Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Extra $10 trade BONUS on 2 Wii, 360 or PS3 Games Promo EXTENDED until 7/20 !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1439 replies to this topic

#1321 io

io

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

Wow, it doesn't really sound like you traded that many of any particular game though. I mean, did you trade, like, 20 of something over several days? It sounds like from your writeup that you just did a few of each one but that the manager remembered it. Now, I've had them remembering me being in there but they get so many damn trades in a day that I really don't think they even noticed what I was trading let alone remember if I did the same things before :lol:. So yeah, I peg the problem on that manager that made the smart-ass comment to you about the same game.

And yes, they create accounts for trade-ins that are somewhat independent of your Edge card. When they look me up (by phone number usually) they will often say they have 3 or 4 accounts for me - it is just that each time a different clerk would reenter the info from my DL and switch my first and middle name around (or not), misspell my name, things like that. They can, apparently, use your Edge card to look up an account if it is linked I guess. I had some of them doing that and it makes things go much faster for sure, though I guess I'd rather they not do that ;).

#1322 pinoyboy

pinoyboy

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

I was a little worried if I still had any credit, so I checked on the site and its still there:lol:

I was only trading for a month, but during that span, I built up a lot of credit. I began shortly after the TIV of stranglehold dropped. During this time, I did trade in a lot of the same game, but I never did have over 10.

I would have been fine, but like you said, that one manager noted my account to someone and they looked into it more deeply to find out what I traded at all other stores in the state. I think I ended up trading at 12 different stores.

So, if anyone wants to learn from my mistake, definitely spread your store credit over different cards. If they remember who you are, you might want to show up there less often.

Also, I'm in GA.

#1323 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

that's interesting pinoyboy, I've only been flipping for a week but made about $250 so far off the blockbuster sale. I don't see it mentioned anywhere on their site about store policies against taking multiple copies, and I don't see how flipping is wrong in any sense, just smart if you want to take the time to do it. I've gone to 4 Gamestops and I've definately found my bread and butter location with taking multiple copies. I traded something like 16 games at that location one day, 4 copies of Spiderman 3, 4 copies of Pirates, and almost every other game had a duplicate copy. Dude was the manager and he pretty much just shot the shit with me about Metal Gear Solid 4 and checked for scratches, absolutely no questions on what I was trading and why I had multiple copies. I figure I'll bleed this dry until all my Blockbusters are picked clean.

#1324 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

Does trading in the RB guitar work towards the extra 10?

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#1325 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

And yes, they create accounts for trade-ins that are somewhat independent of your Edge card. When they look me up (by phone number usually) they will often say they have 3 or 4 accounts for me - it is just that each time a different clerk would reenter the info from my DL and switch my first and middle name around (or not), misspell my name, things like that. They can, apparently, use your Edge card to look up an account if it is linked I guess. I had some of them doing that and it makes things go much faster for sure, though I guess I'd rather they not do that ;).

From my experience, the accounts are based on your phone number and they appear to be store-specific. I have traded at a couple different stores this past week and at the stores I had never traded before they had to create a new trading account for me with my name/address phone no, etc. I'm not sure if they keep edge card data with your store accounts or not. It sure would make sense, but I've never been given any of the edge benefits without presenting my card. Also anytime I have received store credit I have had to scan my card to have it put on there. So if they have the capability to link this all up, it is not being used at the store level. Possibly at a corporate level though.

It sounds like that one manager flagged you because he remembered you and he screwed you over. It is probably just bad luck on your part. One thing to consider next time is possibly creating different accounts with different phone numbers. Using your cell/home/work numbers would at least split up the credit between multiple "accounts" and possibly stop you from getting flagged by their systems.

Hail to Pitt!

#1326 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

Some prices from a n00b for games not listed (pre-Edge and $10 bonus):

Blue Dragon - $9.
Burnout Revenge - $5 ($1 drop).
The Outfit - $2.50.

Wii
Driver - $9.
Brunswick Bowling - $4.
My Word Coach - $3.

Accessories
Wireless Controller - $18.
Madcatz Arcade Stick - $10. (I think the lazy employee may have just put this in as a 3rd party wired controller, since he was looking for a while).

