Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Extra $10 trade BONUS on 2 Wii, 360 or PS3 Games Promo EXTENDED until 7/20 !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1439 replies to this topic

#1021 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

For the TIV Wiki: PS3: Sega Rally Revo - $8

#1022 ubermesh

ubermesh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

Is this promo continuation YMMV? I called up my local GS and they have no idea if the promo is still going on. I'm thinking it was that specific employee that didn't know though. I'll try calling again in the morning since the manager who knows this stuff usually works at that time.

It is posted on the gamestop website now, so it is not YMMV.

http://www.gamestop....ialty/tradeins/

#1023 sundoobie

sundoobie

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

^Link doesn't work

#1024 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

^Link doesn't work

It does, you just have to remove all the junk that the CAG referral system adds. It only seems to do it with Gamestop links.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1025 c.gibbits

c.gibbits

Back to the roots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

How the hell did you make that much!??!

a little bit of elbow grease and just from being a big cag.
;)

#1026 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

a little bit of elbow grease and just from being a big cag.
;)

I believe that you made $2000+, but I don't believe it's all profit.
Posted Image

#1027 xdl

xdl

Fast and Bulbous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

Bad news. Spiderman Friend or Foe - $5 before bonus and edge today, $10.50 total.

#1028 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

I traded in a few games today for a PSP Slim (which I have to exchance as I got a bad battery).

Super Smash Bros Brawl - 30

Bioshock - 11

Dead or Alive Extreme 2 - 3

Wii Play - 8

#1029 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

It is posted on the gamestop website now, so it is not YMMV.

http://www.gamestop....ialty/tradeins/

Yes !! \\:D/Right again....8-)

Xfactor

P.S. At least makes up a tiny bit for my faulty thus far B2G1 advance sale information. :-$ :oops:

#1030 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

Bad news. Spiderman Friend or Foe - $5 before bonus and edge today, $10.50 total.

What....damn it all

#1031 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

What....damn it all

Heh...I unloaded my last copy of that yesterday. Glad I did.

#1032 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

many drops seem to be YMMV
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#1033 io

io

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

many drops seem to be YMMV

Not really - except for some wacky pricing in one market (Kansas City/OKC area I think) everything has been uniform nationwide.

I updated the OP with the Spiderman FoF price and the new text from the web site finally reflecting the extension of the promo.

#1034 killer9

killer9

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

anyone know how much you get for a 256mb storage unit ?

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#1035 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

Not really - except for some wacky pricing in one market (Kansas City/OKC area I think) everything has been uniform nationwide.

Gotcha...

Today (um yesterday?) I received my $2 edge card, which was mailed within a month of today. Went to flip, but due to one game being $4 I couldn't get the $15 promo to work at all. Didn't really care because I still got $40+ with he edge!
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#1036 ubermesh

ubermesh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

Does anyone know if you can trade in the marvel/forza two-pack, and if it qualifies for the bonus?

#1037 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

Warhawk TIV is $10 before edge and bonus.
Posted Image

#1038 toocool17

toocool17

Gamer 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

I traded in the following on 07/01.

Wii:
Carnival Games $18
Zelda $17
Super Mario Galazy $20
Wii Play $8
Destroy All Humans $16
Guitar Hero III (Game Only) $11

Xbox 360:
Call of Duty 4 $25
Rock Band (Game Only) $16

#1039 RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

Not specifically a game trade, but the Guitar Hero 2/3 wired guitar for XBox 360 trades in for $15

#1040 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

I picked a 2 copies of NHL 2007 Xbox 360 for $1.58 each at Fred Meyer. If I flip them both at the same time, will it raise any eyebrow seeing 2 copies of the same game? I just don't wanna get banned yet.

#1041 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

I picked a 2 copies of NHL 2007 Xbox 360 for $1.58 each at Fred Meyer. If I flip them both at the same time, will it raise any eyebrow seeing 2 copies of the same game? I just don't wanna get banned yet.

It really entirely depends on the employee you encounter, how seriously they take their job and how junior detective they are. BBVs can only see their own trade in records. Unless you have an agreement with someone who works in the store or you can kinda tell that they won't care, I'd only trade in one copy at a time (or better, one copy to two different BBVs).

It does seem like they've been cracking down on people lately.

EDIT: I'm retarded and posted about BBV in the GS thread. The answer is almost the same, except that I think all GS can see your entire trade record. They might also say that it's "illegal." Unless you have a huge stack of games or you know the guy, I'd say it won't work.

