The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#5611 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

Got power pros for the ps2. And can't find a list of controls for it anywhere. Anyone have a good resource?
Posted Image

#5612 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

Guys, I screwed up (went to BBV but forgot my list from the 2nd post) I mistakenly bought the wrong system versions of 2 games (shrek the 3rd and SpiderM FOF). Does anyone know 1. whether I can return them for any reason or is it only if something is wrong with them and/or 2. can they be returned to any blockbuster or just the one I bought them from.

#5613 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:43 AM

Got power pros for the ps2. And can't find a list of controls for it anywhere. Anyone have a good resource?

www.gamefaqs.com

#5614 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

Thanks JJSP for the TIV! :)

#5615 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

Guys, I screwed up (went to BBV but forgot my list from the 2nd post) I mistakenly bought the wrong system versions of 2 games (shrek the 3rd and SpiderM FOF). Does anyone know 1. whether I can return them for any reason or is it only if something is wrong with them and/or 2. can they be returned to any blockbuster or just the one I bought them from.

How could you get them for the wrong system if only the 360 versions fell within the B1G1 paramters???????:dunce: I'm assuming they were only to trade at Gamestop.

Back to your question: your best bet would be to return each to a seperate BB\GR that doesn't have any left in stock under the premise that they "didn't work" (returning both at once would certainly be stretching the credulity.) So yes, any Blockbuster should do. This is probably your safest bet to get a refund in credit. You MIGHT be able to get away with just explaining that you grabbed the copies for the "wrong system" by accident, but unfortunately neither myself or (I hope!) other CAGs here ever made such a mistake to verify this.

#5616 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:35 AM

Well, I traded in two sets of games at two different GS today so my trade ban has obviously been lifted. I really don't think GS cares about the number or even duplicates of games you trade in, I think they are just concerned about taking in stolen games. Then again they didn't have a problem taking 20 brand new dual shock 3 controllers at one store from one guy, so what do I know?

#5617 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:19 AM

I hate when GS throws in the damn refurb fees. I luckily found a Power :Fuck: 'n Rangers and base TIV was 9.00. Damn fee was 3.00; a whole 33% of the trade in value. Though I was irked, dont get me wrong, I still got 13.50-3.00 using the Madden coupon and Edge for 50% for a game that was $5 in BB credit. I think I finally paid off my edge card using the 10% bonus on my trades, so its a wash there. Now all the 10% bonus for the next 11.5 months is graaaaavy.

And I now have enough for the new PS3 80GB when it comes out, woot!

#5618 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

what is the Power Ranger thing? I've been trying to find what you are talking about in past pages but not getting anything.

Also, I am a little nervous about buying 2 copies of Octomania or whatever, won't the GS employee get suspicious? I guess I'll say one is for a gift.

#5619 io

io

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:10 AM

what is the Power Ranger thing? I've been trying to find what you are talking about in past pages but not getting anything.

Also, I am a little nervous about buying 2 copies of Octomania or whatever, won't the GS employee get suspicious? I guess I'll say one is for a gift.

It's in the second post: Power Rangers Super Legends.

I made a run to the Mall this evening with the family to do one set of trades and pick up Octomania. Each Mall store only had 1 Octomania. As for buying multiples, Quintox, they really don't care if you BUY multiple things. Or at least they shouldn't - aren't they in the business of selling stuff? ;). I wouldn't worry about it - just say you want 2. It's none of their business and the are much less likely to refuse sales than trade-ins.

Then we had to rush home to pick up my daughter from a bday party but I convinced my wife to let me make a side trip to a BB. I really just wanted to dump one of the Octomanias there and save myself a trip Sunday or Monday. This store was pretty stripped of B1G1 stuff last time I was there a week ago.

