Photo
- - - - -

Skies of Arcadia Legends - $14.99 (USED)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 legendoffanboy

legendoffanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:38 AM

tried to buy 2, but only got the last one, so had to add a used okami to get enough $$ in cart to use saver. I hope I get complete.

I used code SAVER instead of PPlay15 because I figure to end up with somthing incomplete and since they dont refund shipping on returns, I'll just do a return/rebuy w/ d/c in store.

also I beleive there is a free 3 day shipping code out there, but couldnt find it.

Anyway,
Thanks OP, huge fan of the d/c version (one of my fav rpgs, if not #1) So I have to own both versions.

P.S. (give) - put the d/c version in a normal cd player for a little fun, at least this idiot found it amusing

PS.S. (take) - if anyone knows a way to get the dl stuff for the d/c version still let me know the place, I belive I still have the multi reader that reads vmus to the computer laying around in a dusty box somewhere.

#32 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

After looking at the website it seems that almost all GC games received a price drop. Must be getting ready to clear them out...

Gamecube games are disappearing from all the targets around me. I'm trying to catch them on clearance. There are very few gamecube games at the gamestops as well.

#33 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

Doesn't make sense, with the Wii having 100% BC. You'd think that GC games would be getting a revival with all the people who didn't own one. People only care about the newest games; if it's a few months old it's like it never existed. That's a shame.

It's more among the lines of the Wii's "innovation" still having an effect on non-gamers. They want the games that "make them move around." Most people who own a Wii and are gamers have likely already bout the GameCube games they needed already.

#34 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

As far as turn based RPG's go, this game is outstanding. I bought it brand new for my 'cube years ago and it is still one of my all time favorite titles.
If you like the genre at all and want to invest in an excellent example of it I can't encourage you enough to get this game, I liked it that much.

#35 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

After looking at the website it seems that almost all GC games received a price drop. Must be getting ready to clear them out...

that's good for us then :D

#36 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

thanks OP, going to check my local store tonight... hope it's complete. i really liked the DC version of this...
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#37 stalfosking

stalfosking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

Decided to pick this up along with P.N.03 using the 16% off coupon, I played SoA on Dreamcast and loved it (one of my all time favorite RPGs) and I've been meaning to pick up the GC version for years. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get cases but I figured since I waited this long I can't worry too much about it.

#38 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

I was at Gamestop yesterday and noticed the same thing. Prices on most (not all) had dropped. I would guess 15 - 20% as the average.

#39 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

I was at Gamestop yesterday and noticed the same thing. Prices on most (not all) had dropped. I would guess 15 - 20% as the average.

Well they were over priced by at least that much to begin with. The Nintendo published titles especially, $40 for Mario Kart Double Dash? Gimmie a break
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#40 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

If I didn't get a complete copy from Goozex, then I'd be all over this.

#41 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

\\:D/

Shipped!
Posted Image

#42 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=27755

Except for the Twin Snakes. They recently raised the price from $29.99 to $34.99.

#43 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

Except for the Twin Snakes. They recently raised the price from $29.99 to $34.99.

Thanks Cao Cao. I needed some help rationalizing why I bought it 3 weeks ago for $30.:)

#44 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Likely to capture some of the excitement from the impending release of Metal Gear Solid 4.

#45 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Pikmin also went from $19.99 to $24.99. LOZ: Wind Waker was raised from $15 to $18, while the LOZ: Collector's Edition was dropped from $40 to $35(has the demand dropped for this?).

#46 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

Heads up! It's showing as OOS now. Just hit the page to see if there was still one in stock at my local GS (worked late last night and didn't get there). Luckily there is!

"It will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine." - Wayne Campbell, Aurora, IL
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#47 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

Heads up! It's showing as OOS now. Just hit the page to see if there was still one in stock at my local GS (worked late last night and didn't get there). Luckily there is!

Be careful though. This just dropped in price, because it was showing up at $20 when I checked the site last night. So chances are that many GS stores haven't updated the stickers and might try to charge the $20 price.

#48 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

BF called and said he found one for $15 (he went to like 5 stores)..sadly, no artwork & manual :bomb:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#49 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:41 AM

BF called and said he found one for $15 (he went to like 5 stores)..sadly, no artwork & manual :bomb:

Where in south jersey do you live? I know they have one in Moorestown, I couldn't justify spending another 15 after getting Beyond Good & Evil two days earlier.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#50 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:03 AM

Ah geez. For that price, you might as well buy the Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection on the PS2.

#51 Liquidrmx

Liquidrmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

Ah geez. For that price, you might as well buy the Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection on the PS2.

Then you might as well buy the Dreamcast version of this game.

I rather play the version which has Cam Clarke(liquid snake) last voice acting in the MGS series and MGS2 controls.
Posted Image

#52 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

i joked with a Gamestop manager a month ago when i bought twn snakes that gamestop will make Twin Snakes 59.99 when mgs 4 comes out...waiting.

#53 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

Then you might as well buy the Dreamcast version of this game.

I assume you're referring to the Bleemcast version?

#54 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

Both mine came today and both were complete. Between the 2 I ended up with an excellent condition copy for $13. Can't beat that.

#55 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:50 PM

Found one today and bought it with the 10% off coupon (the one that expires 6/20) and Edge card which came out to $11.99 for Skies of Arcadia (with manual and everything). Always regretted not buying the original and Fatal Fury: Mark of Wolves for the Dreamcast.

Too bad Resident Evil 2 and 3 for GC have never gone down in price.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)