He could be asking so he knows which ones to not bother wasting his time at. :D

Hahah true :D
Posted Image

#3482 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

Which stores in Richmond were those that you checked?

SI

Checked...He did more than just check at those stores:rofl:
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#3483 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

What it comes down to is if you want to hoard go right ahead you have the right. However, though the community is slowly straying away from helping one another you should keep your hoarding stories to yourself. This alone is why I don't feel bad for hiding games. Sure the main reason is to get them cheaper, but it is also to get them period.

There are so many logical flaws in this argument. What it all boils down to is that CAG is the embodiment of pure capitalism. You hiding games circumvents the established system for the purpose of obtaining goods at a lower cost outside of their normal demand (i.e. if you left them on the shelf they would have sold for a higher cost).

A "hoarder/flipper/reseller" circumvents the system (though not in the same way you do) by taking advatange of decreased demand (and therefore lower cost) in one market and shifting those goods to a market with increased demand (...higher cost).

As a "community", CAG has always embraced these approaches, as well as many others. Getting something as cheap as possible is not an effort of good will; it is an application of sly economics. Because this occassionally equates to greed (which carries negative connotations), individuals like you speak out angrily against those who are intelligently using the information they've been given to their advantage.

Another approach is to "share the wealth", and while this creates warm fuzzy feelings and a strong sense of community, the fact is that it is ridiculous to have something like CAG and expect the entire userbase to conform to your ideals.

On topic:
:wii: WWE/Smackdown 2008 was removed from system without going to 90%. I tried to get it for $5 (last stickered price was $7.48) but two attempts and no one would give it to me for less than sticker price.
:wii: Simpsons and Battle of the Bands both holding at $14.98
:ps2:American Idol at 75% off at $9.98

#3484 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

He could be asking so he knows which ones to not bother wasting his time at. :D

I was trying to be a smidge more subtle, but, yeah- that was the idea since I live in Richmond now. Where should I just not waste time any more?

SI

#3485 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

As a "community", CAG has always embraced these approaches, as well as many others. Getting something as cheap as possible is not an effort of good will; it is an application of sly economics. Because this occassionally equates to greed (which carries negative connotations), individuals like you speak out angrily against those who are intelligently using the information they've been given to their advantage.

Wait a minute, when did you get to this party?

Jul 2008? Oh, my apologies.

#3486 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

All this talk of hoarding and flipping is cluttering up this thread. Knock it off.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#3487 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:08 PM

Not to divert the discussion, but does anyone know what happens when a game is found a few weeks or months after it has been clearanced fully? I found a copy of Heavenly Sword the other day while looking at software. I tried price checking it but nothing came up.
Posted Image

#3488 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

Not to divert the discussion, but does anyone know what happens when a game is found a few weeks or months after it has been clearanced fully? I found a copy of Heavenly Sword the other day while looking at software. I tried price checking it but nothing came up.

I've had some Target stores tell me they can't even sell it to me, but most will sell it for the last price it was in the system.

#3489 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:10 PM

The last time that happened to me (Ghost Squad for Wii) they gave it to me at 15 when i mentioned it was mixed in with the 15 dollar clearanced games.

#3490 Mysterio

Mysterio

Death to hoarders!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

Went to two Tampa Targets this morning, and managed to find:

:360: Kane and Lynch: Dead Men - $9.98 (purchased the only one on end cap)
:360: Lost Odyssey - $14.98 (purchased the last one behind glass)

For those Tampa residents looking to purchase :360: Scene It? for $29.XX and/or :ps3: The Eye of Judgment for $17.XX, send me a PM and I'll tell you at which stores I've seen them. If I suspect you're a flipper/hoarder, you won't receive a reply.

#3491 RamHawk

RamHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

If it scans "Item Not Found" then you are SOL unless there is a price tag on it or on the shelf. COD4 (PC) is a prime example. It should be $4.94 clearanced but the shelf still says $49.99 and that is what they want to sell it as.... even though their system won't scan it. The only way they can sell it is if they look it up or there is a price sticker on it.

#3492 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

I've been lurking for a little over three years and have been active on various deals sites for many more than that. I just decided to start participating on CAG recently and set up a more relevant username for it. Oh yeah, and longevity does not necessarily equal validity.

On the whole, I believe in the community aspect of deals sites (or else I wouldn't post updated clearance prices that I find), but I get riled by members of any open forum that tries to stifle certain members' opinions and approaches.

#3493 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

Sorry to double-post - this is what just happened to me with Smackdown/Raw 2008 that I posted earlier. Once the game is "out of system" it's up to your social engineering abilities. Some employees will not sell these games at all since they have been sent to Goodwill. Some employees will sell it to you for the last known price (what happened to me). Some employees will let you name your price as long as it seems reasonable. People here have had all these experiences, all you can do is try and see what happens.

#3494 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

The last time that happened to me (Ghost Squad for Wii) they gave it to me at 15 when i mentioned it was mixed in with the 15 dollar clearanced games.

I believe the deal with Ghost Squad is that they were not set to sell in stores. There was no place for them on the planogram and so all of the stores marked them 'As-is' eventually.

Target employees can use their LRTs (price guns) to look up what the last listed price is. If the item comes up as being out of system, there are managers who will ok any reasonable price.

