The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#5701 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:02 AM

It depends on the employee, most of them find it funny that they pay more than they sell it for. Others will get all Jr Detective and say that they cant accept the trade pending investigation, fingerprint dusting, and a full cavity search.

538822.png

#5702 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

So has anyone been rejected yet? Well, I think I'll go out a little later ot get rid of my last copy, maybe check out the shops while Im at it.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#5703 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:08 AM

returned 2 of the defective games to BBV, and got jedi outcast II and capcom vs SNK 2eo (xbox). Figured it wasn't worth anything but it looked interesting. Also on my receipt it says my total is $16.xx. I think the guy returned my 2 games for $15 each and then sold me 2 $15 games b1g1, so I got $15 credit. If anyone wants the capcom vs snk 2 eo (xbox) I'd be willing to sell it quite cheap, maybe for GS credit. I only got it because it was complete/prefect disc and looked cool to me. I may keep it to see what its about.

Is this on my value card or on my account or what?

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 04 August 2008 - 12:10 AM.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5704 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:13 AM

I've personally never had a problem trading at BB/GR but I'm not even close to what I would call a "flipper". I recently bought a PS3 and started getting back into CAG'n. The last big flip I did was when GTA:SA came out for the Xbox and I bought two games and got a 2x double return pretty much getting the game for next to nothing. Recently I've traded three games (two octos and one other game) and plan on trading in two more octo's and I'm working on building up some credit for the winter rush. Also did a few nice trades to get Assassins Creed for free. Small time flipper here. :-)

No problems at all trading but I keep it low key and small time. The two GR's I frequent mostly have employees who don't really give a crap about what I'm doing other then I have problems getting TIV's over the phone.

#5705 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:50 AM

Got rid of the last six, thanks for putting the ass in CAG guys.

I am directing all of my will power into a single thought...YOUR DOOOOOM!
All joking aside you are an assh*le. You clearly don't care about the community in any sort of way but you continue to post here regardless. All you do is gloat or call other people jerks. Like the good lord says you should GTFO.
Managed to get 160 GS credit this weekend and I still have twenty left at bb. Nice haul for me. Can't wait for the next flipping week. I'm guessing you're going to close this thread on Aug. 5 eh io?

Edited by vanilla_shakin_it, 04 August 2008 - 12:52 AM.
Edited the swears just in case a sensitive mod comes through.

#5706 wingedvictory

wingedvictory

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:58 AM

I was able to trade my last octomania for $23 today. But I'm definitely done flipping for a while, unless something else crazy comes up. However while trading, ran into one GS store refused to take any xbox or gamecube games...so that was a bit depressing. Anyway only a few left to trade to GS and we're all good. Hope things went well for everyone else.

And one more value (breaks even):
Evil Dead Regeneration (PS2) $7 -> 3.50

#5707 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

I was able to trade my last octomania for $23 today. But I'm definitely done flipping for a while, unless something else crazy comes up. However while trading, ran into one GS store refused to take any xbox or gamecube games...so that was a bit depressing. Anyway only a few left to trade to GS and we're all good. Hope things went well for everyone else.

And one more value (breaks even):
Evil Dead Regeneration (PS2) $7 -> 3.50

A lot of people said they were done after Fantastic Four (including myself) its better not to deny the addiction and let the flipping continue 8-)

#5708 jojodis808

jojodis808

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

just did a few trades to BBV.
Octomania $23
Black Site Area 51 PS3 $30
DBZ Budokai 3 WIi $26
Fatal Inertia Xbox 360 $28.50

Trades to GS after 40% bonus
Star wars Battlefront 2 Xbox $11.20
Star Fox Assault GC $9.80
Manhunt PS2 $8.40
Spider Man FOF PS2 $8.40
Destroy all humans 2 Xbox $8.40
Zoo Cube GC $0.35 (messed up on this one though it was rare.)

Lastly. I noticed that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii is $34.99 Used and $39.99 New at the BBV i went to. Anyone else know about this price drop? If this is true. trade in credit for SSBB at GS is 30+40% would be $42 so around $7 profit

Edited by jojodis808, 04 August 2008 - 01:38 AM.

#5709 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:26 AM

A lot of people said they were done after Fantastic Four (including myself) its better not to deny the addiction and let the flipping continue 8-)

This is true (assuming you weren't banned or got Jr. Detected).

If it weren't for the fact I haven't been in a position to spend my hard earned credit (aside from buying Bioshock which temporarily quelled my disappointment) I would probably be out now flipping for GS preorders instead of sitting here wishing BBV would get one of their three back ordered MGS4 bundles and start selling 60 GB 360s.

Lately I've been dancing around the insane thought of calling corporate and pulling any string I can find to speed up the process. I'm scared of my chances of buying a bundle next month with the new 80 GB so close to coming out. The last thing I want to see is my credit expiring before I get a chance to spend it on something I actually want. Hell if it weren't for this thread I would have had no clue it expired at all. ;\

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5710 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

This is true (assuming you weren't banned or got Jr. Detected).

