Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#4921 io

io

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

Oh, boy - here we go again with the different tax issues ;). This comes up without fail about once every 3 months or so. Just to add to the mess: when traveling for work in the past I would sometimes trade at BB's in MD and VA. In MD I would not get tax added to my trade-ins while in VA I would. You actually make more money in places where they give you the tax, of course, because chances are you bought something much cheaper to flip so you gain on the sales tax. I thought that was pretty weird. I only ever bought one thing out there though (a 1600 points card when my local stores were completely devoid of any new games or accessories) and paid tax on it of course (in VA - didn't try buying in MD).

#4922 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

Woot! I'm finally done with the flipping until August 26th when I come back from vacation.

My running totals for this month are:

$220 in GS credit
$40 in cash
and a $130 gift card from BB that got stolen/lost.

Not a bad month at all considering I started with $40 in BBV credit on the 2nd or so. I had to gradually work my way up and was always short GS credit when there were a lot of good flips around. If that first gift card hadn't mysteriously disappeared into an employee's hand I would easily have had about $300 in GS credit.

And for the OP I have;

:psp:Dead Head Fred $9.99->$4.20

I also bought Afterburner: Black Falcon and it is a fun game. If any of you have a PSP, I suggest giving it a try. Afterburner back in the Sega Genesis days was such a fun game. This game was definitely worth the $10 my cousin paid me for it ;). And if you guys have ever played a game like Runescape or Diablo(who hasn't?) give Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony a try too. Surprisingly, it is a lot of fun even though it only has a 7.4/10 on GameRankings.

Edited by DarkRider23, 25 July 2008 - 11:29 PM.

#4923 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

$4.20 sounds like a GS TIV of $3. Is that really BBV?
Posted Image

#4924 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

$4.20 sounds like a GS TIV of $3. Is that really BBV?

No idea what you are trying to ask me.

It's $9.99 at BBV and it trades into GS for $4.20(base of $3.00).

#4925 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

Happened to be in Toys R US and there was a HUGE supply of super monkey balls and Fantastic Fours (wii). This was strange because they were sold out during the whole flip thing some weeks back. So i still figure ill grab one of each to keep for myself and what do you know they BOTH scan $20. And BOTH rung up $20. Guess they thought the certain surge in demand for these games were because people wanted them to keep and not flip.:roll:

#4926 hukt

hukt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

my bad wrong thread

Edited by hukt, 26 July 2008 - 12:02 AM.

#4927 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

(Updated my Spreadsheet with the smorgasbord of TIVs today. Find it in my signature.)

Forget it, I thought you were posting the BBV TIV since this is the BBV thread but I forgot Io added the TIV for systems other than the X360 to the first post.

Edited by Brenex, 25 July 2008 - 11:47 PM.

Posted Image

#4928 io

io

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:56 PM

And if you guys have ever played a game like Runescape or Diablo(who hasn't?) give Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony a try too. Surprisingly, it is a lot of fun even though it only has a 7.4/10 on GameRankings.

I've been looking for this forever. I think it was $5 at Best Buy or somewhere a while back. I couldn't find it there and have not seen it at the 8-10 BB's I've been too since B1G1 started. It isn't like Manhunt 2/Star Trek/VT 3 where every store has a converted rental available.

#4929 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

I've been looking for this forever. I think it was $5 at Best Buy or somewhere a while back. I couldn't find it there and have not seen it at the 8-10 BB's I've been too since B1G1 started. It isn't like Manhunt 2/Star Trek/VT 3 where every store has a converted rental available.

I've found two copies of Dungeon Siege in 2 stores total. The first one had it for display, but the second one had it hidden under a stack of games. The 3rd store I visited didn't have it. Good luck finding it. You could try asking a manager to convert a rental copy into a used copy.

And I just noticed. I haven't found one VT3 in the 5 stores that I've visited. Don't know how you guys have found so many. I've seen one Star Trek and way too many Manhunt 2's.

Edit - I just edited out the word "though" about 4 times. Using that word way too much today. It makes my sentences sound awkward.

Edited by DarkRider23, 26 July 2008 - 12:24 AM.

#4930 vgmben

vgmben

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

just got back from trading in two fatal inertia's..... not bad considering i got two copies for like 13 bucks each from amazon. I pre ordered soul calibur and they had the free art frame, the Girl also gave me a free GTA 4 art frame which was awesome.
also stopped by starbucks for a free vianno drink which tasted like crap... love being a CAG'er tho.:rofl:

#4931 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:19 AM

Over the past 2 days I have found 2 gold mine BB's with alot of good games to trade with the coupon. I have bought 20 games total and still have like 8 more to buy...but I am tapped out of BB credit and have a bunch of GS credit...looks like i'll have to head over to Best Buy and see if they have any Octomania's.
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#4932 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

just got back from trading in two fatal inertia's..... not bad considering i got two copies for like 13 bucks each from amazon. I pre ordered soul calibur and they had the free art frame, the Girl also gave me a free GTA 4 art frame which was awesome.
also stopped by starbucks for a free vianno drink which tasted like crap... love being a CAG'er tho.:rofl:

The framed art is out? Sweet, gotta check out my BBV before the 29th ;)

Nothing to see here, move along!