Edited by GuardianE, 02 July 2008 - 07:56 PM.

#1042 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

It really entirely depends on the employee you encounter, how seriously they take their job and how junior detective they are. BBVs can only see their own trade in records. Unless you have an agreement with someone who works in the store or you can kinda tell that they won't care, I'd only trade in one copy at a time (or better, one copy to two different BBVs).

It does seem like they've been cracking down on people lately.

EDIT: I'm retarded and posted about BBV in the GS thread. The answer is almost the same, except that I think all GS can see your entire trade record. They might also say that it's "illegal." Unless you have a huge stack of games or you know the guy, I'd say it won't work.

What do you mean they've been cracking down lately? I'm not sure why it makes a difference to them if you're flipping games because they obviously still see it as profitable. Or are they concerned that they're buying stolen merchandise? If that's the case would they be better about it if you just brought in your receipt?

#1043 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

What do you mean they've been cracking down lately? I'm not sure why it makes a difference to them if you're flipping games because they obviously still see it as profitable. Or are they concerned that they're buying stolen merchandise? If that's the case would they be better about it if you just brought in your receipt?

That was about BBVs because in the BBV thread people were mentioning how they were getting banned. I don't think there's such a concern with GS, but they still won't let you do it in all likelihood. I haven't had much luck with it.

It has everything to do with the merchandise looking as if it's stolen. That will be the excuse anyway. They'll either fear it's stolen or think you're up to something shady. In any case, they reserve the right to deny your trades even upon producing a receipt. Most cashiers will chalk it up to "policy" and there's nothing they can do.

#1044 v1et r1ce

v1et r1ce

Formerly nikelecious91

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

Well I had two copies of Forza 2 and Fuzion Frenzy 2. The guy ringing me up said you can't trade in multiples of the same game, but another guy quickly stepped in and told him that I could as long as it isn't a crazy amount.

#1045 io

io

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

If you mix it in with a bunch of other games they probably won't even notice. If you are just doing those two then it is definitely YMMV. You won't get banned from GS (like you might at BBV), but they just might not let you do it. It would be best to pair them up with 2 other games and trade them separately. If that is too much trouble, just give it a shot. Just tell them the truth - you got them on clearance (for you and a buddy or something) and decided you didn't want them any more (don't have to tell them how much they cost!).

I've actually traded multiples a few times during this promo, but each time it was in a stack of 6-8 games total. I reeally don't even think they noticed as they usually process the trades pretty fast. Plus, unlike BBV, they get brownie points for how many game trades they get, so it isn't in their best interest to reject trades unless it seems really off (horrible condition or obviously stolen).

Edit - trade-in values updated with some drops reported in the BBV thread.
irishsoccermbw - Well, yeah... I was at a store about a year ago and a guy brought in a stack of Wii remotes and traded them for cash. They told him "this is the last time, OK - we don't need any more". So clearly the guy had done it before. I guess after being his pawn shop a few times they decided maybe it wasn't the best idea...

#1046 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

I dunno about that "obviously stolen" part. I went to GS today to get my last 5 gamecube games (my credit was raped by that coupon) and while I was waiting in line a guy infront of me asked for a used DSlite.

The GS people looked at each other and laughed, then one said "well we got a brand new one in a few mins ago, its obviously stolen from Walmart, it still has the stickers on it"

The guy asked if he would get the used price, they said yes and he was on his way. GS is most def. a pawn shop and don't give a flying Fuck about anything other then profits.

Still had the stickers from walmart on the unopened DSlite...

#1047 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

YMMV. Not all GS operate the same way and you may or may not come across an employee who cares. In my experience, it's less about the fact that they're stolen and more about the fact that it looks off that you have multiple copies of the same game and the cashier doesn't want to go aganist policy (as I believe it's an actual GS policy to not accept multiple copies in one trade in)

#1048 newguy 87

newguy 87

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

you cant trade in 2 of the same game at the same time

I may not be the the greatest Cheap Ass Gamer,

But ill be Damned if there is a better poor ass gamer than me.

#1049 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

you cant trade in 2 of the same game at the same time

Actually, I did this multiple times without any problem. Only trade 2 of the same copies at a time though, not more than that. So it depends on the location I guess. Just try it.

#1050 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

Two is fine. Anything more and it raises eyebrows. Make sure they're both opened.