But lo and behold, TWO copies of Power Rangers were sittin' there for the taking! I couldn't believe it - they must have converted both rentals over at this store. If only the other stores around here would even convert 1 copy. The problem, of course, is that I now need 4 other games to pair with each one unless I use the Madden coupon. And the thing is, I used the Madden deal earlier on a 6 game trade. I fully paid off a 360 Madden and had about $4 left over. But I'm not sure it is worth the hassle as now I'll have to deal with switching the preorder later and all I got out of the coupon was an extra $4.20 over the regular promo. I don't think I'll use it again as that ain't worth it.

I did also get 2 PS2 Golden Compass, 2 PS2 Spiderman Friend or Foe, and Manhunt 2 and Harry Potter Order of Phoenix. I took a chance on that last one as we don't have a quote for it yet (it is $6 for 360, and likely to be the same for PS2 as that matches similar games like Bee Movie, Barnyard, etc). Or maybe not - just checked gamestop.com and it just dropped from $17.99 to $14.99 so it is probably only $4 (or $5.60 after bonus). Well, as filler it will do I suppose.

So I guess I still need 2 more filler games to make 2 5-game trades. Looks like I'll be heading out tomorrow again for a real run (as opposed to the little side trips I've been making the last few days with the family in tow ;)).

I'm also really curious as to what the Power Rangers game gets at Gamecrazy. I think I'll stop by one first tomorrow and, after trading my last Iridium Runners and a SoF Payback there I'll see what it gets. But then I'd be stuck with 2 PS2 Golden Compass and that would be tragic :lol:. I kind of forced myself to come up with 2 sets after buying 2 GCs and 2 SM FoFs to go along with the Power Rangers'. But if Power Rangers trades well at Gamecrazy then I can load up on them tomorrow without needing to find 4 other games to go with them for GS. Though I suppose that one is good enough to trade at GS without any promo. It will still be $9.90 with standard Edge boost - a near double anyway. So yeah, I guess I should buy them no matter what (assuming more stores converted them over which I'm hoping has happened as I'll be hitting stores I've already been to).

#5620 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:18 AM

at this stage of the game you should count yourself lucky to find even 1 at any given store. I just buy as many as the have in stock, which so far is 1 sealed and 1 gutted new copy at the stores around me. Sometimes they ask, and when they do I say "I am a cheap ass gamer"... ok, I dont really say that but saying that they're gifts is perfectly fine.

I am feeling in a good mood, so take a look at post #2 to find out the :ps2: power rangers game full title. When matched with another 9.99 game with the B1G1 at BB, you can turn $5 in BB credit into $9 in GS credit (or with the madden and edge promo that $9 becomes $13.50).

So far
Spoiler

Since there arent very many GS in the area that still have octomanias, I think I am done for now.

edit: I just realized that I have been flipping at BB since the beginning of GameRush with the crazy days of the trade 3 get 1 for $5 deal. Now is there a "BB Flippers Anonymous" group for us old schoolers, as we will soon have lots of new school members to add to the ranks.

Edited by nakanenui, 03 August 2008 - 06:27 AM.

#5621 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:23 AM

I'm also really curious as to what the Power Rangers game gets at Gamecrazy. I think I'll stop by one first tomorrow and, after trading my last Iridium Runners and a SoF Payback there I'll see what it gets. But then I'd be stuck with 2 PS2 Golden Compass and that would be tragic :lol:. I kind of forced myself to come up with 2 sets after buying 2 GCs and 2 SM FoFs to go along with the Power Rangers'. But if Power Rangers trades well at Gamecrazy then I can load up on them tomorrow without needing to find 4 other games to go with them for GS. Though I suppose that one is good enough to trade at GS without any promo. It will still be $9.90 with standard Edge boost - a near double anyway. So yeah, I guess I should buy them no matter what.

IO, why dont you price match the TIV of all your games to gamecrazy like you were doing with blockbuster? Show the receipt showing the TIV after the bonuses and see what they say. No harm in askin', right?

#5622 io

io

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:28 AM

IO, why dont you price match the TIV of all your games to gamecrazy like you were doing with blockbuster? Show the receipt showing the TIV after the bonuses and see what they say. No harm in askin', right?

