Contest (CAG Foreplay #45): Win Beyond Good & Evil (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #45, CAG Robjus was kind enough to donate a copy of Beyond Good & Evil for the PC.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone and thanks again to Robjus.

Gotcha Force for the Gamecube. It has ninjas, robots, angels, tanks, big guns, and swords. Great fighting game. I'm actually playing it while listening to the podcast right now.

also woo first poster.

There are many high-profile games that deserve sequels but I will say Ehrgeiz. Partly because a fighting game featuring Square Enix characters would be awesome. They just need a team that could do it, Itagaki? Also partly because I want to hear how the shipwrecks will pronounce the title.

A sequel to Eternal Darkness would be amazing. Too bad Silicon Knights is all busy with Too Human for now.

Without a doubt, I believe Skies of Arcadia should get a proper sequel. It's been rumored for quite some time now, but still nothing!!

A Geist sequel would actually work really well on the Wii, I think. The main problem with the original game was the controls.

Also, Shadow of the Colossus. That game was definitely hindered by being on the PS2.

A next gen release of the sublime puzzle game Adventures of Lolo would be awesome especially if Nintendo allowed for some sort of user created content it would then have a massive amount of levels i know it technically has 2 sequels but it has never been released on anything but the Nes and the Gameboy.

Until it is physically in my hands, I would say Beyond Good & Evil. If that doesn't count ... let's say River City Ransom.

I would choose Advent Rising, it was supposed to be a trilogy but the game tanked and they cancelled it. I personally loved it though

Luigi's Mansion - It was kind of quirky and short, but I enjoyed it very much and would like to see how the game fares with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.

Conker's Bad Fur Day needs a sequel I think. Just because it could probably do well in today's M rated beef fest of a gaming market.

I would love to see a sequel to Okami.

After that, I'd like to see sequels to Vagrant Story, Grim Fandango, Threads of Fate, Skies of Arcadia, and Psychonauts.

Crystalis (NES) needs a sequel! It was the second action RPG (Zelda being the first) I ever played and it was hella fun! I remember riding around on a dolphin and getting lost LOL!

I think Shenmue II damn well deserves a sequel - though as per the rules, my alternative choice would Project Seaman (a real sequel).

direct sequel to Chrono Trigger please. i do not consider Chrono Cross a sequel to one of the greatest RPGs of all time...

and for the RTS fans, a sequel to Ring of Red would be awesome~

Rez is a masterpiece as is, but I certainly wouldn't object to 5 (or 10!) more levels.

Also...Portal 2.

Oh man...so many titles worthy of sequels. I'm gonna go with the first that comes to my mind though, and say a next-gen version of Shenmue. Along with JSRF. Or perhaps LucasArts should just drop force unleashed and make Battlefront III :p

I *need* a sequel to XIII. It was the coolest game for the gamecube when it came out and the art was amazing. It actually felt like you were playing in a comic. Also Rez 2 needs to be made.

I vote for Eternal Darkness. I have never been sucked into a game so much, that I couldn't stop until I was done. Awesome game.

I would love to see a sequel to Clayfighter 63 1/3.

It was great, despite being a parody of other fighting games. If it retained its classic stop-motion claymation and prerendered backgrounds, it would have room for a ton of new characters, new levels, new combos, and enhanced Claytalities. You could be gaming on it for years - or at least significantly longer than Brawl.

I guess ive always felt shorted w/o a "true" quality sequel to Secret of Mana. But w/ that said since there have been other Mana games the next on my list is Secret of Evermore. Its a really fun but overlooked game and its from my favorite time in video game history back in the 16 bit era :)

[quote name='whataboutbob?']I guess ive always felt shorted w/o a "true" quality sequel to Secret of Mana. But w/ that said since there have been other Mana games the next on my list is Secret of Evermore. Its a really fun but overlooked game and its from my favorite time in video game history back in the 16 bit era :)[/quote]

I'll second that. Sure, SoE didn't stack up to SoM --to which it owed more than obvious inspiration-- but it was Squaresoft's very first project, and for that, it was a commendable debut. We're only left to imagine what they might've done had they been given opportunity for a second try.

A sequel to Terranigma for the SNES. Fantastic game.

Also, I think Chrono Trigger should get a sequel. Although I do very much enjoy Chrono Cross, it is a totally different game altogether.

Psychonauts! Raz's adventure is just beginning, now that he's
officially an official Psychonaut and Truman Zanotto, Grand Head of the Psychonauts, has been abucted by nefarious unknowns!

Vagrant Story. :pray: Oh god, please come out with a new Vagrant Story.

Square needs to get off their ass, knock off this Final Fantasy crap, and get Matsuno back on a sequel/prequel/remake/whatever.

Second Sight. Damn fine game. I would love for the team to craft a Next-Gen version of that with another good story line, similar tight control scheme and less enemy "spontaneous generation" from a room you cleared out but people continue to pour out of as soon as you leave.

The original 3wave ctf for quake one (with the grappling hook bound to mouse 2, not a seperate wep slot like the axe). Most fun online FPS EVAR!

Valve should do it like they did deathmatch classic.

Daikatana totally deserves a sequel. Here' a big fuck to everyone who never took the time to get past the first level, and then labeled the game as crap.

Super Mario Allstars 2: The Honorable Mentions (for DS)

Includes some of the Second tier mario games that didnt make it into the first
Super Mario Allstars.

Marios Picross
Marios Time Machine
Paper Mario
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Super Mario Land 3
Super Mario RPG
Dr Mario
Marios Early Years

Ok, some of those games will suck, but i would still love to have a Mario Collection for my DS

Actually i would rather have a version of Super Mario Allstars for my DS.

My gamer cred wants me to say Psychonauts, but I would be most fired up about a Freedom Fighters sequel. I loved that game on the Xbox and it is one of the few games that I have played through in its entirety more than once. I have thrown it in to show it to friends before, and each time I ended up playing through the whole game again. I believe it was made by the folks at IO Interactive (Hitman, Kane & Lynch) and there was a sequel in development, but it never came out.

[quote name='mprice']My gamer cred wants me to say Psychonauts, but I would be most fired up about a Freedom Fighters sequel. I loved that game on the Xbox and it is one of the few games that I have played through in its entirety more than once. I have thrown it in to show it to friends before, and each time I ended up playing through the whole game again. I believe it was made by the folks at IO Interactive (Hitman, Kane & Lynch) and there was a sequel in development, but it never came out.[/quote]

If anything, that choice gives you more gamer cred in my book because everyone's taken up the Psychonauts cause by now. How could I have forgotten Freedom Fighters?! It was so much more than I could ever have expected from a low-profile EA release. I think the impression everyone had of the game --without playing it-- was that it was a quick and dirty, generic action game but if it was, it was a damn fine one!

a gunvalkyrie sequel with alterable control schemes would be quite welcome in my home. hell, i think i'd even settle for some bc on that one.

(my true desire is for shenmue 3 above all else, but hey what're ya gonna do?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back