Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Extra $10 trade BONUS on 2 Wii, 360 or PS3 Games Promo EXTENDED until 7/20 !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1439 replies to this topic

#991 cheapskate01

cheapskate01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

Yea no worries, i just called a few hours ago and the $10 promo is extended. The real question is if GS accepts $15 coupon printed or not? If not where can i find the ad's. With the $15 coupon im glad i waited to push credit from BB to GS.

#992 io

io

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

Trade-in values updated through this post...

#993 Lan_Zer0

Lan_Zer0

Heaven or Hell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

Tomb Raider Anniv Wii - $9
Mercury Meltdown Revolution - $5
Let me show you them.

#994 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:36 PM

In trying to take full advantage of this promo, I've "relieved" all of the Target stores within a 15 mile radius of me of all of their clearance games under $10. Now that this promo's still got life, pickings are quite slim. I've been spoiled by my Uncle Target. As with his help, I've only come out of my pocket about $20 or so, and racking up $350 in Gamestop credit. Maybe I shouldn't be so greedy. Or should I?

#995 malakas

malakas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:08 PM

Traded in Rumble Roses XX - got only $2.50 not the $3.00 listed here. (6/28)

#996 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

This must be YMMV... i went into my gamestop (western kentucky) and the guy looked through trade in bonuses when i asked and said it ended yesterday...

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#997 cheapbastard

cheapbastard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

Does anybody know if GStop takes in Xbox live Arcade Unplugged Vol 1?? I tried to sell it yesterday but the Gothic (luv those people) employee told me we dont buy demo games. I tried to reason with him but he was not budging.

#998 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:06 PM

^You're kidding right? Yes, I've traded in Arcade Unplugged (360) several times. It's currently getting $2.50 before edge/bonus.

Funny aside, I traded in the Fusion Frenzy 2 from the ESA triple pack and it clearly says on the box "Not For Resale". The clerk actually read that aloud then laughed and said "Yeah, right!" and proceeded to accept the trade in.

#999 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

Does anybody know if GStop takes in Xbox live Arcade Unplugged Vol 1?? I tried to sell it yesterday but the Gothic (luv those people) employee told me we dont buy demo games. I tried to reason with him but he was not budging.

Did you tell him they aren't demos?

#1000 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

Is this promo continuation YMMV? I called up my local GS and they have no idea if the promo is still going on. I'm thinking it was that specific employee that didn't know though. I'll try calling again in the morning since the manager who knows this stuff usually works at that time.

#1001 kmartgamer

kmartgamer

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:36 AM

i will gladly Paypal sum1 the money for resistance of for army of two for PS3, the full value of what GS will offe you. PM ME!
:bomb:

#1002 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:39 AM

Well, I can confirm that two GS employees says that its still going on, but no employee has a clue when it ends. Hopefully it is 7/20, need to build up my credit a bit more

#1003 UCLAevo

UCLAevo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:08 AM

i got $4 on splinter cell DA for 360

#1004 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

Is this promo continuation YMMV? I called up my local GS and they have no idea if the promo is still going on. I'm thinking it was that specific employee that didn't know though. I'll try calling again in the morning since the manager who knows this stuff usually works at that time.

It's not YMMV. The promo HAS BEEN extended until 07/20. Have your local Gamestop check their daily informer from late last week.

I traded in another 40+ titles today that I picked up from 2 different TRU stores which were $9.98-20% off clearance games AND in true CAG fashion, I stacked a bundle of 7 games with a $10 off $50 purchase coupon (which I printed multiples of and reused over and over despite the print that says limit one per customer) running until 7/1 making each game $6.25-$6.50 after tax. I then proceeded to flip them to my local Gamestops for $10.40 after EDGE. Sure $4.00 a game profit isn't much, but I made $5, $6 or more on some titles which pretty much doubled my money ! :D I got the $10 bonus on all of them with no cashier effort required, the computer did it automatically like it is supposed to.

Bummer was, I actually had to buy something today (of course using the 10% off new games coupon that is YMMV in my area (Northern California) but I still got it handled) to keep my EDGE card credit from hitting the maxed out ceiling of $1000 today.8-)

Looks like I will be set on my game purchases the rest of the year and then some ! :lol:

Thanks Uncle Target, Kmart, TRU, and of course to the CAG community and forums (Cheapy D and mods) !!

Happy hunting...or shall I say flipping...