#1327 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

Man, that stinks pinoy. I've scattered my trades over 6 GS so I hope I don't get flagged for multiple copies. Fortunately, I don't do mutliple copies in one trade just in case. There are 4 GS within 5 miles of my house so it's easy for me to hit one every few days as I find clearance games. The other one is near work and the last one is on my way home from work. I think I'll move onto putting my next trades on another GC (from refunded deposit) I have just to be doubly cautious.

For the TIV list, MLB 2k7:ps3: trades in at $3 base. Everything else I've traded in is the same as the current listings.

#1328 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

I guess I should start being careful now. I've done most of my trades at one GS, but I've made sure that a new employee rings me up every time. I never get asked questions about what games I'm trading in so that's cool. I just don't know if I should buy 2 copies of Blacksite from that GS today...

#1329 chronojin

chronojin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

no more trades at GS for me. One GS employee denied my trades because corporate flagged my account. I asked for a number so I can speak with someone about it.

While on the way home, decided to go cancel some pre orders at another GS. I only did it because the guy who rung me up seemed cool at first, but he might have had something to do with my account being flagged(possibly called someone higher up to track my account?).

While I was there, I met the guy I was told to call. He was part of loss prevention. He kindly told me they can no longer accept my trades because I've traded multiple copies over many stores in the area(only one store let me trade multiple copies during one transaction, which I did twice). He said I'm free to come in and purchase stuff, but no more trading. I was sorta ok with it, I didn't give him a problem, shook his hand, and looked around the store. As I left, a different employee kinda gave me a dirty look

I still have the guys number, maybe I'll call sometime about clarification on the ban length(I'm guessing its permanent), and if theres a way I can have it lifted(bring a receipt saying I bought them?)

I haven't been flipping that long, but I did know you can get banned at BB for trading multiple copies. I was pretty careful with that, but getting banned at GS took me by suprise. I read posts where people said GS doesn't really monitor trades, but I found out they do.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :lol:

I had them say i couldn't trade OR purchase stuff from Gamestop anymore because corporate was looking into my trading history. The employee there also said something about loss prevention was wondering how i was getting all the stuff i trade in. This started apparantly because i had a bunch of headsets from the 3 month xbox live starter kits i had traded in. I do trade in alot of games to the Gamestops in my area when we find out about these clearances at other stores and have been for at least 4-5 years (no multiples)

I called them out on it and left the store pissed. I went to the next Gamestop and tried to trade in some games. Traded in 6 games, no problem. Bought some PS3 games with the coupon, no problem. Went to about 3 or 4 other gamestops just to see if they would give me the same grief as the first.

Seems like the only store who was being a bitch was the first one so i just won't be buying anything from that store anymore.

I'm almost tempted to contact Gamestop corporate about this cause it just seems like the one store is blowing smoke up my ass.

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1330 REL1203

REL1203

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Does trading in the RB guitar work towards the extra 10?

No, they dont work, but I am curios how much trade in is on a Wired Stratocaster, as I have one I am not using since I have the wireless one
http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203]http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203%5D

#1331 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

I was told just yesterday that with the recent system change they can bring up your account using the edge card, so the phone# / edge cards are now linked. I was also told that one of the stores I visit must have deemed me to be suspicious as my Height, eye color had been entered in the system, which I guess is unusual. My guess is it's all related to that goddamn +15$ coupon that forced me to go to GS's that are usually out of my way to keep the coupon use to 1 per store. Damn you Kunai, why are you so damn lucky!!!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1332 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

I was told just yesterday that with the recent system change they can bring up your account using the edge card, so the phone# / edge cards are now linked. I was also told that one of the stores I visit must have deemed me to be suspicious as my Height, eye color had been entered in the system, which I guess is unusual. My guess is it's all related to that goddamn +15$ coupon that forced me to go to GS's that are usually out of my way to keep the coupon use to 1 per store. Damn you Kunai, why are you so damn lucky!!!

I guess that confirms it for me. No more trading games at the GS I've been doing all my trades at. I'll actually go out of my way to trade in games now.

#1333 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

I had them say i couldn't trade OR purchase stuff from Gamestop anymore because corporate was looking into my trading history. The employee there also said something about loss prevention was wondering how i was getting all the stuff i trade in. This started apparantly because i had a bunch of headsets from the 3 month xbox live starter kits i had traded in. I do trade in alot of games to the Gamestops in my area when we find out about these clearances at other stores and have been for at least 4-5 years (no multiples)

I called them out on it and left the store pissed. I went to the next Gamestop and tried to trade in some games. Traded in 6 games, no problem. Bought some PS3 games with the coupon, no problem. Went to about 3 or 4 other gamestops just to see if they would give me the same grief as the first.

