The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#4891 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

BB/GR has been selling Blastworks new for 29.99 since it was released so I doubt there is much (if any) flip potential.

They were for a while, but then they raised it back up to $39.99. I think they must not have gotten the memo on what MSRP was supposed to be. Having said that, I still doubt there's much, if any, flip potential.
Posted Image

#4892 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

I mentioned this in the Gamestop ad/coupon thread, but for all of us who flip games from GS to BB, this will come in handy. Maybe its old news, but I just noticed it this morning.

When Gamestop overhauled their website, one big complaint we all had was that you only saw the 3 closest stores that had an item in stock. Looking at other areas required trying other zip codes. Well, it looks like they heard the complaints because now there's a 'view more' link that shows a more fleshed out listing of stores further out from the zip code.
Posted Image

#4893 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

EDIT: Uh-oh! Is there another potential big flip here with Blast Works? http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=191676

BB/GR has been selling Blastworks new for 29.99 since it was released so I doubt there is much (if any) flip potential.

They were for a while, but then they raised it back up to $39.99. I think they must not have gotten the memo on what MSRP was supposed to be. Having said that, I still doubt there's much, if any, flip potential.

Just called...Blast Works BB/GR TIV is $9.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#4894 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Can anyone give me a link to GS game stock locator please? Also, say I trade in SSBB (original TIV=$30) with 4 other games at GS (5 total) and with the promo and edge stacked together, I'd get 40% more trade in credit which would mean that SSBB would yield me $42??? Also, I just noted that the TIV for Boom Blox is $20 at gamestop which with the promo would yeild $28 if you dig what I'm gettin at.

Edited by GoVols, 25 July 2008 - 03:43 PM.

#4895 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

When Gamestop overhauled their website, one big complaint we all had was that you only saw the 3 closest stores that had an item in stock. Looking at other areas required trying other zip codes. Well, it looks like they heard the complaints because now there's a 'view more' link that shows a more fleshed out listing of stores further out from the zip code.

Too bad it still doesnt list quantity. :cry:
=========================
Posted Image

#4896 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Well, my trip tonight netted me a Patapon to keep

I can't stop playing Patapon! Any of you who own a PSP (or will be getting one soon), definitely nab a used copy at BB if you see one. It's fun.

Too bad it still doesnt list quantity. :cry:

True, but at least this latest enhancement is a step in the right direction. Makes it a little more convenient, then you can always call to double check and/or ask about quantity. I've had some GS clerks refuse to tell me quantity a couple times for whatever reason. I've even been denied when trying to buy all the copies of a used game before once or twice. "You need to leave at least one for other people". Dude, isn't the whole idea of Gamestop to sell as many used games as possible? Baffled my mind.
Posted Image

#4897 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

were you using multiple coupons at the same time? or like walking the stuff to your car & coming back w/ another coupon & using it again? or was it just cause it was black & white? seems sorta crazy. but gamestop employees are constantly afraid of being fired from what i understand. that's why i think they push pre-orders so high.

NOPE. I did try using an extra $15 coupon, was told I couldn't and asked why I had a copy, told them I just found it online. So I just traded my stuff with the extra 30%, and he wouldn't let me use the other coupon only because it was black and white and therefore a copy. I only put it through because the manager was doing stock or something behind the counter and another employee was ringing me up...and he had forgotten to yank the pennied Mario Galaxy CE Guide out of my hands. So, I'll just return them to the shitty store in the mall that I have a grudge against.

Just called...Blast Works BB/GR TIV is $9.

Ah, lame. Oh, well, just trying to keep an eye out. Thanks for checking.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4898 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

Can anyone give me a link to GS game stock locator please?

Just go to ebgames.com. Top leftish will have a search box.

>>If you're only looking for NEW games you can skip this part, I always throw in madden for simplicity. Then scroll to the bottom, click SHOW.
Posted Image
Then you can look for games that may only be available USED.<<

Enter in the game you're looking for. Then you'll get a screen like this. Click the game you're interested in.
Posted Image

It'll then take you to something like this. Enter in your zip and hit GO and you should have a listing of the closest stores that have the game you're looking for.
Posted Image

Also, I just noted that the TIV for Boom Blox is $20 at gamestop which with the promo would yeild $28 if you dig what I'm gettin at.

Is there a good price on Boom Box somewhere?
gwensigol8.png

#4899 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

Is there a good price on Boom Box somewhere?

I have been looking too, but I have not found a good price for Boom Blox

#4900 jraypeon

jraypeon

I've made a huge mistake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

now with the best overlapping promos over, the thread is so much slower haha

#4901 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

went to bbv today to return Mario Power Tennis for GC (the disc wasn't in the case) and they just refunded me $16.08 in cash back O_o pretty awesome...

Also traded in the following:

Octomania (Wii) - $23
WarioWare (Wii) - $23

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#4902 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

Here are a few more TIV's at BBV for today:
Fishing Master (Wii) = $16
Puppy Love (Wii) = $23
Blacksite Area Area 51 (PS3) = $33

#4903 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

Heading to Blockbuster soon(No gamerush), any games that I can grab from GS that have a high trade in cost??
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#4904 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

Heading to Blockbuster soon(No gamerush), any
games that I can grab from GS that have a high trade in cost??

