playing music on PS3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 steve_k

steve_k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

The original Xbox had a built-in hard drive that could store music, and some games were programmed to pick up this music during gameplay. You could store quite a few CDs on your Xbox hard drive and play your music while playing games such as Forza Motorsport, Grand Theft Auto, or the Burnout games.

Are any Playstation 3 games designed to pick up the music stored on a PS3 hard drive? Can I listen to my own music while playing certain PS3 games? I don't see why not since the system has a built-in hard drive.

#2 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

The original Xbox had a built-in hard drive that could store music, and some games were programmed to pick up this music during gameplay. You could store quite a few CDs on your Xbox hard drive and play your music while playing games such as Forza Motorsport, Grand Theft Auto, or the Burnout games.

Are any Playstation 3 games designed to pick up the music stored on a PS3 hard drive? Can I listen to my own music while playing certain PS3 games? I don't see why not since the system has a built-in hard drive.

No you cant do that yet. I never really used it on 360 to be honest. I don't see it as a big deal,but a few people do.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#3 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

Some PS3 games do have this feature. The Bowling game has it for sure, and i believe a few others.

#4 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

Some PS3 games do have this feature. The Bowling game has it for sure, and i believe a few others.

didn't know that.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#5 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

High Velocity Bowling, MLB 08, and Super Stardust HD have it. Wipeout HD and Burnout Paradise will have it. It's on a game-by-game basis right now to support it.

#6 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:54 PM

id love to have it for Burnout
Posted Image

#7 gindias

gindias

Cubs Still Suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

Thats an understatement, the sony forums are filled with topics on this. It was rumored to be put into a FW update but that has never happened. Like others have said only a handfull of games have it right now and Sony may very well leave it up to developers to put it into the games instead of it being a system feature.

No you cant do that yet. I never really used it on 360 to be honest. I don't see it as a big deal,but a few people do.