• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#3091 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

Lets wait for this:

Is it bad if I gave the BB district manager a copy of the PS3 flips along with how much each of the B1G1's is worth at GS?

Only a matter of time :lol:

538822.png

#3092 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

When I was asked why I was picking up duplicates of the same game (4 copies of one title) I just looked at them and said:

"Games for underprivlaged kids, Sir. You know Toys for Teens" No questions asked after that.

I wouldn't understand why BBV wouldn't want you to take the garbage that is clogging up the racks. Its not hurting them and I promise no one will be buy those Golden Compasses, Pirates, Or Spiderman 3 Games....unless they are flipping them.

I have come clean to 3 or 4 BBVs in my area. Since coming clean and explaining whats going on, the employees there are now much nicer, allow me to trade in whatever i want whenever i want with no limits to the number of same game titles BECAUSE TRULY it says on their trade screen the number they allow AND OFTEN its well over 100 :). But that was just my experience. And yes i had to show receipts.:roll: Going to 10 diff BBV in one day trading in 2 a piece is mad suspecious and will get you banned same day. They will add a flag to your account saying the games were possibly stolen. TRUST ME. I only have problems now when i want to give my local BBV a break and go off to some store with a Jr. Detective.

#3093 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

it only takes one person to ruin things for everyone else. i think i am done for the time being also. i see the same employees about every other day and they are probably getting suspicious of me. today i got turned down trying to use the 25% coupon for HC:BFtP and the dude told me to print out the whole page and come back. guess i will go enjoy some of the games i purchased until things calm down and for RSV2 you can add me :D. just got this game to play with my friend online.

i have $200 left in gs credit and $5 in bb credit. hopefully i can turn that $200 to a new xbox 360 from bb.

See I don't understand that. My GS managers don't care at all about the coupon. As a matter of fact the one guy told me to go grab a bunch of his other crap games to use the coupon on and get the discount. It helps there numbers out by selling used and gets crap out of the store.

#3094 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

My I had a heck of a day...

I went to 3 different BBV (all with in a 5 mile radius from my house) I picked up 16 used games (which used all $90 of my BBV credit)

so then it was flipping time.....I went to 3 different gamestops trading in 6 games at a time (Most were Spiderman 3, Spider man foe or friends, shrek the Third) after all promos I did...

90 BBV credit---> $170 GS Credit (not too bad since I can actually put to use my credit now)

When I got to the last Gamestop, All of the Computer systems were down corporate wide, so they could not issue credit or take trade ins....so Im like no biggie I will just come back later, with my head held high from the profit I recieved from flipping, I walk to my car put the key in the ignition, and it wouldent turn over....Battery died.....I got a jump....Head to wal-mart to buy a brand new car battery, they had every battery EXCEPT the one I needed, sold out (Only $52.98) Wal-Mart has EVERYTHING except what you need.

so I head to Pep boys and had to buy a $90 battery....so their went my profit :(
Posted Image

#3095 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

Going to 10 diff BBV in one day trading in 2 a piece is mad suspecious and will get you banned same day. They will add a flag to your account saying the games were possibly stolen. TRUST ME. I only have problems now when i want to give my local BBV a break and go off to some store with a Jr. Detective.

Well been there. During the Beowulf days. I was "Banned" for trading at one location. The other 4 that I go to know me and don't care that I trade 2 copies of a game to them nor am I banned. Its also because I don't get too greedy and just trade 2 copies at the store and thats it. Never two on the day or transaction. Again I figure 8x a game is plenty. No need to get greedy. Also, the BBV managers of the 4 stores LOVE ME. I cleared out all there old games and I pre-order some stuff there Star Wars, Madden, etc all preorder and payed off minus one dollar. One at each location gotta spread the wealth.

#3096 Karuto

Karuto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

Feeling good, feeling great! I just added $35 to my Blockbuster credit and $30 to GameStop with any loss when I moved Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Time Crisis 4 from GS to BB and bought several games back. So, now up to $315 at BB and $180 at GS, and that was from $340 at BB and $52 at GS before today! And I don't even know what I'm going to buy!

Maybe I'll follow up and actually buy NCAA 09 for my great friend at GameStop, who does such an amazing job (which you normally don't see). ;)

#3097 msam

msam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

Alright, last day of flipping I think for me, but some final tallies

$202.17 total spent on games/acquiring Edge Card
19 games traded to BBV @ 539.50 in credit
At least 46 games traded to Gamestop (lost my receipts for the first day, already threw em out, probably more around 70)
At least 42 receipts total
4 PS3 Coupons Used, 7 Xbox 360 Coupons used,

Got a MGS4 PS3 Bundle with 126.00 in BBV credit and 72 left at GS.