Oh
My
Fucking
God!
You must be joking.
Seriously.
Would you like some movie reviews too?

#4905 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

Heading to Blockbuster soon(No gamerush), any games that I can grab from GS that have a high trade in cost??

Here's a list of some great flips (mostly 3 to 1 in $!):

#4906 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:43 PM

A quick question... Has the 20% off EB/GS expired yet?

Secondly, Spiderman 3 for the 360 has dropped to $4, making it foodstamps.

Posted Image

#4907 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

You know. I feel kinda bad buying an Eye Of Judgment w/ starter deck & booster pack for $9 shipped off of ebay considering i'm flipping the game for $36 and can get $20 cash just from 3 of the cards in the deck. Ah well, Gods & Clods I guess.

I got myself another 2 Fatal Inertias for $20 total. I also got a 360 version of Kane & Lynch for $12 (by mistake, no idea if the 360 version gets the same amt as PS3).

538822.png

#4908 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

A quick question... Has the 20% off EB/GS expired yet?

Yes it expired.

I am now down to my last $13 in BBV credit. I currently have 8 games to bring to GS later on and I'm thinking of buying 2 more later on. I've sold 2 $9.99 games and 1 $14.99 for $10 cash to people I know :). I would have told them that BB had those games on sale, but I cleaned all the BBV's around here of those certain games. I was also watching my friend play Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony that I sold him and I regret not keeping my second copy>_<. It actually looked like fun.

In the end I'll have about $220 GS credit with $30 in cash. Then when I come back from vacation I'll be buying my sister a PSP with my credit(to avoid taxes ;)) and she'll be paying me $200 in cash. I'll have $230 to buy clearance games and flip to BBV. Hopefully, there will be some more gems like F4 in late August/early september.

And now that I come to think of it. I haven't played video games in almost 4 days. I know what you all are thinking, but I haven't been using more than 1 hour and half a day towards flipping. Usually just 1 hour. Maybe now though I can finish up Ninja Gaiden 2 and a couple of other games.

Edited by DarkRider23, 25 July 2008 - 09:06 PM.

#4909 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

Oh
My
Fucking
God!
You must be joking.
Seriously.
Would you like some movie reviews too?

Well, not terribly, I don't rent many movies;););) Was the History Channel game like $30 trade in at BBV????
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#4910 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Well, not terribly, I don't rent many movies;););) Was the History Channel game like $30 trade in at BBV????

Read the god damn thread?

#4911 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

Read the god damn thread?

All he has to do is read a certain post. Not even the thread...

#4912 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

does anyone have any luck pre ordering Madden PSP pack at GameRush or BB?
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#4913 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

does anyone have any luck pre ordering Madden PSP pack at GameRush or BB?

A couple of people have confirmed that they are taking orders for the Madden PSP. I would go get it at GS to avoid $14 in taxes though.

#4914 deadlykeyboard

deadlykeyboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Are you saying GS doesn't charge tax?

My GS charges tax...

#4915 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

A couple of people have confirmed that they are taking orders for the Madden PSP. I would go get it at GS to avoid $14 in taxes though.

BB charges tax because they give you sales tax on the trade-in...so its kind of six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Oh, but for pre-orders at BBV, though, you only pay tax on the final price. I put 88.99 down on Wii Fit (max amount is MSRP - $1) and paid 1.08 to pick it up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4916 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Are you saying GS doesn't charge tax?

My GS charges tax...

Different tax laws for different states. I never get charged tax when using store credit.

BB charges tax because they give you sales tax on the trade-in...so its kind of six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Oh, but for pre-orders at BBV, though, you only pay tax on the final price. I put 88.99 down on Wii Fit (max amount is MSRP - $1) and paid 1.08 to pick it up.

What do you mean they already pay you tax? If the $33 TIV already has taxes put into it, I understand. But does your BB give you $33+tax or something?

#4917 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

i want to get it in GRush or BB cus i have tons of credit at GS that i can flip to BB.

#4918 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

What do you mean they already pay you tax? If the $33 TIV already has taxes put into it, I understand. But does your BB give you $33+tax or something?

Yes. Every BBV in a 25 mile radius except for one gives sales tax on top of the $33 TIV...so its actually about $35.XX TIV ;D

i want to get it in GRush or BB cus i have tons of credit at GS that i can flip to BB.

Then pay it in full if you have enough credit; theoretically, you should be able to save on the tax, but YMMV.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4919 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

Different tax laws for different states. I never get charged tax when using store credit.

for my BB trade in, they give you tax. For Example $10 TIV and plus tax that is my total value at my card, but when you use it, it charges tax. so it is all even out.

#4920 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:37 PM

for my BB trade in, they give you tax. For Example $10 TIV and plus tax that is my total value at my card, but when you use it, it charges tax. so it is all even out.

You see, mine doesn't do that. I get the $30 TIV and then when I buy something I get charged tax. I always lose money because of tax.

I just got back from BBV to use my remaining $13 in credit and I bought dead head fred in hopes that it would be a good flip... Sells for $9.99 used at GS. Crap flip FTW!