Photo
- - - - -

Is it "wrong" to create an account for a region in which you're not located?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

I believe so, as there hasn't really been any Sony games, maybe one or two third party games, that aren't region-free. Depends on the game for English subtitles, I know Insomniac and Naughty Dog created essentially one version of their games for all regions, so that it has all the various languages on the one disc.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#32 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

Cool. I assume Siren will be released here in the States right? If not I may have to get that through play asia or something.

Posted Image

#33 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

It'll be download only here and in episodic format. The Japanese demo's text is all in Japanese though, right? It may be hard to play that if you don't read Japanese.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#34 Duckbutt

Duckbutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

Cool. I assume Siren will be released here in the States right? If not I may have to get that through play asia or something.

The Siren: New Translation demo is up in the Hong Kong store. It's probably up in the Japanese store as well. I only played it for a few minutes, but the little bit I did see was creepy. It had english voice acting. I don't remember any text, but it probably was Japanese.

As far as the translations go, it's like Paco said. I've only tried Capcom games Biohazard 1 & 2 and Dino Crisis. They had english voice acting and japanese (or something asian) subtitles. The only draw back to that is you need the text in those games sometimes because you are clicking on objects and solving puzzles.

For $5 a game, I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far. I'm much more inclined to buy PS1 games from the Hong Kong store than the NA store.
Posted Image