The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#4951 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

I've been thinking lately, I really miss my ps2, sold it through cag $60.

And GS has the mgs4 bundles in stock. Soooooo, maybe I sell my PS3 here on cag. And when I get the MGS4 bundle sell the DS3 and MGS4 game (hopefully $80 at least).

But this all depends what I can get for a 40 gb PS3. And how much credit I can build up in a week or so.

Anyone care to help me out, I'm not too knowledgeable on selling/buying on cag.

Orrrrrrrrr, is it much more economical for me to just buy a PS2 at GS, but thats another system I'll have to stick somewhere + all the cords. Not the option I want to take.

Ahhhh f*ck it, after crunching some numbers its not worth it. Oh well, I guess if I want BC I'll just get the real thing, a PS2.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 26 July 2008 - 03:51 PM.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#4952 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

I'd almost be tempted to keep one but I know I'll never play it - I have a huge enough backlog of AAA PS2 titles that I'll probably never play :lol:.

Speaking of Iridium Runners Io, have you seen the underside of the disc? It is covered with... Iridium! :lol:

Oh well, I guess if I want BC I'll just get the real thing, a PS2.

I think I may not get a PS3 and just keep my PS2 for the same reason. I thought maybe if I could get one of the release systems (20 or 60 gb) with the emotion engine I would but nah. I'll reconsider it in a few years when they release a slim PS3. I love my slim PS2:D

Edited by Brenex, 26 July 2008 - 03:56 PM.

#4953 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

Now, I'm debating on if I should try to make an offer to the store manager at a couple of BB/GR around me to clean out their $14.99 selections. I'm cool with several of them and I've had two of them jokingly make me an offer to just buy out these titles. It was funny because the second time they actually said something like, "Give me 200 bucks and you can have all of them." which I smiled because it was three plastic bins full of stuff that would easily get me a ton of GS credit.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#4954 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

I got myself another 2 Fatal Inertias for $20 total.

So you're the guy who keeps outbidding me. :lol:

Hey io, when this thread hits 5000 posts (5000 posts!!!) can we have a new one? Please? And don't you guys go and drive up the post counts to race to 5000.

I'm watching. Posted Image
gwensigol8.png

#4955 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

Now, I'm debating on if I should try to make an offer to the store manager at a couple of BB/GR around me to clean out their $14.99 selections. I'm cool with several of them and I've had two of them jokingly make me an offer to just buy out these titles. It was funny because the second time they actually said something like, "Give me 200 bucks and you can have all of them." which I smiled because it was three plastic bins full of stuff that would easily get me a ton of GS credit.

the thing is...would they take store credit? :D

#4956 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

Here's another worthless post to add to the 5000 total. I can't keep track of this thread anymore.

#4957 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

time to move to a new thread!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#4958 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

+1 post to raise to 5000 lol

This thread needs a restart soon.

#4959 cdeener

cdeener

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

the thing is...would they take store credit? :D

I would be paying in cash my good sir because I don't have anymore BB credit at the moment. Also, just to be nice because based on what I saw game wise they had at least 400 bucks worth of stuff left at one store.

#4960 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

I know people are putting the current GS deal down compared to the $5 bonus deal, but I did pretty good tonight. I took $32.50 worth of BB stuff and got $60 for it at GS. That's about a 1.85 ratio which puts it a little worse than using the $15 promo but probably a little better than using the old $10 one. Plus there is a much wider selection of games to use (every store I've got to has had Iridium Runners and multiple Golden Compass, Bee Movie, Manhunt 2 (PS2, not PSP), and I've found lots of other stuff like Spyro, Cars Mater National, THPG, etc, that work well too.

And I've just bought the BB stuff while I was out looking for PSP games for myself (not too much luck with that so far - the store I was at tonight had all of 1 single PSP game for sale). I still have another 11 games to bring to GS (two stacks each with an Iridium/Golden Compass/Bee Movie + some other filler). I plan on hitting the Mall with 2 GS stores in it tomorrow and converting another $43.50 into about $80 more at GS.

