Castlevania Judgment

Pretty sure Konami announced Castlevania for Wii a long time ago. I'll see if I can find the article. It's pretty much a given though, as if the franchise needed a gimmick to sell games :) Gonna say, it will probably be phenomenal.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow. I really wish he would've chosen... any other system.[/QUOTE]

I really hope its 2d like the recent Ds offerings..

[quote name='Snake2715']I really hope its 2d like the recent Ds offerings..[/QUOTE]

If it's 2D, it could be really good... but given past console outings, I doubt that's how things'll work.

[quote name='drone8888']Pretty sure Konami announced Castlevania for Wii a long time ago. I'll see if I can find the article. It's pretty much a given though, as if the franchise needed a gimmick to sell games :) Gonna say, it will probably be phenomenal.[/quote]

I don't know of any previous announcement, but it has been speculated for quite some time, dating back to when the leaked shots of the DS version were shown to have Wii Connectivity.

IIRC, in the latest Nintendo Power Castlevania retrospective, Koji Igarashi hinted that "the definitive 3D Castlevania is yet to come"...

I'd personally suggest Wii remote-pointing to choose targets, button pressing for basic whipping, and a few gestures for special moves. Maybe a Zelda-style circular swing and a Metroid Prime-style grapple-and-pull?

--R.J.

I played one of the Castlevanias on PS2. While I enjoyed it, it just wasn't quite Castlevania. But the story/voice acting was hilariously awesome.

Will the Wii get a Castlevania? Sure probably. Will it have media coverage to try and convince you that waggle whipping is the coolest thing ever? Probably.

[quote name='drone8888']Pretty sure Konami announced Castlevania for Wii a long time ago. [/QUOTE]

It hasn't been confirmed. Iga has danced around the issue a lot lately and basically been a cheeky bastard about it. The speculation is rabid at the moment and it seems like it is going to be announced any day now considering his comments, as well as seeing the "Wii" option in some of the screenshots for the menu/title screen of the new DS game.

[quote name='mguiddy']Really...
Koji Igarashi had said he didn't like the Wii for Castlevania...[/QUOTE]

He said he didn't want to do a game that required lots of arm swinging for whipping. You can take that as he doesn't want the game to be made period, but he was saying something specific. He also said these comments before the Wii was a huge seller, probably back in early 2007.

It's not ruling it out, but it's no help either.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow. I really wish he would've chosen... any other system.[/QUOTE]

You need a new hobby. Every post in every gaming thread from you is nothing but whining and trolling, even if it is especially strong regarding anything Nintendo related.

note to self: find a factory in china to make Wiimote whip attachments.

note 2 to self: have them put half of them in castlevania packaging and the other half in indiana jones packaging

ooooooh i am gonna be soo rich

The 3d castlevanias have potential though. I think that this is going to be 3D, but seeing the new Wario tells me that it might be 2d

If it's not 2D, I don't really care. I love Castlevania, but there are so many other games than I would rather play than another 3D version of these games.

I really hope it's a 2D game. A 3D Castlevania would be fine as long as they were able to pull it off well, but I have some doubts that they can.

If it is 3D, then I will NOT be buying it. I bought the PS2 one and found it to be a basic hack and slash (in a castlevania theme) which has been repeated 10,000 times on the PS2, and chances are it will be the same.

If it is 2D, then I will probably nab this one.

[quote name='smoger']note to self: find a factory in china to make Wiimote whip attachments.

note 2 to self: have them put half of them in castlevania packaging and the other half in indiana jones packaging

ooooooh i am gonna be soo rich[/QUOTE]

then you will go broke when a some kid hurts himself and you get a lawsuit

I loved Lament, I still need to play Curse of Darkness. I love the games to be in 2D but I wouldn't mind them taking another stab at a 3D game (I believe a 360 and PS3 game is in the works right now.)

I think I've had my fill of 2D Castlevania's. I hope they try 3D again and make it good this time. Lament and Curse both nailed the atmosphere and combat, but failed miserably in level design and reused environments every other room.

ahahaha, ah, why does everyone suck?

I do like the last bullet point in regards to the features:

# Steals men's souls, and makes them its slaves!

Nintendo Power seems to be late to the party on everything. Maybe they think it's April over there.

Sadly, this is the best possible scenario I can imagine with this game. Konami already tried to do fighters and they all failed miserably. Those N64 fighters were abominations.

Shit. It's like they are trying to combine their two worst ideas ever from the N64 era into one spectacularly bad game.

This:

9-17-03-lewisblack.jpg

Why the fuck can't this company make a 2D castlevania game on a home console? It's want EVERYONE that buys Castlevania games wants.

[quote name='zewone']Someone needs to change the title of the thread.

'Mankind ill needs a Castlevania Wii game such as this'[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong, OP.

A fighting game? A Castlevania-themed fighting game? A fuckING fighting game?

No, let's not give the people what they want, a 2D Castlevania on the home consoles, let's give them what nobody asked for. Thanks Konami.

It seems like Konami's answer to compete against Soul Calibur, but rather then starting a new franchise, they slap the Castlevania name to draw some appeal. An appeal that doesn't strike to gamers. Most 3d Castlevania games blow chunks and when you add those wii controls, things don't look that promising.

just pray that they don't add characters from outside of the castlevania series like Mario, Link, Zelda just for the hell of it, claiming "If it works for SC4, it's gonna work for this!"

[quote name='ITDEFX']just pray that they don't add characters from outside of the castlevania series like Mario, Link, Zelda just for the hell of it, claiming "If it works for SC4, it's gonna work for this!"[/QUOTE]

Super Smash Bros.

[quote name='LeafPanda']Am I almost the only one interested in this[/QUOTE]
No, yukine apparently is also.

Which is good. See, if it has internet play, you two can play against each other. And yukine SUCKS at fighting games.

bread's done
Back