Xfactor

P.S. Some of the titles were F4RSS, VT3, CHICKEN LITTLE, RATATOUILLE, ROBINSONS,FAR CRY INSTINCT, HARRY POTTER, GOLDEN COMPASS, BRATZ the MOVIE, and a couple more...

#1005 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:36 AM

It's not YMMV. The promo HAS BEEN extended until 07/20. Have your local Gamestop check their daily informer from late last week.

I traded in another 40+ titles today that I picked up from 2 different TRU stores which were $9.98-20% off clearance games AND in true CAG fashion, I stacked a bundle of 7 games with a $10 off $50 purchase coupon (which I printed multiples of and reused over and over despite the print that says limit one per customer) running until 7/1 making each game $6.25-$6.50 after tax. I then proceeded to flip them to my local Gamestops for $10.40 after EDGE. Sure $4.00 a game profit isn't much, but I made $5, $6 or more on some titles which pretty much doubled my money ! :D I got the $10 bonus on all of them with no cashier effort required, the computer did it automatically like it is supposed to.

Bummer was, I actually had to buy something today (of course using the 10% off new games coupon that is YMMV in my area (Northern California) but I still got it handled) to keep my EDGE card credit from hitting the maxed out ceiling of $1000 today.8-)

Looks like I will be set on my game purchases the rest of the year and then some ! :lol:

Thanks Uncle Target, Kmart, TRU, and of course to the CAG community and forums (Cheapy D and mods) !!

Happy hunting...or shall I say flipping...

Xfactor

P.S. Some of the titles were F4RSS, VT3, CHICKEN LITTLE, RATATOUILLE, ROBINSONS,FAR CRY INSTINCT, HARRY POTTER, GOLDEN COMPASS, BRATZ the MOVIE, and a couple more...

Heh...you missed out by trading any F4RSS to GS instead of Gamerush/Blockbuster ;)

$4-----> $30 TIV :D

#1006 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:38 AM

Heh...you missed out by trading any F4RSS to GS instead of Gamerush/Blockbuster ;)

:rofl:

#1007 UCLAevo

UCLAevo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:17 AM

what was the bratz TIV, and what platform?

#1008 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

what was the bratz TIV, and what platform?

Wii - $6.00 before EDGE & bonus

#1009 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

As far as I know, none of my Blockbusters have a Gamerush section :roll:

Xfactor

P.S. I only had one copy of it but Looks like I lost $20 from not going to Blockbuster ! :wall:

EDIT: Actually I just looked it up and since I am in Northern California, Sacramento Area there are NO Gamerush stores ANYWHERE CLOSE ! Looks like the closest ones to me are in Southern California Hours and Hours away ! :-| That is also why I never knew Blockbuster took in Trades ! Will Blockbuster without a Gamerush still take my trades for the same value as Gamerush and do all regular Blockbusters take trades ?

#1010 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

Blockbusters take trades.
Posted Image

#1011 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

Xfactor

P.S. I only had one copy of it but Looks like I lost $20 from not going to Blockbuster ! :wall:

EDIT: Actually I just looked it up and since I am in Northern California, Sacramento Area there are NO Gamerush stores ANYWHERE CLOSE ! Looks like the closest ones to me are in Southern California Hours and Hours away ! :-| That is also why I never knew Blockbuster took in Trades ! Will Blockbuster without a Gamerush still take my trades for the same value as Gamerush and do all regular Blockbusters take trades ?

Yes to all of that. As long as its a corporate store and not a franchise.

#1012 io

io

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:10 AM

Wait, you are in Sacramento? Last I heard there are GR stores there. When my one and only GR store here in the Pacific NW shut down they said they were sending all their stuff to stores in Sacramento and Fresno. I know there are none in the Bay Area though. Not that it matters - as others have said, you can go to any corporate store (as opposed to franchise locations). You can also try having Gamecrazy price match the Blockbuster trade-in value. I did that tonight ;).

OK, so I had a weird trade-in at Gamestop today. I took SMB and Far Cry (from TRU) and World Series of Poker and NHL 07 ($1.58 new at Fred Meyer) in for trade. I handed them a copy of the $15 bonus coupon which he had no problem accepting. But then when he did the trades he said the coupon didn't take so he had to override. But then for some reason I didn't get the Edge boost on the $15 trade ones, but I did on the other ones.