I thought about this flip, but passed. After 2 weeks of burning myself out mega flipping, not to mention what will certainly be more crooked looks from flunkly store clerks, I just can't bring myself to find 10 PS2 games to make $25-$30 in GS credit. Too much work, zero motivation at this point. The $10 bonus @ GS was great though, $10 in BBV credit converted to $20 in GS credit on just 2 games. Then flipping crap like Blacksite 51 back to BBV for $33, when it only cost $17 in GS credit, I considered a good use of my time and gasoline. Conversely, finding 3 or 4 dozen PS2 games just to make a few added bucks in GS credit would just be work at this point. The earlier flips were actually somewhat fun on top of being profitable.....

#4961 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

I thought about this flip, but passed. After 2 weeks of burning myself out mega flipping, not to mention what will certainly be more crooked looks from flunkly store clerks, I just can't bring myself to find 10 PS2 games to make $25-$30 in GS credit. Too much work, zero motivation at this point. The $10 bonus @ GS was great though, $10 in BBV credit converted to $20 in GS credit on just 2 games. Then flipping crap like Blacksite 51 back to BBV for $33, when it only cost $17 in GS credit, I considered a good use of my time and gasoline. Conversely, finding 3 or 4 dozen PS2 games just to make a few added bucks in GS credit would just be work at this point. The earlier flips were actually somewhat fun on top of being profitable.....

It seems like you're never going to be flipping from BBV->GS anymore then. The B1G1 and an extra $10 deal will probably never happen again. Still making money like this flipping from BBV to GS is a god send if you ask me. Breaking even or losing $2-3 store credit when flipping from BBV to GS was actually exciting back in the day.

Edited by DarkRider23, 26 July 2008 - 05:48 PM.

#4962 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

I step away for two minutes and this is what happens. Y'all are gonna be in big trouble... when I get back and feel like dealing with it.
gwensigol8.png

#4963 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

It seems like you're never going to be flipping from BBV->GS anymore then. The B1G1 and an extra $10 deal will probably never happen again. Still making money like this flipping from BBV to GS is a god send if you ask me. Breaking even or losing $2-3 store credit when flipping from BBV to GS was actually exciting back in the day.

yup once a blue moon deal huh? both sides overlapping with deals, I was actually using the $15 more coupon for this deal, still got a few more games to unload at GS

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#4964 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

I feel the opposite, the rush on 360 games was like work. Get as much as possible as quick as possilbe, then the deal was extend, so my range of how far i'd go grew.
Now that i got a bunch of credit, i'm enjoying searching for those PS2 and PSP gems more causually.

#4965 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

I just wish that the area that has around 5 BBV wasn't 20-25 miles away from me. I only have 1 and not only is it not a GR (actually none of the ones I have been to are,) it never even ran the B1G1 deal. Lame

#4966 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

True, the glory days are probably over (for now). No doubt, I was spoiled by the $10 promo, we all were. I agree the current PS2 BBV--->GS flip makes money, I guess I have enough credit @ both places to last for a year at least. Hopefully something profitable to exploit, with less running around than the current PS2 flip, will present itself in the coming months. In the interest of full disclosure, I am wrapping-up my last flip, where I spent $50 in cash to convert to $115 in BBV Credit. Granted, I had to spend $50 @ Best Buy (5 copies of Octomania), but the $65 profit took all of 20 minutes and less than a gallon of gas. I'll take the convenience of a 2.3x return and using cash, over a 1.8x return which takes time and gas. Probably not an approach for everyone on this board, but I'm fine with it, plus I actually have time for playing games;)

#4967 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

I'm just waiting for a GS promo to transfer credit back to BB. Now that I've emptied all the credit at BB, I actually want to go purchase stuff there :roll:

Hopefully I can make $200 in GS credit last for the next 5 months without having to spend any cash on games. Thank goodness there's a lull in big releases, at least until October.