Seems like the only store who was being a bitch was the first one so i just won't be buying anything from that store anymore.

I'm almost tempted to contact Gamestop corporate about this cause it just seems like the one store is blowing smoke up my ass.

personally I would cut my losses and be done with it... if you can still go to the other stores it doesn't seem worth it to bring more attention to yourself just for one store... you could possibly end up banned at all stores! but that's just me...
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#1334 Kaydee09

Kaydee09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

hey guys! im planning on starting to do some trading in and i have a question. if you do like big trade-ins with something that will give you about $50 and above, do they give you cash or only store credit? hope you guys can help me.

#1335 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

You can take credit or cash, but if you take cash, you only get 80% of base trade value. No trade bonuses on cash trades.

Basically, you're gonna have to trade in quite a bit to hit $50 cash, as you will not get the $10 for every 2 trade bonus.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1336 Kaydee09

Kaydee09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

cool! thanks for the help!

#1337 nbskid

nbskid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

I traded in four wii games yesterday, for the first time. This is what I got (Including edge card, and the 5 dollar extra trade in, since it's trade in two for extra 10)

Madden 08-12.70
Zelda, Twilight-23.70
Raw Vs Smackdown-16
No More Heroes-13.80

Yep! Oh, and they offered me 2.00 (before any bonus) for Battallion wars 2, but I turned it down.

#1338 lude21

lude21

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

just traded- all ps3

Virtua tennis 3 - $8
NHL 2k7- $2.50
With $10 bonus $20.50

Same store, separate transaction
Virtua tennis 3 -$8
Tony hawk project 8 -$6
With $15 bonus $29

So total was $49.50, not bad considering i paid $17 for all of them at Sears. YAY!!...BTW i had no problems at all.

#1339 io

io

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

From my experience, the accounts are based on your phone number and they appear to be store-specific. I have traded at a couple different stores this past week and at the stores I had never traded before they had to create a new trading account for me with my name/address phone no, etc. I'm not sure if they keep edge card data with your store accounts or not. It sure would make sense, but I've never been given any of the edge benefits without presenting my card. Also anytime I have received store credit I have had to scan my card to have it put on there. So if they have the capability to link this all up, it is not being used at the store level. Possibly at a corporate level though.

One time a couple weeks ago I brought the wrong Edge card (my old expired one) and they looked up my account by phone number and pulled my real Edge card from that - so they definitely can put it on there. It was a big relief as I was 20 miles from home and wanted to get rid of about 8 games!

Edit - Yay, people actually posted new trade-in values - OP has been updated to this point...

#1340 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

Edit - Yay, people actually posted new trade-in values - OP has been updated to this point...

Forgot mine: MLB2k7 for PS3, $3. It's in the list as ??. I feel left out.:cry:

#1341 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

only update I've got atm is

Bionicle Heroes - $1.50 ($.50 drop from OP)

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1342 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

TIV both for Wii and b-4 bonuses

Tiger Woods 08-$16.00
The Godfather-$8.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1343 io

io

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Forgot mine: MLB2k7 for PS3, $3. It's in the list as ??. I feel left out.:cry:

Sorry, I checked on NHL 2K7 and thought I was done with the 2K7 sports titles ;).

#1344 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

traded in MX vs. ATV Untamed today for $15. Was $21.50 after Edge and promo bonus.

#1345 toocool17

toocool17

Gamer 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

Assassins creed for the 360 has dropped to $7.

#1346 311grassroots

311grassroots

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

I haven't flipped many games but I have the same problem with employees blurting out how much credit I have on my card. I'm saving for a Wii ya nosy b*tch!

#1347 gotrice415510

gotrice415510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

anyone kno a cheap game to flip
help me out with this, i only need one more referral that will complete an offer >>>http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=249445

#1348 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

I flipped a Chromehounds with no manual from the Blockbuster sale and a copy of Super Monkey Ball from the TRU sale into $19 earlier.

#1349 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:09 AM

anyone kno a cheap game to flip

Wow....just.......wow..... :applause:

#1350 hukt

hukt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:55 AM