#4933 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

Friday TIVs -

:wii: HC: BftP - $23
:ps3: HC: BftP - $30

BTW, saw some Kingston flash memory at a GR yesterday. SD, 2GB microSD, 1GB USB, 2GB USB. I think all the 2GB stuff was $19.99, while the 1GB was $9.99. Just another thing we can spend credit on, but I still wish it was cheaper. ;)

#4934 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:18 AM

My store had the flash memory as well. I'd still much rather have the Amazon gift cards.

538822.png

#4935 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:25 AM

My store had the flash memory as well. I'd still much rather have the Amazon gift cards.

huh? sorry I haven't been following the thread shenanigans lately.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#4936 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

huh? sorry I haven't been following the thread shenanigans lately.

Certain stores sell Amazon, and other retailer gift cards. Its a test market thing, like how other stores sell electronics, have Kinkos, Starbucks, and other stores inside as well.

538822.png

#4937 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:19 AM

Certain stores sell Amazon, and other retailer gift cards. Its a test market thing, like how other stores sell electronics, have Kinkos, Starbucks, and other stores inside as well.

you mean BB? wow I never knew that. I gotta check next time I'm in. Can you use your trade in credit?

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#4938 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:56 AM

I've noticed some overpriced flash memory. but no giftcards as of yet. May I ask what region the giftcards are?

Nothing to see here, move along!

#4939 judgeTurpin

judgeTurpin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:03 AM

you mean BB? wow I never knew that. I gotta check next time I'm in. Can you use your trade in credit?

it's ymmv...they usually put a sign that says cash only for gift cards...when the stores around me had them...i usually bought a lot of the gift cards with credit...it depends on the employee...some let me use credit..others didn't...kinda sux though coz for some reason, they took them out of all the stores in my area...:cry::cry:

Currently playing:

Wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
PS3: CoD: Ghosts

#4940 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:04 AM

Yeah, they had 1 GB thumbdrives and micro SD cards for $9.99 ea., 2 gig stuff was $19.99 at a BBV I visited the other day. Totally forgot to mention it, as I was too pissed about the GS stuff.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4941 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:35 AM

Yeah, they had 1 GB thumbdrives and micro SD cards for $9.99 ea., 2 gig stuff was $19.99 at a BBV I visited the other day. Totally forgot to mention it, as I was too pissed about the GS stuff.

hmm, 2 gb for one octomania isn't bad at all.

#4942 io

io

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:38 AM

I know people are putting the current GS deal down compared to the $5 bonus deal, but I did pretty good tonight. I took $32.50 worth of BB stuff and got $60 for it at GS. That's about a 1.85 ratio which puts it a little worse than using the $15 promo but probably a little better than using the old $10 one. Plus there is a much wider selection of games to use (every store I've got to has had Iridium Runners and multiple Golden Compass, Bee Movie, Manhunt 2 (PS2, not PSP), and I've found lots of other stuff like Spyro, Cars Mater National, THPG, etc, that work well too.

And I've just bought the BB stuff while I was out looking for PSP games for myself (not too much luck with that so far - the store I was at tonight had all of 1 single PSP game for sale). I still have another 11 games to bring to GS (two stacks each with an Iridium/Golden Compass/Bee Movie + some other filler). I plan on hitting the Mall with 2 GS stores in it tomorrow and converting another $43.50 into about $80 more at GS.

#4943 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:48 AM

I know people are putting the current GS deal down compared to the $5 bonus deal, but I did pretty good tonight. I took $32.50 worth of BB stuff and got $60 for it at GS. That's about a 1.85 ratio which puts it a little worse than using the $15 promo but probably a little better than using the old $10 one. Plus there is a much wider selection of games to use (every store I've got to has had Iridium Runners and multiple Golden Compass, Bee Movie, Manhunt 2 (PS2, not PSP), and I've found lots of other stuff like Spyro, Cars Mater National, THPG, etc, that work well too.

And I've just bought the BB stuff while I was out looking for PSP games for myself (not too much luck with that so far - the store I was at tonight had all of 1 single PSP game for sale). I still have another 11 games to bring to GS (two stacks each with an Iridium/Golden Compass/Bee Movie + some other filler). I plan on hitting the Mall with 2 GS stores in it tomorrow and converting another $43.50 into about $80 more at GS.

This deal has the potential to be better than the extra 10 deal when you consider that the games don't have to be current gen. There seems to be a plethora of Iridium Runners, Meet the Robinsons, and The Golden Compass at every single store. This deal is even sweeter for those who have GSs that are participating in the extra %50 trade-ins.

Only problem now, how do we get BBV credit?

It's actually pretty easy to get a 1 to 1 flip from GS to BBV (no longer able to gain credit both ways), and gain some more credit when flipping from BBV to GS. All of this is ironic since we're usually flipping games from GS to BBV for credit.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#4944 io

io

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:23 AM

Only problem now, how do we get BBV credit?

