GS: Free Ryu Headband with Street Fighter IV Preorder (360/PS3) - UPDATED

LiK

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Thanks to Shady3011 for the info. Old thread updated. Gamestop changed the original artbook preorder bonus to the Ryu Headband.

SF4_Belt_bonusLG.jpg

PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RaidenMGS3']"Pre-order Ships 2/3/2009"

Whoa.[/quote]

yea, altho i don't think there's a set date for the console versions so that might change.

I admit I have not been keeping up with the SFIV news lately, but does anyone know if Akuma is in it as a playable character?

[quote name='hoofrog']I admit I have not been keeping up with the SFIV news lately, but does anyone know if Akuma is in it as a playable character?[/quote]

he's still a rumor so far from what i've read. but Fei Long and Dan are confirmed to be exclusive characters for the console versions. :)

[quote name='LiK']he's still a rumor so far from what i've read. but Fei Long and Dan are confirmed to be exclusive characters for the console versions. :)[/quote]

I really hope so, and as a side note, never name your kitten Akuma... I did and that is one evil cat. He's about 10 yrs old now and my brother still avoids him when he visits because of the trauma that kitten caused him when he was little.

Capcom seems to think the Game will be ready by November on the consoles. It makes sense to have it out by then instead of Febraury for the Holiday season. I think I am buying both versions as I play a lot of Street Fighter, just waiting for an earlier release date.

Well, I love fighting games and I love artbooks. I guess I'll pre-order.
Man, I hope Makoto makes it in as dlc or somethin'.

[quote name='yamas']Do you get the book when you preorder?[/quote]

ships with the game, so not for quite a while.

Crap. That's a great pre-order bonus, but I'm not sure which version I'm going to get. I have a Virtua Stick High Grade for the PS3 and am in the process of ordering a custom Sanwa joystick for the Xbox360.

[quote name='LiK']got the info from the newsletter today.

sfartbook_bonus.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=130&affid=3000&WT.mc_id=060308nl

Updated info:
Coupon 5XBOX takes $5 off the 360 version. Does not work for the PS3 version (i tried). - Thanks DiddlyKong!

The artbook comes with the game if you preorder in-store - Thanks Veronica Mars![/quote]

But 5PS3 sure does!!!

Nevermind, doesn't seem to work for this title for some reason

With character design this awful, this is the very first time I have to 'consider' if I want the art book or not. lol

[quote name='maxgle']With character design this awful, this is the very first time I have to 'consider' if I want the art book or not. lol[/quote]

haha, well, i read from the SF blog that it will contain art from various artists so i have hope that it's not from the main chara designer only. i plan on getting the game anyways so it's worth it, imo :)

I got the e-mail from GS about this, was going to post before, but looks like no need for it now...

Question, as to the art book, is it one of those puny ass little guide looking art book, i.e. the size of the game case or a full blown art book?

Is this art book GS exclusive? Thinking about getting this from somewhere else. Actually, with e-retailers charging NY taxes, i don't think that matters anymore...

I found out that early adopters preordering from eb/gs.com are usually the ones who get screwed out of the preorder bonuses. Those preordering closer to the release day gets the first dip in the bonus gift than those preordered early.

[quote name='eau']I found out that early adopters preordering from eb/gs.com are usually the ones who get screwed out of the preorder bonuses. Those preordering closer to the release day gets the first dip in the bonus gift than those preordered early.[/quote]

i don't think that's true for all preorders. i preordered DMC4 wayyyy early and i got the artbooks with no problem. when i preordered Apollo Justice 2 weeks before release, i didn't get the bonus. it really depends on the game.

but now that GS/EB revamped their site, the sitre will probably do a better job with it. i see my bonus items appear a few hours after i place an order with them. it gives me some relief that i will get my bonuses.

Serpentor, no details on the size of the artbook right now. if the MGS4 artbook is the same small one as the DMC4 one, then it's probably a trend. we'll see next week. and it's a GS-exclusive so far from what i've read. it's free after all so it's not a big deal to me.

[quote name='addicted2games']How come "5Xbox" code is not working for me? I might have to use "Saver" but that only saves me $2.99.[/quote]

are there any codes saved in your cart? i know that saver and 5XBOX are not stackable. and i know 5XBOX only works for the 360 version. try all caps too, that's i entered the code.

[quote name='LiK']are there any codes saved in your cart? i know that saver and 5XBOX are not stackable. and i know 5XBOX only works for the 360 version. try all caps too, that's i entered the code.[/QUOTE]

I dont have any other codes in there, I entered the code as 5XBOX and I have the 360 version in my cart. But I get this message:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:5XBOX - Receive $5 off any Xbox 360 game priced $59.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers.

hmmm..........I am stumped.

[quote name='addicted2games']I dont have any other codes in there, I entered the code as 5XBOX and I have the 360 version in my cart. But I get this message:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:5XBOX - Receive $5 off any Xbox 360 game priced $59.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers.

hmmm..........I am stumped.[/quote]

weird. i just tried the code again and it didn't work either. maybe it expired. i'll have to update the OP. thanks for letting me know. :(

[quote name='LiK']weird. i just tried the code again and it didn't work either. maybe it expired. i'll have to update the OP. thanks for letting me know. :([/QUOTE]

oh well.......thanks for helping anyways. :)

[quote name='LiK']he's still a rumor so far from what i've read. but Fei Long and Dan are confirmed to be exclusive characters for the console versions. :)[/quote]

THAT is so damned awesome. I love Dan!

[quote name='NolbertoS']I'm still unsure on which version to buy. Any recommendations[/quote]

both will probably be the same, but I will get the 360 version for the achievements and xbox live. (I find it easier to get games together with XBOX live then PSN) and also because I already have a Virtua Fighter 4 Arcade Stick on 360.

[quote name='addicted2games']I dont have any other codes in there, I entered the code as 5XBOX and I have the 360 version in my cart. But I get this message:

hmmm..........I am stumped.[/QUOTE]

I got that message as well.

[quote name='Shady3011']I hate to be the one to bump this old rear end thread, but while looking around GS' site, I noticed that the pre-order bonus for SFIV is no longer the art book. It's now Ryu's headband.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=71572[/quote]

thanks for the heads up and bumping my old thread. :)

that's friggin weird. i wonder what happened with the artbook? i'll update this thread just in case.

nice pre order bonus. i already have one from this year's comic con but i wouldn't mind having another one :)

[quote name='Serpentor']So, we're not getting the artbook now?[/quote]

yea, don't think so. bummer.

I reserved it before I even got wind of the whole headband thing.

Yanno, I always get shafted when it comes to the pre-order things. When I pre-ordered SCIV I got everything except for the keychain. I was really looking forward to that artbook.

With that aside, I do hope that I at least get the headband. If not, I hope that I at least get Dan for my version of SCIV.

bread's done
Back