Haze $39.99 at GS/Amazon/Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:33 AM

Isn't that what Killzone 2 is supposed to be?

Sony has been playing down the "halo killer" angle on Killzone 2 ever since shortly after the E3 target video all those years ago.

#32 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

Hahaha, my first thought when I saw this thread was, "I'll only buy Haze when it hits $20". Guess I wasn't alone.

Lair is also in this category for me. I've actually seen Lair marked down to $29.99 at my local Target, but I just can't justify paying that much for a game that only mildly intrigues me.

around DE Targets, Lair is at $15

596772.png

#33 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

Why would you buy this when MGS4 drops next week? That's right- you wouldn't.
Posted Image

#34 Unickuta

Unickuta

I do believe we're naked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:53 AM

Seriously. It's a shame too because the games actually not that bad. Worth 60 probably not. At 40 I'd have to say probably.

EDIT: I've actually played the game and beaten it.

Finally, someone agrees with me- this game isn't Two Worlds, they under-scored it. It's more of a 7.5, it's definitely better than TimeShift.

#35 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

Wow,

Thanks for the tip. I just got it at Best Buy just last night! Glad its still sealed. Back it goes!

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#36 iluvmywife

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

The HOLIDAYS was the major factor in the sale price for COD4 that only lasted a week or so and was meant to get foot traffic in the stores.

I actually want this game but will wait until it hits $9.99 like we all know it will. Probably around black friday or perhaps sooner!

#37 supergrass

supergrass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

I rented this from Gamefly and couldn't stand it, in large part because the cutscenes and voice acting are among the worst of all time. With gameplay that is average to below average and graphics that are weak, that doesn't add up to a very fun time. It might be all right if you own only a PS3, but in a world filled with FPS this is not worth $40. The multiplayer isn't very good either.

#38 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

I think Ill bite @ 40 just to see how bad it is.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#39 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Finally, someone agrees with me- this game isn't Two Worlds, they under-scored it. It's more of a 7.5, it's definitely better than TimeShift.

Totally agree. I mean if you look at gamerankings supposedly this game is tons worse than stuff like FEAR and Jericho, which it is not. I'd say it was on par with a Dark Sector.
Posted Image

#40 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

it's also at amazon as well

596772.png

#41 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

Judging from the demo, this game seems OK. It's a third-party FPS game so I don't expect much (there's only one Infinity Ward, after all). I think the backlash against it was probably a little unjustified; there's a lot of Free Radical fans out there, and since this wasn't nearly as good as any of their TimeSplitters games they were bound to get overkilled on the reviews.

Come on, $20 price point...

#42 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

On par with Jericho? Maybe, that game totally blows, but being on par with Timeshift or FEAR I think not.

Mostly the graphics suck, fighting for the Mantal (nectar guys) is super annoying, and the game is short. It really stings when GTA IV and MGS 4 and Ninja Gaiden II and Quake Wars and other quality games are being released around the same time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:54 AM

now at BB

596772.png