Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live 2 month trials still available ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:41 AM

Are there any xbox live 2 month free trials anymore? I've bought 4 copies of Live games from Best Buy and 2 of them had expired 2 month cards and 2 of them didn't have anything at all. I've tried calling MS and they won't help me. They say they don't have codes to issue. I just want to try the service and see what's availible and what the prices are and I don't feel like paying $60 for the privilege.

All I've seen in the stores are the cards for the 360 and none for 1 month service which used to be 5.99, I think. They are all "Gold" service for 3 or 12 months.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#2 HamalSharatan

HamalSharatan

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:30 AM

What games have these Live codes?

#3 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:15 AM

Suposedly, Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, and Star Wars Battlefront II are supposed to have Live trial codes in them.

I just bought Battlefield and SW Battlefront and the codes were expired. I'm assuming any Kingdom games would have expired ones too since it came out in '05.
I just don't understand why MS still has this info on their site if they don't support it anymore.

Like I said, I'm not shelling our $60 for this and I was wondering if the 2 month trials even exist for the original xbox anymore.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

#4 joldko

joldko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:24 AM

expired codes work...

#5 foxdvd

foxdvd

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:07 AM

expired codes work...

It has been a long time, but I used an expired code as well once...and it worked.

#6 foxdvd

foxdvd

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:21 AM

can i please borrow a code for only 48- hours if thats all i can get????

you can't give it back, so you are asking for a code, not borrowing one.

#7 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

I've tried 4 expired codes now from new games I've bought recently and none of them worked. They were hard to read, too, being all fuzzy from shelf life, I guess.

If anyone has an unexpired code, I'm willing to Paypal you. PM me, please.

#8 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

I've tried 4 expired codes now from new games I've bought recently and none of them worked. They were hard to read, too, being all fuzzy from shelf life, I guess.

If anyone has an unexpired code, I'm willing to Paypal you. PM me, please.

All the cards that came with original Xbox games have been expired for a long time.

The one's that are not expired are cards that come with 360 games and those codes only work on the 360, not original Xbox.

#9 Limet

Limet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:41 AM

well im proof that xbox cards from wayyy back in the day still work..
Back when i didnt know that you had to have high speed internet to run live
which was near the release of the xbox i bought a 1 year xbox live service thing that had a demo for some motorcycle game and i got an xbox 360 last year and i activated that code on the 360 and BLAM! 1 year of service.
Aw yeahh!

#10 auserheru

auserheru

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

I have one... and it says its not valid. How do I revalidate it?