Gamestop PRP (any gamestop employee's here?) [Use Deal Shopping/Discussions Forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmarquis

CAG Veteran
I purchased a refurb PS3 ~8 months ago with the PRP from gamestop. I can't seem to find the terms of the PRP anywhere- not online or printed on the back of my receipt.
My problem is that my PS3 is excessively loud, the fan turns on "medium" within 5 minutes of starting up even when the ps3 is just in stand-by mode. After ~20 minutes it turns up to high- which is so loud that I can hear it in the next room. It can be pretty distracting when playing games or watching movies. After seeing how quiet my friends' PS3s are, I've determined that this is definitely not normal. It's not a ventilation issue because the PS3 makes noise regardless of where I store it.
Otherwise the PS3 works fine. I'm not sure if "excessive noise" is a replaceable problem under the gamestop PRP, and was wondering if anyone has experience with the gamestop PRP could advise me on trying to get it replaced or not. I don't want to go through backing up everything and hauling my PS3 to gamestop just to find out they won't replace it. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back