Any word on MGS4 limited editions?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Itachi

Itachi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:16 AM

You can pre-order it on Best Buy now not sure about FS.

#32 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

Is that in Winnipeg, imcrazy?

Anyone get theirs in the Toronto area, other than Eaton Centre, which Solid-Snake-Eyes already mentioned?

For the art book I'm actually going to the EB at North Queen (Etobicoke) so if you live on the West side I'll post a status on that later today.

You can pre-order it on Best Buy now not sure about FS.

You can pre-order at FS, just no one's doing it, and people shy away when FS calls it a "layaway deposit" :D:D:D:D:D:D.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#33 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

If anyone is interested in Gun Metal (40gb) PS3, the sales is finally open to Canada now. Unfortunately, the price will only make sense to extreme hardcore MGS fans.

Items Total: $599.99
Shipping: Purolator (Ontario) $140.00
Grand Total: $739.99

The shipping fee includes tax and customs fee as well. I'm out :(

#34 Rocky071

Rocky071

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

Holy smokes! Thanks for the heads up, but what a disappointing price. That's a little over the top for a PS3 that lacks any sort of real eye appeal (besides hardcore fans thinking you're cool for having it). And I mean you could buy regular MGS4 bundle w/ LE edition of game (which I will do) and that will only be 600, not including the money you get back from reselling or trading in the regular edition of the game.

#35 CaptainCharismaCCC

CaptainCharismaCCC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

Some additional information on the art book, I had a family member pick it up for me and I had given them my pre-order receipt for the LE. The store employees didn't bother to verify that we had pre-ordered the game, they just handed out the book. So you should try to grab it ASAP because they probably aren't saving them for you. This was at Toronto Eaton Centre location.

the opposite happened to me at Eaton's. the employee wouldn't give it to me because I didn't have my preorder receipt. 5 mins later the manager came and handed one to me. he recognized me as I did the original preorder with him.

#36 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

Holy smokes! Thanks for the heads up, but what a disappointing price. That's a little over the top for a PS3 that lacks any sort of real eye appeal (besides hardcore fans thinking you're cool for having it). And I mean you could buy regular MGS4 bundle w/ LE edition of game (which I will do) and that will only be 600, not including the money you get back from reselling or trading in the regular edition of the game.

The 80GB bundle is actually $499.99, isn't it?

#37 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

Does anyone know EB/gamestop might carry the LE strat guide?

#38 return

return

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

my EB location conestoga mall(waterloo, on) will be giving out the art book along with the game.