Again, I'd like to thank IO for the great list, and everyone for keeping so up to date on the best flips.

Also managed to lock my keys in my car, snag 2 VGA Cables/Universal Media Remote/64MB Memory Cars for the 360 for 29.64 total at Sears, and only used about $30.00 in gas in a span of 4 days.

#3098 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

I went to BBV for a second time today to exchange some games that were scratched. The guy asked me If I knew how to put custom firmware on a PSP. He told me he'd give me some free games If I hacked his PSP. Looks like I have a friend at Blockbuster now.

#3099 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

Today a cashier made me do 3 different trade ins at GS because I had 3 copies of Golden Compass. She also wanted to make me do different purchases to buy both copies of Eye of Judgment.

Also MtR :360: is $3.97 at CC (I think that is with 20% off though, which ends tonight)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3100 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:55 PM

Oh, I forgot to say, there is a BB on 17th st, in santa ana area that is very very nice. Both the managers are woman and one is old. The other one has a 360 so is fairly knowledgeable about games. They had no idea about the b1g1 sale until I told them, sort of weird. But she took EOJ from me no questions asked. I even said "Wow that gets a lot of credit, I have another one maqybe I'll bring it in." and she said Sure! So if you need a BB to trade into, not to buy from, try there if your in the area. Their b1g1 stuff is very limited, its not a GR store.

Just dont ruin it for everyone, I made friends with the managers so I hope they will be ok with me trading stuff in in the future.

edit: I also forgot to add that I played Blue Dragon adn well, I just didn;t like it, but I'm not a JRPG fan. So I traded that in with the RSV2 i had to GS, not bad. FYI I already have RSV2 for the 360, well now after the 25% off 360 coupon last week.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 12 July 2008 - 11:59 PM.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#3101 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

I traded in some Games from BBV to GS I swear one of the employees looked at me like I stoled them or something

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3102 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

I traded in some Games from BBV to GS I swear one of the employees looked at me like I stoled them or something

If your speaking is like your typing, I can imagine why. Good ol Cow Pee.

538822.png

#3103 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

also this bioshock I got at Bb for $20 is brand new. I didn't realize it but it still has the Microsoft seal around it. It was in those clam shell cases, so are they 19.99 for a new or used copy. Mine just has a sticker on it that say 19.99. It wasn't shrink wrapped, just the sticker seals were on it.

also this DS3 is WAYYYYYYY better than the sixaxis, night and day. the weight and the joysticks are much better (the clicking R3/L3), plus rumble.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#3104 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

It was kind of tough taking those stickers off BBV cases I try to make them look spotless but the ones with the barcade tend to leave residue, any tips?

#3105 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

I successfully traded in RSV2 @ 5:00 p.m. today with no problems at all

#3106 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

It was kind of tough taking those stickers off BBV cases I try to make them look spotless but the ones with the barcade tend to leave residue, any tips?

just bring in the discs. thats what I've done the last 3 trips to GS. I carefully peel off the stickers from 1-3 BB cases and then put all the games in those, like 5-6 discs in each. I've only gotten 1 refurb charge too.

edit: checked my receipt I've actually had 3 out of 32 games get refurb when just doing the discs. but 2 were $1 ones for $4 total. but only one guy told me, god they're so sneaky with those refub fees aren't they.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 13 July 2008 - 12:17 AM.

#3107 deadlykeyboard

deadlykeyboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

How do you guys trade in stuff to other BB's?

Do you give them your membership card or do you make an all new account?

#3108 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

just bring in the discs. thats what I've done the last 3 trips to GS. I carefully peel off the stickers from 1-3 BB cases and then put all the games in those, like 5-6 discs in each. I've only gotten 1 refurb charge too.

edit: checked my receipt I've actually had 3 out of 32 games get refurb when just doing the discs. but 2 were $1 ones for $4 total. but only one guy told me, god they're so sneaky with those refub fees aren't they.

Bringing in discs only? I never do that knowing how some are anal about refurbish fees and generic cases! Also that would make it look like your trying to make a quick getaway or something! ;)

#3109 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:27 AM

This thread is absolutely insane.