My receipt is wacky as hell (leaving off the part numbers and such for simplicity):

Super Money Ball -13.50
-1 @ -6.00
Bonus: -$7.50 Price Overide
Far Cry: Instinct -12.50
-1 @ -5.00
Bonus: - $7.50 Price Overide
World Series of P -9.13
-1 @ 3.00
Bonus -5.30 Price Overide
Disc: 0.83 Edge Card 10%
NHL 2007 -8.53
-1 @ 2.50
Bonus -5.25 Price Overide
Disc: 0.78 Edge Card 10%

Total was $43.66

What I should have gotten was $11 + $1.10 Edge + $15 bonus for SMB and Far Cry and $5.50 + $0.55 + $10 bonus for the other two for a total of $43.15, so I guess I came out slightly ahead just by chance. For whatever reason the system did not apply the Edge card bonus to the first two games at all but on the other 2 applied it to the total INCLUDING bonus. Too bad it didn't apply to the first ones - this is how I used to get tons of bonus credit back in the days when all these promos would require manual override - they never used to take that into account :lol:.

Afterwards as I looked around, I noticed he was talking to the other clerk about how he had to overide and they were then comparing my printed coupon to one of the real ones :oops:. I don't think they cared about the copy - maybe they were just making sure the promo code was the same so they'd know for sure they would have to do overrides next time.

But the point of all this is that apparently it hoses up the system if you try to get both promos at the same time (even on different pairs). He said it simply didn't apply at all when he entered the code so that's why he did the override. I guess I should separate the transactions from now on. Forgive me if this has been covered already - I had tons of stuff to get through in the Blockbuster thread when I came home...

#1013 hothitter

hothitter

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:05 AM

Traded X360-CoD4 ($25) and X360-World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions ($3) in today. ToC was a freebie my buddy gave me, when he got WSOP 2008. I figured $38 was about as good as I could get for Call of Duty 4 before it would start slumping down later this summer. Oh, and I'm knee deep in Battlefield Bad Company anyway, so it wasn't getting played.

#1014 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

Wait, you are in Sacramento? Last I heard there are GR stores there. When my one and only GR store here in the Pacific NW shut down they said they were sending all their stuff to stores in Sacramento and Fresno. I know there are none in the Bay Area though. Not that it matters - as others have said, you can go to any corporate store (as opposed to franchise locations).

Yep I am in Sactown area but there are no stores anywhere close to here EXCEPT Fresno which with the price of gas these days IS WAY TOO FAR AWAY to drive for me, especially since I am 30-45 minutes north of Sac ! :hot:

But the point of all this is that apparently it hoses up the system if you try to get both promos at the same time (even on different pairs). He said it simply didn't apply at all when he entered the code so that's why he did the override. I guess I should separate the transactions from now on. Forgive me if this has been covered already - I had tons of stuff to get through in the Blockbuster thread when I came home...

Yeah, I covered this earlier a few posts up. The scan/coupon promo for the bonus $15 ONLY works when you trade in ONLY 2 games on 1 transaction and each game must have a base TIV =>$4.00 each. FYI.

They had to manually override your transaction becuz you traded in 4 games at once which caused the TRADE 2 GAMES ONLY GET $!5 PROMO to malfunction, hence their manual adjustment. Also, nice that you got the 10% edge bonus on the whole thing and not just the base TIV. As you mentioned, another one of those benefits of when they manually have to override a trade value.

Good job using the YMMV SCAN of the NCAA preorder bonus coupon though. I think they were chatting about how the coupon was a SCAN or COPY though ! ;)

Xfactor

#1015 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

Cough: B2G1 info? Cough: :)

#1016 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Cough: B2G1 info? Cough: :)

No news yet my friend ..... :wall::-s:oops:

#1017 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

Hey if you people are taking advantage of thise continued trade in bonus This is also going on if anyone is interested in this and it was taken right off the site from the trade-in values page:

Get Spore Creature Creator FREE, Plus your regular trade value when you trade-in 2 XB360, Wii, or PS3 games!

Offer expires 7/20/08. Games with a trade value of $1.00 or less are excluded from offer. Other exclusions may apply. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers.

#1018 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

I'd rather take the $10 or $15 than Spore Creature Creator.
=========================
Posted Image

#1019 c.gibbits

c.gibbits

Back to the roots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

haha so last week i sucessfully made $2147 of gamestop credit. The best week ever.

#1020 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

haha so last week i sucessfully made $2147 of gamestop credit. The best week ever.

How the hell did you make that much!??!