Any news if Shadow of the Colossus is comin' to PS3

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

I was wondering if there were any news on a Shadow of Colossus 2 coming to PS3. I absolutely loved the one on PS2, it was such an awesome game. With the PS3's computing power and great visuals (1080p Colossus' or Colossi?). Anywhoo any news on it?
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#2 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:44 AM

Don't hold your breath but there's been word of that team working on something for the longest time.

#3 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:21 PM

Team ICO is working on something we just don't know yet.

#4 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

Team ICO has a PS3 project. It could be ICO 2, could be SotC 2, or could be something else. Heck, their new game could be similar to Wii Fit.

It took 4 years to go from ICO to SotC. We may not see Team ICO's game until 2009.
Posted Image

#5 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:27 AM

I forget where I read this, so take it with a grain of salt (although I'm sure I've actually read it on one of the PS3 sites).

Team ICO is working on a title called The Last Canyon. It has you, the player exploring a vast landscape full of canyons using a hang glider. The game is an open world, you can glide almost anywhere, land, explore caves, etc... He's supposed to be looking for something, and others are looking for it to. I think we can guess that it'll be set in the same universe as ICO and SotC, but with only loose ties with prior games.

#6 Mr Durand Pierre

Mr Durand Pierre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:49 AM

Team Ico put up a hiring ad a few months back looking for I believe art designers. There was one image of concept art put up showing a chain going through a whole in a wall with an eerie shadow lurking over it. Given that they were still hiring in that time I would not expect their game anytime before summer of 09 and probably not for awhile after that.
"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank."
-Woody Allen

#7 Undrallio

Undrallio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

Maaan....if they came out with a SoC 2, I'd be hella surprised.

I think we'll just end up seeing something just as beautiful and amazing, but for the most part, unrelated to SoC.
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=219958"][/URL]

#8 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

I forget where I read this, so take it with a grain of salt (although I'm sure I've actually read it on one of the PS3 sites).

Team ICO is working on a title called The Last Canyon. It has you, the player exploring a vast landscape full of canyons using a hang glider. The game is an open world, you can glide almost anywhere, land, explore caves, etc... He's supposed to be looking for something, and others are looking for it to. I think we can guess that it'll be set in the same universe as ICO and SotC, but with only loose ties with prior games.

I remember that..
Posted Image

#9 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

why do these games take so long! I'm ready just to get a game that explains the ICO, and Sotc universe To me, ICO and Sotc were just a glimpse into their worlds. Oh well. one day..
Posted Image

#10 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

why do these games take so long! I'm ready just to get a game that explains the ICO, and Sotc universe To me, ICO and Sotc were just a glimpse into their worlds. Oh well. one day..

I could be wrong, but I believe their small staffed too. If anything, I believe they develop a game, take some time off, then plan out their next game. Once planning is done, start developing. Many developers plan other projects while finishing up another.
Posted Image

#11 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Team Ico is supposedly working on two games, and they had some advertisements for new staff. So by now they've problaby increase the number of their team.
Posted Image

#12 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

That was all fake information.

#13 Dark Slayer120

Dark Slayer120

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

Fuck man why they are doing this, why not re-do SOTC for that triple and smooth out the frame rate? SOTC is one of my top 10 favorite games ever, and just imagine if they remade it for the PS3. :drools:
Posted Image

#14 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

Seeing as how
Spoiler
I can't imagine them doing SOTC 2.

Honestly, I hope it's a new project. They seem to be able to come up with something creative and interesting every time they make a new game.

#15 nyprimus4

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Posted Image

All we know at this point.