If it weren't for the fact I haven't been in a position to spend my hard earned credit (aside from buying Bioshock which temporarily quelled my disappointment) I would probably be out now flipping for GS preorders instead of sitting here wishing BBV would get one of their three back ordered MGS4 bundles and start selling 60 GB 360s.

Lately I've been dancing around the insane thought of calling corporate and pulling any string I can find to speed up the process. I'm scared of my chances of buying a bundle next month with the new 80 GB so close to coming out. The last thing I want to see is my credit expiring before I get a chance to spend it on something I actually want. Hell if it weren't for this thread I would have had no clue it expired at all. ;\

Just restarting getting BB credit again I checked a few of the threads do you know how long it takes for credit to expire?

#5711 spider24

spider24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:58 AM

I have about $260 in BBV credit, Looking to get an 80 gig PS3. My question is has anyone seen any 80 gig PS3 at BBV? or should I take advantage of the GS deal?
Posted Image

#5712 deadlykeyboard

deadlykeyboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

They only have 80GBs as part of the MGS4 Bundle.

#5713 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:05 AM

Just restarting getting BB credit again I checked a few of the threads do you know how long it takes for credit to expire?

I found the post I was talking about although...

Does GameStop credit expire after an amount of time?

I read the BlockBuster trade in agreement & asked about it & they said their credit expires in 180 days.

How long does GameStop credit last (on an EDGE card)? Does it expire too?

anyone?

...he/she never specified whether or not in the agreement the rule included value cards or strictly applied to store credit only. I assume both. Can anyone else confirm?

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5714 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:10 AM

1) Ignore the trolls... they'll take care of themselves and then we can laugh at them for not reading.

2) As stated previously, the used price of Octomania dropped to $14.99 so expect the trade in price to drop to $6-8 on Tuesday. Feel free to buy back the copies you traded in as part of the B1G1 that ends tomorrow at midnight.

3) In trying to figure out trade in price changes... I don't know what to tell you. My guess is what happened last week/two weeks ago was something out of the ordinary that hopefully won't be happening with any real frequency. As far as I can tell, none of the TIV's dropped today.

4) Re: expiring credit. If the credit is on your account, I believe it expires after 6 months of inactivity on that account. So if you go in and rent a movie, or buy a stick of gum, or do anything on your account, you'll reset the 6 month counter. If the credit is on a giftcard/value card, it depends on where you are located. If you're in CA, the card doesn't expire. It's good til you lose the card. If you're anywhere outside of CA, I believe you have either 12 or 24 months to use it, then they start taking out a certain amount ($2.50?) every month until the value drops to $0.

5) TIV: PS3- Rockband = $30
Posted Image

#5715 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:13 AM

Here are my updated prices and values from today:
Went to five Blockbusters and three Gamestops. Everyone was very nice.
Both Gamestops at/by the mall were cleaned out of the three flip titles I confirmed this morning, but was able to get Octomania from both. Another clerk at my closest BbV screwed up different priced games in the same order again. I have not yet had a hassle-free transaction at this store from this sale.$

Blockbuster Purchases: (Gamestop Trade 30%+EDGE)
360 - LotR: BfME II $14.99 ($11.20)
360 - Soldier of Fortune: Payback $14.99 ($8.40)
GCN - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door $14.99 (unknown) might keep it
pack of Rain gum $1.49 (n/a)
PS2 - Drakengard 2 $9.99 ($4.20) kept
PS2 - Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night $9.99 ($8.40)
PS2 - Meet the Robinsons $6.99 ($4.20)
PS2 - Rogue Galaxy $14.99 ($9.80)
PS2 - Spiderman: Friend or Foe $9.99 ($8.40)
PS2 - Star Wars: Battlefront II $14.99 (unknown)
PSP - Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony $9.99 ($11.20)
PSP - Manhunt 2 $14.99 ($14.00)
PSP - Pro Stroke Golf $6.99 ($5.60)
xbox - Fatal Frame 2 $9.99 (unknown) Goozex
xbox - King of Fighters 02/03 $6.99 (unknown) keeping
xbox - Psychonauts $9.99 (unknown) Goozex

I saw Destroy All Humans 2 twice, but didn't get it, wasn't sure it would be a good one. Also saw several games I haven't seen before at a new BBV, but didn't take a chance on them.

#5716 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:15 AM

As far as gift cards go, as long as there is activity the credit should not expire. In my experience, in the state of California, gift cards cannot expire nor can there be fees charged for inactiviey due to law. Now, as far as outside CA, there should be wording on the receipt that says when the credit expires, otherwise a call to corporate would clear things up.

