CAGcast #119: Go Dick!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 orko60

orko60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure he's eaten his share of pubes and spit.

Outside and inside restaurants, regardless of tipping, I don't doubt.

When I was a cook, we used to drop shit all the time and still serve it. If I knew he was eating, I would dip my ripe balls in the soup, and fill his glass with a delicious concoction of various bodily fluids.
Posted Image

#92 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

My wife moved to the US from Japan when she was 13, and she's half-black, and half-Japanese. Her family moved here because of the the prejudice they had to deal with. So you're right about that.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#93 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:15 AM

Major Nelson asked Gabe and Tyco about the $20 price tag on last week's Blogcast. I can't remember which one responded, but he said, "Well Bejeweled is $20."

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1109938020399

http://www.popcap.com/games/bejeweled2

I listened to that interview, and I'd completely forgotten about that "justification."

:( Pretty lame.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#94 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

the PA game is great even for non fans. i don't read the PA cartoons or commentaries and still fine the game hilarious. I put down my $20. i do hope thought the future episodes are cheaper, although if this one sells well i have my doubts.

#95 calvin449

calvin449

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:16 AM

Posted Image

#96 Blaine

Blaine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Wombat is 100% right on the tipping point. This just happened to me last week. There's a small italian restaurant near my house. My fiance and I went there two weeks ago and liked the food so much we went again the following week.

The first time we ate there I was very happy so I left a largish tip (almost 30%).

The second time we went there, we walked in, the host said "Hello" to us and then started to wander around to the other groups who were there before us.

About 10 minutes in, we started to get irritated that he didn't take our name and put us on the list.

I walked up to say something, I looked at the list and it already said "Blaine - 2".

I told my fiance, she didn't believe me, and then the host came over with our menus and walked us to our seats.

So not only did the waiter remember us but the host remembered as well.

Needless to say the service was excellent.

And if you really think about it, Cheapy is right that 15% tip is pretty much food tax at this point in time, so the only way to really get a response is to tip over the tip.

So I agree with Wombat (tipping can make you a prefered customer) and I agree with Cheapy (waiters should just get a living wage so that tips are only for exemplary service).

#97 ELpork

ELpork

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

Dear Cheapy and wombat. I love the show but is there a need for so many awkward moments.
I Work at gamestop, So I have a excuse to suck :bouncy:

#98 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

Dear Cheapy and wombat. I love the show but is there a need for so many awkward moments.

I didn't hear any awkwardness... it's only awkward if you make it awkward!

This is the first CAGcast I've listened to, and I gotta say it's 10 times better than the rest of the tripe that video game sites call their podcasts.

#99 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

First time listening? ;)
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3041#comments"][/URL]

#100 ALLoGISTIC1

ALLoGISTIC1

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

Wombat, Have you heard about haze? I have it. have you seen the reviews its been getting? umm, I have it. apparently its a mess. yeah, I have it. so, on to the next segment, wombat?...

It's unusual for wombat to not voice his opionion, so what happened here! Was there something you wanted to add regarding haze, wombat? since cheapy apparently wasnt interested in whether you have it or not.
Thou shalt not partake of Decaf :pray:

#101 junkbomb

junkbomb

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

MGO beta, of all things, already had community website that you can access in the game.

#102 Yipwoop

Yipwoop

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

Cheapy and Wombat have questioned why the PS3 can't just emulate the 360 in its online system. I have a feeling it might have something to do with patents. If Microsoft patented their online interface (and I have no doubt they did), then Sony cannot just blatantly use the same type of online system unfortunately.

#103 orko60

orko60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:57 PM

Cheapy and Wombat have questioned why the PS3 can't just emulate the 360 in its online system. I have a feeling it might have something to do with patents. If Microsoft patented their online interface (and I have no doubt they did), then Sony cannot just blatantly use the same type of online system unfortunately.

It seems to be their plan, though, to copy it directly; they're just taking forever to do it. Don't think it's a patent issue.
Posted Image