[Canada] some Zellers DS finds, YMMV

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ikariwarriors

ikariwarriors

Zang Zip, the War Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

hey crew, was just at Zellers tonight (Pembina South in Winnipeg), and found a couple gems in their bargain bin amid the usual DS junk:

Custom Robo Arena was $13.99 (marked down from 34.99), and
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time was $17.99 (marked down from 44.99)

YMMV, as usual

#2 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for the tip. Mario & Luigi is great, although not quite as good as the first one. Still worth a playthrough.

Is Custom Robo worth it? Never tried a CR game before.

Also, semi off-topic, but has anyone ever seen the game Nervous Brickdown for sale anywhere lately? I've looked inside the bins for it at every store I happen to pass by for at least half a year now, but to no avail.

#3 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:04 AM

hey crew, was just at Zellers tonight (Pembina South in Winnipeg), and found a couple gems in their bargain bin amid the usual DS junk:

Custom Robo Arena was $13.99 (marked down from 34.99), and
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time was $17.99 (marked down from 44.99)

YMMV, as usual

Good stuff, I'll have to head over tomorrow and see if they're slashing prices here (Dundas West Zellers, Toronto).

Also, hi Grip. Can't help you with your game question, just dropping the hello. ^_^

#4 SickBoy

SickBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:22 AM

Re: Custom Robo... most people who have it seem to like it... I tried it, though, and I thought it was really disappointing. Seems like it's got some decent depth, though.

#5 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:34 AM

Zellers has some great games for cheap, especially on the DS. I got Advance Wars: Dual Strike for 17.99$ there a few weeks ago.

#6 sposhead

sposhead

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the tip. Mario & Luigi is great, although not quite as good as the first one. Still worth a playthrough.

Is Custom Robo worth it? Never tried a CR game before.

Also, semi off-topic, but has anyone ever seen the game Nervous Brickdown for sale anywhere lately? I've looked inside the bins for it at every store I happen to pass by for at least half a year now, but to no avail.

Nervous Brickdown was 9.99 at the whacky Amazon sale a few days ago, not sure about now though.

#7 elevature

elevature

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

I've wanted Mario & Luigi since I got my DS a year and a half ago, but even used it was $45. If my Zellers has it for 17.99 I will be so happy.
Posted Image

#8 Teddite

Teddite

Name's Ash. Housewares.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

I've wanted Mario & Luigi since I got my DS a year and a half ago, but even used it was $45. If my Zellers has it for 17.99 I will be so happy.

Same here. The cheapest I've ever seen it was $40, and I've wanted it for a long while now. If I find it at this price I'll also certainly be picking one up.

#9 eday_2010

eday_2010

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

If someone finds two copies, they can grab one for me and I will be happy to buy it from them in the blink of an eye!