Contest (CAG Foreplay #44): Win an NES with 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #44, CAG Robjus was kind enough to donate an NES and several games. The system comes with all the necessary hook-ups and two controllers.

The List of Games:

Defender II
Dr. Mario
Jack Nicklaus: Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf
NFL
Pictionary
Qix
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the World
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Tetris
Top Gun: The Second Mission

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone and thanks again to Robjus.

If you leave your system on for fear of loosing your high score, you might be an old school gamer.

And as a side note to the blowing on games, I still find myself doing that with disks.

You might be an Old school gamer if you hold the rest button while pushing power to make sure your game saves correctly.

*Just pushes the power button*

You might be an old school gamer if you didn't turn off your NES while you were at school so you continue playing because there were no save points.

You might be an old school gamer if u know how to use a paddle controller. no its not for spanking. sheesh.

You might be an old school gamer if the word "shooter" makes you think of spaceships instead of shotguns.

You might be an old school gamer if you handle your games roughly and expect them to still work fine (I totally dropped an NES game down 2 flights of stairs once by accident and it still ran perfectly).

You might be an old school gamer if when you look at modern controllers, you think they have 8 buttons and two analog sticks too many.

If you've ever found a turtle wandering across the road/yard and had to resist the urge to jump up and down on it's back repeatedly, you might be an old school gamer.

You might be an old school gamer if you've seen an arrow at the supermarket telling you to move faster.

You might be an old school gamer if when Sonic and Mario at the Olympics (or something like that) was announced, it wasn't cool - it was heresy.

You might be an old-school gamer if everytime you put a glove or mit on, you say "I love the powerglove. It's so bad..."

You might be an old school gamer if you pasted the pages of nintendo power where they showed screenshots of entire levels on a poster board, and sat it next to your television.

You might be old skool if you actually took the cover off your nes to get it to work better and also had to tape together your controllers after throwing them at things.

...if you have tried every controller and peripheral to try and land the plane in Top Gun and still failed.

Think I've landed it twice in my life.

You might be old school if you've thrown your NES Max controller more than once in frustration while playing Blaster Master, and it still works today.

You might be an old school gamer if you kept your ex-girlfriends NES after you broke up because yours quit working.

You might be an old school gamer if you ever took part of an argument about the right way to put an NES cartridge into its sleeve.

You might be an old school gamer if...

...you remember 1200 bps as once being wicked fast.

...you still have a Roland MT-32 connected to your computer.

...you ever used a hole punch to upgrade your storage media.

...you ever envied the guy with the 20MB hard disk.

...your "gaming machine" required a boot disk to start.

you might be an old school gamer if you remember watching the "Video Power" game show with Johnny Arcade as its host on television or remember watching "The Wizard" movie with its "teaser" videos for SMB3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back