was $6 to $8 on Tradestop.com. I went to my local Gamestop and they would only give me $2 each item.

One thing's for sure: both Gamestop and Tradestop suck ass in terms of trade in value. You're better off selling your stuff on eBay or at least to Gamecrazy, which has better trade in prices in my experience.

On the $44.99 used games, I just don't get people that buy those. I'd rather pay the extra $5 and get it new (although I personally wouldn't be paying $50 anyway :wink:). If you're going to settle for less, at least you should get a reasonable discount for it.

About $45 used games, EB and Gamestop have those member cards which gives you an extra 10% off, which would lower the price to $40. Saving $10 isn't bad.

who actually sells games back like this? i traded in one game to a funcoland once, and only got like $2 back for it, and vowed never to do it again.

Note about tradestop, thats the MONEY value that Gamestop will give you in-store. And that even flucuates depending on the location.

Rule of thumb for Tradestop though- Add 10-20% of the value for in store.

bread's done
Back