Photo
- - - - -

Longest you left your PS3 on

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: What's the longest you left your PS3 on for?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What's the longest you left your PS3 on for?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:17 AM

Because of Sony's bad rep for poor soldier joints, I would venture to say that its better to leave the PS3 on all the time. No thermal fatigue that way.

The solder joints on the PS3 motherboard are actually quite good (better than previous PlayStation platforms).

I don't think I'd try leaving a DVD or game in for a while, since I do worry that may wear out the laser.

Well, I had a friend who left his Dreamcast on all day, and it broke, which might be the reason I kind of fear a console breaking when leaving it on for a while, so that's why I don't leave a console on for very long.
Posted Image

#32 rendil

rendil

lurker extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:24 AM

I don't generally leave it on on purpose, but it's not unusual that I forget to turn it off and it stays on overnight. Doesn't bother me to leave it on for extended periods.

There was also a while where I was leaving it on for weeks at a time doing F@H.

#33 ighosty

ighosty

I just lost the game.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

Use to leave it on for 6 or more hours for F@H, but then I started to notice the increase in my electric bill so now at most I leave it on for 3 or 4 hours when playing a game or watching something.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:360: SKATE 2
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps2: Rogue Galaxy

#34 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:51 AM

The solder joints on the PS3 motherboard are actually quite good (better than previous PlayStation platforms).

I don't think I'd try leaving a DVD or game in for a while, since I do worry that may wear out the laser.

Well, I had a friend who left his Dreamcast on all day, and it broke, which might be the reason I kind of fear a console breaking when leaving it on for a while.

You are so fucking weird/odd.

#35 Dark Slayer120

Dark Slayer120

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

What's the longest you left your PS3 on for? For me, the longest I left my PS3 on for was 3-4 hours. I do fear leaving a console on for a while will break it, so that's what I do.

#1: Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:51 AM

Last year when I was actively running folding@home for the GameSpot folding team, I think the longest I've ever left it on was for like 3-4 weeks.

#37 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

I usually only have mine on for 2-3 hours while playing a game or watching a blu-ray. I baby my 60 GB PS3. Now my computer on the other hand is never off, its in standby mode while not in use.

#38 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

#1: Posted Image

I updated my post to make it more clear.
Posted Image

#39 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Mine is never turned off, but i have a 2 year extended warranty.

#40 pinoy530

pinoy530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:00 PM

probably about 24 hours, the stupid blu ray remote turns on the ps3 with any button push, so I would sometimes bump the remote and not realize its on

#41 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

Baffles me why I see people on Xbox Live with "Away for 2 hours" statuses, or seeing people here say they leave there's on when NOT playing games. There isn't a single benefit to leaving your VIDEO GAME system ON when you are NOT PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Posted Image

#42 bballplaya210

bballplaya210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

The longest I have left my PS3 on was about 2 days for F@H. A couple of months ago I would leave it on for around 24 hours and then turn it of for a couple of hours and then it on and start folding again. I don't expect anything to break but it does make my room extremely hot so it will mainly stay off from now until the end of summer.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

Around 24 hours. Its so quiet I've forgotten about it being on.

I'd never dream about doing that with my 360. Hell I cringe when powering that piece of shit on.

#44 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

4 months and counting.

It's constantly running F@H while I'm at work. When I get the chance to play a game I simply stop Folding and start the game. Once I'm done with the game I just restart folding. But yeah, I've never bothered to actually turn it off.
Posted Image

#45 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

I have left it folding for a few weeks I think. But now I use it so often, there is often not time enough to get a whole project done before the next time I figure I'll use it.

I guess I could leave it on overnight, but I need it quiet and dark when I sleep.

#46 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

I generally leave mine on for a week or two at a time.

#47 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

I have left it on for about 24 hours by mistake, but then I played it for 2 hours immediately after that and no issues what-so-ever.

Imagine that, a game system that doesnt overheat.

#48 geko29

geko29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:56 AM

18 months between 3 units (8, 6, and 4 months, respectively), with a total downtime of under 10 minutes total.
Silence is Golden. Duct Tape is Silver.

#49 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:00 AM

Baffles me why I see people on Xbox Live with "Away for 2 hours" statuses, or seeing people here say they leave there's on when NOT playing games. There isn't a single benefit to leaving your VIDEO GAME system ON when you are NOT PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=132099

#50 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

My PS3 use to randomly turn on. I think it was because of my router would remotely trigger it. So once I realized it was on after 2 days or so.

But on purpose, not that long.

The internet is weird. I like type this out, but its like no one will really give a shit. It's more like writing a journal then a discussion. I hate the internet.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R