#4968 wolfpackgamer

wolfpackgamer

Black Friday Crusader

• CAGiversary!

finally picked up something for me: Metal Slug anthology PS2..i've been wanting this for a while but never got to actually buying it...so i only got 2 things for myself from blockbuster during my tenure as a flipper (this and NBA 2k8 360 - which is 24.99)

i keep seeing iridium runner/golden compass combos, but i keep passing on them because i didn't know which other games to get and i already have a pair of GC/IR sitting at home waiting for 3 other games to go with them :/

Was this at the BBV in Cameron Village? I passed on that game b/c I didn't want to end up flipping it. BTW have you traded a lot off Pleasant Valley on Glenwood?

#4969 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

I'm far too lazy to keep going from BBV to GS with last-gen games. I'm quite content with a 6x flip of $50 -> $300, espescially since it didn't cost me anything in real money other than gas. I've still got $70 at GS that I'm waiting for a decent way to spend.

Someone find me the best (and most fun) way to spend $70 in GS credit. I've got a 360, a Wii, a PS2, and an Edge card. HELP SPEND JJ'S $70!

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#4970 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

Was this at the BBV in Cameron Village? I passed on that game b/c I didn't want to end up flipping it. BTW have you traded a lot off Pleasant Valley on Glenwood?

nope...i don't go to that one..too far away

i have been to the pleasant valley store a few times, yes

which stores do you go to?

#4971 cdeener

cdeener

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

I'm just waiting for a GS promo to transfer credit back to BB. Now that I've emptied all the credit at BB, I actually want to go purchase stuff there :roll:

Hopefully I can make $200 in GS credit last for the next 5 months without having to spend any cash on games. Thank goodness there's a lull in big releases, at least until October.

It depends on what you play because it only is a few that I'm getting before October:

Soul Calibur PS3,Xbox 360 4 7/29
Too Human 8/19 Xbox 360
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames PS3,Xbox 360 8/31

Edited by cdeener, 26 July 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#4972 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

The Final Fantasy Tactics game for PSP is 14.99, something worthy of noting. The only copy I found didn't have its original insert, unfortunately. Total killjoy.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#4973 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Im wondering, what exactly do they do with all the inserts and manuals? When they do sell an original case with the insert, the manual for me is always missing. And for those blockbuster cased games, did they just happen to throw away the whole thing?

Nothing to see here, move along!

#4974 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

I wouldn't doubt that they just throw them away. Like all these other companies that just throw stuff away whether it be penny guides or the day's bagels no one bought. I believe someone else said that BBV throws away the game cases they originally come with to replace them with the security cases, or something to that extent.

#4975 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

I suppose they could all just be thrown in a box, and then emptied when full -_-

Nothing to see here, move along!

#4976 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

I would love to work at BBV part time and see the kind of stuff I could snag that would go to the dumpster. Hm also GS to get those guides and insider information on the future deals. I did see a booklet of future deals with all the coupons in it behind the counter for the next few months.

#4977 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'm guessing most of the manuals are stolen. They usually put the manuals in the rental cases so people have a manual to read/look at when they rent the game.

#4978 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

Have you guys seen any Street Fighter games on PS2? I thought i saw a Street Fighter Anniversary Collection but can't remember the price or location i saw it at :(

#4979 nautdilly

nautdilly

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

well in my store we keep the inserts and manuals but once in a while they get thrown away, but never on my watch. as for manuals not being in cases its because since all manuals are in a box its quite hard to find so unless we see it right away while doing the rental to used product we dont put it in. But u can always ask to have them look for it, but never had one person ask for the manual when selling a used game.

#4980 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

I guess I'm just a stickler for those kind of things. I look for the best copy of a game when I go shopping at GS and look for the one with all the inserts. Found a non GH Morrowind GoTY yesterday with the map and manual in mint condition. I choose not to buy things unless they come relatively complete so probably wouldn't buy much at BBV since most stuff is missing the manual.