:wii: octomania - $23 [even though it sells for less, muahahaha]

#5717 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:16 AM

Has anyone seen Scene It for the 360 (new or used) at Blockbuster before? I would like to pick up a copy but I haven't ever s©een one.

#5718 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

Has anyone seen Scene It for the 360 (new or used) at Blockbuster before? I would like to pick up a copy but I haven't ever s©een one.

I've seen new ones at my BBV, I saw them locked up with all the dvd box sets.

#5719 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:32 AM

What does Octomania sell for at BBV? When the girl last week scanned mine, she did it as a sale and it rang up $39.99.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#5720 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

BB -> GS transfers (all after bonus + Edge)

Iridium Runners (x2) $4.99 -> $7.50
Golden Compass $4.99 -> $6.00
Manhunt 2 $14.99 -> $15.00
Spider-man 3 $9.99 -> $9.66 (Price overide of $0.60 extra on this?)
Family Guy $9.99 -> $9.66 (see above)
Mario Superstar Baseball $14.99 -> $14.49
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio $4.99 -> $0.15

That's right. Sega GT/Jet Set got a whopping $0.10 TIV base. I should frame the receipt.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#5721 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:54 AM

BB -> GS transfers (all after bonus + Edge)

Iridium Runners (x2) $4.99 -> $7.50
Golden Compass $4.99 -> $6.00
Manhunt 2 $14.99 -> $15.00
Spider-man 3 $9.99 -> $9.66 (Price overide of $0.60 extra on this?)
Family Guy $9.99 -> $9.66 (see above)
Mario Superstar Baseball $14.99 -> $14.49
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio $4.99 -> $0.15

That's right. Sega GT/Jet Set got a whopping $0.10 TIV base. I should frame the receipt.

man should've kept jet set radio, I loved that game.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5722 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:17 AM

man should've kept jet set radio, I loved that game.

Surprisingly, the combo disc isn't BC. :(

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#5723 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:26 AM

Heh, I followed all the 'rules' of trading and still got flagged today. However, the store manager who told me so didn't care after I told him I just buy a lot of games and let me trade, then at the other BBV I went to they said nothing about a flagging. Seems like tomorrow is the day go hunting for PS3 and Wii titles since it's the last day of the sale and the price drops happened today. Might be able to score a few on the cheap.

#5724 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:42 AM

Heh, I followed all the 'rules' of trading and still got flagged today. However, the store manager who told me so didn't care after I told him I just buy a lot of games and let me trade, then at the other BBV I went to they said nothing about a flagging. Seems like tomorrow is the day go hunting for PS3 and Wii titles since it's the last day of the sale and the price drops happened today. Might be able to score a few on the cheap.

how exactly did you get flagged? about how much credit have you traded in all to BBV?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#5725 DaDeuce

DaDeuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:52 AM

how exactly did you get flagged? about how much credit have you traded in all to BBV?

Yeah were you flagged for multiple copies of the same game? Account balance? Or just overall suspicion that you may be a theif or a dealer by the quantities you've traded in?

#5726 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:07 AM

Surprisingly, the combo disc isn't BC. :(

And that single game has been hard to find around here. Should have picked it up when I had a chance, now all I find are disk only copies.

Didnt get a chance to get rid of my last Octo, might just return it if the price drops for it, which probably will happen.

#5727 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:15 AM

I picked up the only used copy of Octomania in my area at GS for $7.19(after Edge and 10% coupon). They had a new copy but I passed as I will have already traded a copy at each BB where I trade. Hopefully, I don't have any problems trading in this last copy tomorrow.

Also, picked up a second copy of Dancing w/ the Stars Wii at Target for $7.48. I hadn't been looking for this game either time but I guess I was just lucky. I traded in the first one yesterday. I called today and the TIV held at $30.

TIV (8/03):

Dancing with the Stars Wii - $30

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#5728 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:18 AM

Yeah were you flagged for multiple copies of the same game? Account balance? Or just overall suspicion that you may be a theif or a dealer by the quantities you've traded in?

Overall suspicion. I would only trade one or two games at a time at each store and kept my trade-ins at each store to once a week. Somehow I still managed to get flagged by loss prevention. I don't ever keep a large balance at Blockbuster. At Gamestop you can go a bit above 500 without question since you can just say you're saving for a PS3, but since trading around here at BBV is fairly new, balances that high would be suspicious.

#5729 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

And that single game has been hard to find around here. Should have picked it up when I had a chance, now all I find are disk only copies.

Didnt get a chance to get rid of my last Octo, might just return it if the price drops for it, which probably will happen.

yeah, I got 3 coming in the mail from gs.com I'll just return them to GS.

#5730 xdl

xdl

Fast and Bulbous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

A couple pages back someone mentioned Orange Box 360 at 19.99. Any confirmation on that? Didnt see any at that price today at any of 10 BBs.