HD Gamecube, where to find?

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So now I have a good screen to play games on. I have the PS3 and the 360 hooked up but I got a bunch of GC games I want to play in glorious progressive scan. And I really don't want to plug in my Wii in my room since it sees the most use in the living room.

I heard that there was a GC that had component outputs (only the indigo ones) but I can't seem to find any anywhere, any model before DOL-101 is a valid one and the eBay ones are cheap as hell but shipping is like $50.

Anyone know where to find one?

i know know but i have that sig on another board did you steal it from me

i stoled it from a guy on a marijuana message board

My GC is black and had the extra hookup for the component. And yes, there are no HD Gamecubes.

The Panasonic Q also has the component plug.

Okay well by HD Gamecube the OP is referring to the original model Gamecubes that had the component out abilities. Later models nixed the ability to use component cables. I realize the Gamecube is only capable of 480p (as is the Wii at the moment as far as I know), but that's what we're talking about anyway.

I have one of the original Gamecubes with Component Out abilities that I'd love to sell you though OP so please contact me :) Thanks!

Let's just say the price of getting GCN component cables + a component GCN will make you think about just buying a second Wii =/

Check your local Gamestop for used Gamecubes, my local ones have plenty with the "Digital Out" port. It's not just indigo ones that have the port either; I currently have both an indigo and black one with the port and I believe the platinum one I used to have had the port too. The cables are likely to cost more than the system though.

You can get a used Gamecube for $30 at Gamestop, and I'm sure it's not hard to find one with both video outputs.

And I have a set of official Gamecube Component cables if you're interested, I'll sell them for whatever the average selling price is now, which I'll have to look into.

Woo, this is why I stay here, 'cause a few hours after I post; excellent posts.

And isn't 720 considered HD? That's why I was talking about a GC HD

[quote name='neocisco']The cables are easy to find, you'll just pay $50 minimum for them.[/quote]

The worst part is the minimum is $50 :(. Godamn American sellers and their UPS First Class Express shipping fees! I'd probly get burned on customs too.

been looking for component cables forever as well but the hell with paying 50 + for one... its the only reason id consider getting a wii for cheap if i could.

[quote name='kathos']Woo, this is why I stay here, 'cause a few hours after I post; excellent posts.

And isn't 720 considered HD? That's why I was talking about a GC HD

The worst part is the minimum is $50 :(. Godamn American sellers and their UPS First Class Express shipping fees! I'd probly get burned on customs too.[/QUOTE]

Gamecube can't not output 720. The wii can't even do that.

[quote name='guyver2077']been looking for component cables forever as well but the hell with paying 50 + for one... its the only reason id consider getting a wii for cheap if i could.[/QUOTE]
Nice sig. "Kimbo". But dude he almost got his ass toh up! on Saturday. Kimbo get those ground skills up and you can be an elite.

1st (maybe 2nd) Gen 'cubes only, it was removed later in the game. Sold mine on eBay, full explaining that it was a rare cube and it still sold for mad cheap.

Here's some advise, there is a problem with being TOO cheap. =)

[quote name='ricoraney']Kimbo get those ground skills up and you can be an elite.[/quote]
I'll believe it when I see it. Dude has no technique, just a sloppy brawler.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']1st (maybe 2nd) Gen 'cubes only, it was removed later in the game. Sold mine on eBay, full explaining that it was a rare cube and it still sold for mad cheap.

Here's some advise, there is a problem with being TOO cheap. =)[/quote]

They weren't rare. The change was done in the latter life of the Cubes life. Still I don't think it was a good idea to remove it.

bread's done
Back