I dunno... I had done very little GS->BBV flipping even when the coupons were active and I still have a few hundred left at BB. And that doesn't count my Coke Rewards gift cards (probably about $125) which I consider as separate money from my general gaming stuff. Basically, I could keep running Blockbuster's junk game inventory over to GS as long as I can stand it. But that won't be for much longer - after my run tomorrow I may do one more set just because I want to keep searching for PSP games at BB (and can't pass up buying the Iridium/Golden Compass pair when I see then everywhere). The upside to all of this is that my trading profile at Blockbuster has been very low recently but my purchasing profile has been through the roof. They are happy to see me now ;).

But there are regular Joes out there finally hitting up this B1G1 sale. I went to one of the more heavily trafficked stores tonight and their B1G1 rack was getting bare. I think that's why I'm not finding the good PSP stuff any more - even those Manhunt 2's are getting bought up by "regular" folk. No one is touching the Golden Compass's, Bee Movies, and other stuff like that though so there's always something to get for GS even if I can't find anything for myself.

I mean, I thought about how it was convenient for me to get new games from my local Blockbuster and I'm sure they will get all the big stuff like Animal Crossing, Guitar Hero World Tour and/or Rock Band 2, etc... But then I figured if I can turn $35 of my BB credit into $60 at GS, well, then, I can just buy those things at Gamestop instead ;). It is kind of ironic - now that Blockbuster is actually getting good stuff in stock along came all these promos to convert all our credit from there to Gamestop. It's good for Blockbuster though - they've cleared out way more converted rentals than they would have otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------

All these copies of Iridium Runners (and all 3 I bought are absolutely mint) made me wonder about it a bit:

http://www.metacriti.../iridiumrunners

So it came out just this year! That explains the mint condition of most copies at BBV and the higher than expected trade-in value at Gamestop. it looks like it was released as a budget title ($20) and has decent reviews for what it is. I'd almost be tempted to keep one but I know I'll never play it - I have a huge enough backlog of AAA PS2 titles that I'll probably never play :lol:.

#4945 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

ok, I guess I'm off to work. I'll be making stops at Albertsons (convert change into amazon cert), Best buy (2 or 3 octomania w/ 10%coupon). 2 BBVs to trade in octomanias and grab $46 worth or flippable games. And then to GS to trade in and hopefully find a Nyko Wii sensor bar and power supply, which the Nyko site says my local GS carries them, and also the GS website.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 26 July 2008 - 12:41 PM.

#4946 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Found some nice PSP games last night. Gun Showdown, Manhunt2, Harvest Moon, Patapon. ALL are disc only. This one particluar BB must throw out the original cases because most games are in clear cases and mispriced.
There was also a Zelda TP(gamecube), disc only.
Going to check a few other stores before I lay out hard earned credit for disc only games.
Trying to stretch out last of BB credit without having to stoop to getting Octomania at BestBuy.

#4947 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

$14.99 :ps2: FFXII, :psp: From Russia with Love, Pursuit Force, :xbox: NGB, SW: BII, :360: NBA Street Homecourt, Sega Rally Revo
$9.99 everything else
$6.99 :ps2: N: BfVI, :xbox: Psychonauts
$4.99 :ps2: GC, Iridium Runners, :xbox: SW: KotOR

GS TIVs:

Friday TIVs:

:ps2:
Bee Movie - $6
Brunswick Pro Bowling - $4
Cars: Mater-National - $6
FFXII - $6
Golden Compass - $4
Iridium Runners - $5
Kingdom Hearts - $4
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night - $6
Manhunt 2 - $6
Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island - $4
Ratatouille - $4
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $6

:psp:
From Russia With Love - $7
Need for Speed: Underground Rivals - $5
Pursuit Force - $4
TMNT - $7

:xbox:
Ninja Gaiden Black - $10
Psychonauts - $4
Star Wars: Battlefront II - $8
Star Wars: KotOR - $3

:360:
NBA Street Homecourt - $5
Sega Rally Revo - $5

#4948 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

finally picked up something for me: Metal Slug anthology PS2..i've been wanting this for a while but never got to actually buying it...so i only got 2 things for myself from blockbuster during my tenure as a flipper (this and NBA 2k8 360 - which is 24.99)

i keep seeing iridium runner/golden compass combos, but i keep passing on them because i didn't know which other games to get and i already have a pair of GC/IR sitting at home waiting for 3 other games to go with them :/

Edited by swetooth9, 26 July 2008 - 03:04 PM.

#4949 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

NBA 2K8(360) is $14.99 now? Looks like I have to pick that up today...it was mistagged at $24.99...
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#4950 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

NBA 2K8(360) is $14.99 now? Looks like I have to pick that up today...it was mistagged at $24.99...

sorry, that's not what i meant...nba 2k8 is still 24.99, but i decided to just pick it up anyway with all the credit i had

my bad on that comment :-#