Some cashiers are also ok with 9'ing out an item. This involves inputting 999-99-9999 for the DPCI. This registers the item as a 'taxable item'. I'm not sure, but I would imagine that these situations are sort of a Final Sale, No Returns situation since the actual item is not listed on the receipt.

I used to work at Target about two years ago. Policies may have changed.

#3495 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

There are so many logical flaws in this argument. What it all boils down to is that CAG is the embodiment of pure capitalism. You hiding games circumvents the established system for the purpose of obtaining goods at a lower cost outside of their normal demand (i.e. if you left them on the shelf they would have sold for a higher cost).

Logical flaws? I didn't say hoarders lead me to hide games and I'm sure as hell not stifling members opinions/approaches. If you read all my comments pertaining to this subject you would have seen that hoarders have the right to do what they want. Also in reference to me hiding games I'm well aware of the economics behind doing this and could careless how it affects companies numbers and profits. Not that it matters or justifies my actions, but many CAG's benefit from me hiding games as you can see from my trader feedback. Again not to justify my actions, but not everyone in the community has a high income and when I find ways to score games on the cheap I do it. Who cares what any of us do, but out of respect, for those who have it, hoarding, hiding and any stories shouldn't be shared.

I've been lurking for a little over three years and have been active on various deals sites for many more than that. I just decided to start participating on CAG recently and set up a more relevant username for it. Oh yeah, and longevity does not necessarily equal validity.

Says the member who feels his own opinion won't mean squat due to his join date. It doesn't matter how long you've been here or other sites. It doesn't make your opinion more valid than any others. Just pointing out your history of deal forums makes me believe that your the type of person who always has to be right. No one cares about your history. I've been playing games since the NES launch, but that doesn't mean I'm all knowing when it comes to Nintendo.
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3496 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

I know hoarders suck, but let's try to keep the discussion to deals, guys.

#3497 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

Logical flaws. I didn't say hoarders lead me to hide games and I sure as hell not stifling members opinions/approaches. If you read all my comments pertaining to this subject you would have seen that hoarders have the right to do what they want. Also in reference to me hiding games I'm well aware of the economics behind doing this and could careless how it affects companies numbers and profits. Not that it matters or justifies my actions, but many CAG's benefit from me hiding games as you can see from my trader feedback. Again not to justify my actions, but not everyone in the community has a high income and when I find ways to score games on the cheap I do it. Who cares what any of us do, but out of respect, for those who have it, hoarding, hiding and any stories shouldn't be shared.

I think we're actually agreeing at this point on everything except the matter of posting "success" stories depending on your approach. I completely understand your point as far as that goes, I just don't agree with it and in a medium like this where moderation is reserved for very specific instances (sorry, Trakan - this is my last ramble) I don't think you can put any controls around it, so whatever is not forbidden is allowed.

And so I don't keep completely off-topic again, has anyone else noticed that PS3 games do not drop at some of their stores? One of my stores in particular will clearance all known titles and then progressively drop prices EXCEPT on PS3 games, which will sit at $44.98 or whatever until they are finally just removed from the system.

#3498 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

LOL. Noticed that too.

Anyway...my local Target still has Lost Odyssey for $41.xx. Is this possible? It seems that every other Target mentioned in this thread has it at $14.xx or even $29.xx. I'm wondering if they neglected to mark it down. It's behind the glass...so no price scanning for me. I think I might ask anyway.

#3499 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

^^ Who's that in your avatar? Girlfriend? Whoever it is it's a nice photo.:)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3500 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

LOL. Noticed that too.

Anyway...my local Target still has Lost Odyssey for $41.xx. Is this possible? It seems that every other Target mentioned in this thread has it at $14.xx or even $29.xx. I'm wondering if they neglected to mark it down. It's behind the glass...so no price scanning for me. I think I might ask anyway.

Yeah, i would ask. Sometimes even games behind the glass escape being updated.

If your target has the mounted aisle scanners that you can key product codes into, try doing it that way. Write down the key from the shelf tag, and go punch it in yourself. If not, you can always ask them to scan it for you.

#3501 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

LOL. Noticed that too.

This is why upcdatabase is your friend. My Target put Lost Odyssey on the clearance endcap, but Grid is behind the glass. Thanks to CAG introducing me to upcdatabase I rarely have to deal with employees when it comes to obtaining a price on an item.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3502 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, i would ask. Sometimes even games behind the glass escape being updated.

If your target has the mounted aisle scanners that you can key product codes into, try doing it that way. Write down the key from the shelf tag, and go punch it in yourself. If not, you can always ask them to scan it for you.

target is usually pretty good about keeping the correct prices marked. i had one instance of a 29.xx tagged tony hawk come out to 9.xx, so it does happen. doesn't hurt to check

#3503 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

This is why upcdatabase is your friend. My Target put Lost Odyssey on the clearance endcap, but Grid is behind the glass. Thanks to CAG introducing me to upcdatabase I rarely have to deal with employees when it comes to obtaining a price on an item.

Mind posting a link of this little trick?
Posted Image

#3504 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

Mind posting a link of this little trick?

I'm going to tell you the same thing that I told Strell when he asking me if he should marry Lilboo: check the OP.

Also, mods, please close this thread. It reeks of mothballs and old people. It's time for a new thread!
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.