You know, that didn't even occur to me, but on the 2 I traded already at my local GC (the one that price matches without hassle - it is highly YMMV at the others) I made more than at Gamestop (on Iridium Runners and Soldier of Fortune Payback). I suppose I could take Power Rangers and some of the others there as well, but those guys know me really well and they don't know the extent to which I flip stuff so I don't really want to push it with them. It isn't worth that to get GC credit instead of GS (though I have more than enough at GS and wouldn't mind more GC which is why I was saving my last IR and SoF for another Gamecrazy tomorrow). But giving them the receipts (and they are required to keep them when pricematching) which have proof I've already traded the same games into another store isn't the best way to keep a low profile. I have done this in the past on a few of the really good Blockbuster trade-in prices and they didn't seem to care, but I don't want to push it for just a few extra bucks in credit.

At the GC I'm going to tomorrow I was once told that they "guarantee" they have better trade-in prices so there's no need to price match. When I showed them a Blockbuster trade quote they balked and said, no, they don't in fact, "guarantee" any such thing, he just said that because he assumed their price would be better than any other place (probably thinking of Gamestop, though even that isn't true for many games). Interestingly enough, this was on Beowulf which I then took to the nearby Blockbuster instead which is what started all my trouble back in December. Needless to say I'm a bit cheesed at that Gamecrazy for not following their own corporate policy but there wasn't much I could do about it at the time. The guy said he would "get in trouble" if he adjusted the trade-in values from their standard rate :roll:.

#5623 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

I picked up:
Patapon (14.99)
Far Cry (360) (14.99)
Virtua Fighter 5 (ps3) (mismarked at 14.99, normally 16.99)
Conan (360) (14.99)
So... I'm all spent. I think I got every game I wanted, pending any PSP games...
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#5624 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:08 AM

Started BB->GS flipping again. I was able to pick up 5 GC, 4 IR, 3 Manhunt 2 PSP, 3 Power Rangers and one each of Mario Power Tennis and SW:JK2. After picking up 2 Wii Fits, I am down 2 $38 in BB credit. Some GSs by me show Octomania in stock, so I might be able to keep it going for these last couple of days. Passed on alot of $9.99 games since I am mostly seeking the good profit makers.

At the last BB, I wasn't able to find any IR but when I checked their rental section, they had many of the flippable games still out for rental(including 2 IRs). Hopefully, they convert them tomorrow so I can clean up. Sold the 2 Wii Fits for cash so I have probably spent little or no cash out of pocket since I first started flipping in May(previously sold a Wii).

*edit* Just noticed that the Mario Kart: DD that I picked up for $14.99 has a TIV base of $12. :D I was trying to pick up every Mario game I saw including Mario Golf. GS sells it for $14.99 so TIV probably won't be good. Just realized that I passed on a couple of Mario Party games since they weren't on my list. #-o I will have to go back to check which ones they were.

Edited by emg28, 03 August 2008 - 07:57 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#5625 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

So far, I would say only half of GS I've vistited had a copy, and besides one, each copy was that gutted copy. I assume its a combination of various flippers in my area, parents and kids who see this new game for 9.99 and maybe the fact that many stores didnt recieve that many to start with either.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#5626 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:29 AM

Welp, hopefully SST & Octomania held as they do seem to be the only 2x+ profit flips out there.

I plan on hitting a Blockbuster right at 10am, so i'll have them look up the TIV's.

538822.png

#5627 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

www.gamefaqs.com

first place i went and they had nothing. figured it out in practice mode
Posted Image

#5628 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

Welp, hopefully SST & Octomania held as they do seem to be the only 2x+ profit flips out there.

I plan on hitting a Blockbuster right at 10am, so i'll have them look up the TIV's.

indeed, what should sst get at BB if its tiv held? I hope octomania holds as well as fatal inertia. it looks like I wot be getting them in the mail until at least monday.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5629 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

:ps3: Rock Band - $30 (this was after midnight EDT)

#5630 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

indeed, what should sst get at BB if its tiv held? I hope octomania holds as well as fatal inertia. it looks like I wot be getting them in the mail until at least monday.