I love it.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#3110 deadlykeyboard

deadlykeyboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:28 AM

Nah man, GS employees really don't care about cases. The refurbished fees apply to the actual disc, whether or they're scratched or not.

Honestly, they don't care about cases.

#3111 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:31 AM

Seems like someone has been flipping at my local BBV, found some clean F4 and Viking Cases.....with the GS stickers still on the spine -_- And of course, pretty much cleaned out except for one set of games. Shoulda asked if anyone came in buying a few dozen games XD

#3112 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

Nah man, GS employees really don't care about cases. The refurbished fees apply to the actual disc, whether or they're scratched or not.

Honestly, they don't care about cases.

Maybe your just lucky out of the last 20 trades from BB to BS I did so one of them really got anal about blockbuster cases and took off some fees, they were mint and complete too! Btw he looked like that fat guy who rips off kids from the Simpsons. I'll try to avoid that GS for now

#3113 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

Maybe your just lucky out of the last 20 trades from BB to BS I did so one of them really got anal about blockbuster cases and took off some fees, they were mint and complete too! Btw he looked like that fat guy who rips off kids from the Simpsons. I'll try to avoid that GS for now

You'd think they would be happy getting a case since they dont need to use their own generic cases.

#3114 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

I can see how some GS employees would be picky about the cases, but usually they dont. My local one is picky as hell so i dont trade there anymore unless I know the game is either new or perfect. I also look at it like this, I now have a bunch of dvd/game case, although they still have the BB stickers on them, they were essentially free.

The real reason I didn't want to bring in the cases, without stickers, was that about 70% of the games I've gotten from BB lately have been in the black BB stamped cases which I dont want o bring into GS, and you shouldn't either. Hopefully GS will be slow to catch on to the BB flips.

oh, also if your looking for a fairly good and cheap GC controller, the gamestop 3rd party one I got is pretty good, the buttons are a bit mushy, but fine. For $15 credit I'll take it, plus its white to go with the Wii. But I still cant find any used GC mem cards, all the GSs I've been to have been out. I needed one since I've been stocking up on GC games. I got at BB Time Splitters 2, Killer 7, RE4, and something else.

Also, is Katamari Damacy for ps2 rare, at all I saw it my BB for $15 but passed, but if anyone wants one I can pick it up if its still there.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 13 July 2008 - 01:01 AM.

#3115 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:07 AM

While I was at a BB today (one that I don't normally go to, its far), going around with a list, pulling some games so I assumed it was price drops. So, I asked her if any were going down to $14.99 and she said the price drops were effective tomorrow. I already knew price changes happened Sunday, I just wasn't thinking clearly at the time. Anyway, unfortunately I forget which title she said, but I'm pretty sure it was either Turning Point or Frontlines (probably Turning Point).

Anyway, point of the story is that some new game(s) will be $14.99 starting tomorrow. These ladies were really on the ball (pulling the games a day in advance) but I suspect most locations won't even bother with the price changes. so, we'll have to figure out what the game(s) are. It'll probably been another good one for flipping back to GS (for example, Turning Point sells for $29.99 so its gotta have a decent TIV).
Posted Image

#3116 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:08 AM

Also, is Katamari Damacy for ps2 rare, at all I saw it my BB for $15 but passed, but if anyone wants one I can pick it up if its still there.

Apparently it isn't.... I picked it up during the last B1G1 thinking that it was rare, but apparently not. Gamestop even had it in the Game Days sale brand new for $10 or something I think.
Posted Image

#3117 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

Apparently it isn't.... I picked it up during the last B1G1 thinking that it was rare, but apparently not. Gamestop even had it in the Game Days sale brand new for $10 or something I think.

Yeah. I picked up Katamari Damacy for $8.99 at GS about a week ago.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#3118 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:28 AM

FYI; Gamestops have tons of extra cases. Every time I trade in a game without a case, the manager or employee whips out a brand new 360 game case. There's tons of them behind the counter.

#3119 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:43 AM

Skate (PS3) could be another decent flip from GS to BB for those looking to move credit. It'd be $17.54 after coupon and Edge. Not sure what it gets at BB, but it's probably worth looking into.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#3120 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:43 AM

So, my game haul from the B1G1 wasn't too great, just PSU and Kameo (Yea I know, I'm not flipping/hoarding, wtf eh?) BUT I found this...

Posted Image

If I can find one like this from A Clockwork Orange I will be uber-happy. 14.99 on this. Very nice.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699