What is sst ?? All my local Gamestops are out of Fatal Inertia, FF4 : RSS, DBZ, AREA 51, etc... Basically all the stuff in the 2nd post of this thread...

Thanks !

#5631 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:52 AM

sega superstars tennis

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5632 io

io

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

PS3
Kane & Lynch - $30

I just wanted to point out that if this holds at BB Sunday/Tuesday (since it appears it could change either day now) this is a decent GS -> BB transfer game as it is $22.49 after Edge (or $19.99 if you use Edge + the 10% off used games coupon). And unlike SST this seems readily available at most GS stores. There is only 1 used SST in the entire metro area I live in (covering 10-14 or so Gamestops) and it is one of the furthest away so I won't bother with that. K&L is at all of the nearest 3 stores...

Also, we need to find out the Wii and 360 trade-in on Sega Superstar Tennis. Even though they cost a bit more at Gamestop ($17.99 vs $12.99 for the PS3 version) they might be decent if they also get $23 especially as they are much more readily available (especially 360). I know these have been posted in the past but, well, I simply don't feel like searching for them (plus they wouldn't be current anyway).

#5633 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

FYI: Power Rangers: Super Legends SHOULD get $7 trade value @ the Transworld chains(Sam Goody, FYE, Second Spin, Wherehouse) for trade-in.

http://www.secondspi...y=power rangers

Best part about the Transworld chains is that you can get a rough estimate of potential trade values from the SecondSpin and Wherehouse websites, www.secondspin.com and www.wherehouse.com .

Personally, I really wish Gamestop would bring this function back, but that would hurt their business I'm sure.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5634 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

*edit* Just noticed that the Mario Kart: DD that I picked up for $14.99 has a TIV base of $12. :D I was trying to pick up every Mario game I saw including Mario Golf. GS sells it for $14.99 so TIV probably won't be good. Just realized that I passed on a couple of Mario Party games since they weren't on my list. #-o I will have to go back to check which ones they were.

Yeah, I made the mistake of picking up Mario Golf and lost 50 cents ($7.00 after bonus) but it was paired with a Power Tennis so all was not lost.

#5635 nlyonssmith

nlyonssmith

Long time lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

I went out to get an Octomania at Gamestop last night. As I was buying it, another guy was trading in his old gamecube and games. I saw a pristine Wavebird so I loitered around the store until he was done and had walked out. The Gstop employee was the nice enough to sell it to me immediately for $18 + tax. Score.

#5636 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

Also, we need to find out the Wii and 360 trade-in on Sega Superstar Tennis. Even though they cost a bit more at Gamestop ($17.99 vs $12.99 for the PS3 version) they might be decent if they also get $23 especially as they are much more readily available (especially 360). I know these have been posted in the past but, well, I simply don't feel like searching for them (plus they wouldn't be current anyway).

Not sure about the 360 version, but the Wii version is worth $9 per Segasonic01.

For those that didn't know. Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) is $10.40 used after edge/10% coupon. BB Pays $23 for it. But as IO says, theres probably not many left as its been a high ticket flip for a few months.

538822.png

#5637 Segasonic01

Segasonic01

Sonic Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

Anyone find out about SST & Octo's TIVs yet? I would call but all my BBs refuse TIVs by phone...

#5638 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

BBV TIV of Octomania (Wii) - $23 :-D SAHWEEEET!

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#5639 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

I called my local Gamerush this morning. He said he could only look up two for me, because he was working by himself. I got three. :)

:ps3: Kane & Lynch - $30
:ps3: Sega Superstar Tennis - $23
:ps3: Blacksite Area 51 - $30

So it looks like none of these dropped today.

#5640 akokonas

akokonas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

octamania is trading 23 dollars today at BB?