The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#1051 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

I know this sounds extreme, but look into small claims court. I had this situation happen to me a week ago (although they did actually give me Stranglehold back :-#...the day before the TIV dropped like a rock), but they treated me with respect and didn't even start dropping psuedo-threats once they knew the game was missing. In fact, you might need to act quickly, because I'm almost 100% sure they have surveillance tape and you should be able to clearly see the faulty party.

My opinion? I think it's highly possible the CSR left the games on the counter and someone else may have ganked them. I've seen it happen time and time again.

ACT QUICKLY, the tape loops after so many days and be sure they allow YOU to watch as well.

Awesome idea about the surillence tape, ohh I went to trade Fantastic 4 the next city over and they found a note on my account NOT TO ACCEPT Fantastic Four because it was accidently given back to me" so they denied my trade, Im pissed, Im bein treated like I did something wrong
Posted Image

#1052 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

I know this sounds extreme, but look into small claims court. I had this situation happen to me a week ago (although they did actually give me Stranglehold back :-#...the day before the TIV dropped like a rock), but they treated me with respect and didn't even start dropping psuedo-threats once they knew the game was missing. In fact, you might need to act quickly, because I'm almost 100% sure they have surveillance tape and you should be able to clearly see the faulty party.

My opinion? I think it's highly possible the CSR left the games on the counter and someone else may have ganked them. I've seen it happen time and time again.

ACT QUICKLY, the tape loops after so many days and be sure they allow YOU to watch as well.

Not just that, but you did sign over the games to them. They HAVE TO PROVE that you took them back or walked out with them. They can't reverse payment, they can however hold it or freeze it. Talk to the manager and if he don't listen, get his name and ask for his regional manager. Call his manager and corporate and they will fix this. BBV is desperate to get people trading in stuff and having people buy other stuff in the store. It doesn't matter that you traded in multiple copies of the same game. It was your property to begin with and you excersised your right to sell it to them. Flipping stuff is how business works. Just like BBV buys stuff at manufacturer's price and then sells it for $60 to you, you can do the same with your property. Trust me I've had run-ins with employees and managers like this before. One simple call to a distric manager or corporate will set things straight. Under no circumstances do they want to lose your business. Just say the magic words "I'll never buy/rent/trade from this company again, im goint to someone else" and they'll fold like a paper napkin.

By the way, I used to be a district manager for Funcoland way back in the day and corporate always said "make the customer happy even if they are in the wrong, as long as it keeps them buying here" Same was said to me when Gamestop bought us out. It's all about the benjamins.:)

#1053 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

What are guy's thoughts on this matter?

Im pretty mad right now, I just got back from Blockbuster....I traded in 2 Fantastic Four: ROTSS & Viking PS3 yesterday at one blockbuster and got $100 credit, I went back today to trade in 1 more copy (Fantastic Four) to the same girl who works their.....I handed her the game, and she uttered these words,

Her "This is the same exact game youn traded yesterday"

Me "umm yea said you guys can limit the amount of how many you can trade, but its not specify just to one copy or not"

Her " Thats not what Im talking about, Im saying when I did roll call this morning for everything that was traded the day before.....I couldent find either of the games you traded, I must of been clumbsy and gave them back to you?

Me "ummm you dident give me anything back but a receipt, I know for a fact you dident give me the games back.....if you lost them or an employee took them from the back room, how would this effect me"

Her "This is how you will be effected, I am subtracting $100 from your account, until you come and talk to the manager tommorow"

Me" ummm if you guys are taking the credit away, where are my games then?

So I lost basically 3 games, and she is bein a clown about it, I cant prove that they have it in the back, what are my options? if the manager does not solve this tommorow, Im calling corporate, I have my receit from yesterday when I traded it, showing they took them three games in and gave me credit for them, I put my signature on their which now made it their property, so if they lost them, then thats their fault not mine"

What do you guys think I should do? she is basically saying she gave me back my games yesterday on accident, and Im trying to trade in Fantastic four which was the exact same one she gave me back yesterday"

If you read the back on the Trade Agreement..

8. ALL trades are FINAL and CANNOT be reversed (so how was she able to take $100 credit away from my account, if on trade agreement it sayis all trades are final"

P.S I have the Toys R us receit also showing I bought 2 Fantastic four: ROTSS, I of course marked out the price and date, just in case they see I only bought them an hour before I traded

This is certainly strange and a little ridiculous but the fact of the matter is they think you somehow got your games back, then the next day you show up with another copy of the same exact game. That looks awfully suspicious. I would bail and live to fight another day. In the long run you'll get the 15 back with plenty of interest

#1054 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

33 FF4s within 25 miles of me. Bought 11, traded 11. So $44 >>> $330. Felt kinda bad at the 4th BBV so i bought some $1 candy.:roll: Dont know if i should double dip and grab the remaining 22 that are left. I managed to only trade 1 a piece at the 3 BBV in my area. The other stores i had no record so had to open new trade accounts at each. Each of the 3 TRU around me had a complete stock of 11 each. Guess thats why they went on clearence. Lady at TRU looked at me like i was crazy for asking for 11 but oh well. Should i try to actually flip 22 more or just sell them on here or on ebay for $12-$13 a pop.

I would trade them all in. You'll have enough credit for a looooooooong time. Hey you might even rack enough credit up to buy the Blockbuster company.:applause:

#1055 Karuto

Karuto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

How can you bail if they won't ever let you trade games again? It's basically like he confessed that he did steal those games back. Unless they have any real proof, they shouldn't block your account. Definitely talk to the manager, because you should be innocent until proven guilty. If you let it slip by, then say goodbye forever.

#1056 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

How much does FF cost on TRU clearance?

#1057 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

33 FF4s within 25 miles of me. Bought 11, traded 11. So $44 >>> $330. Felt kinda bad at the 4th BBV so i bought some $1 candy.:roll: Dont know if i should double dip and grab the remaining 22 that are left. I managed to only trade 1 a piece at the 3 BBV in my area. The other stores i had no record so had to open new trade accounts at each. Each of the 3 TRU around me had a complete stock of 11 each. Guess thats why they went on clearence. Lady at TRU looked at me like i was crazy for asking for 11 but oh well. Should i try to actually flip 22 more or just sell them on here or on ebay for $12-$13 a pop.

By the way, what part of the country are you in that there are this many TRU close by one another? 22 FF4's???:drool:

#1058 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

How much does FF cost on TRU clearance?

$5 clerarance.......$4 with some 20% off store thingy.

#1059 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

$5 clerarance.......$4 with some 20% off store thingy.

OMG that's great for flipping.
Does it matter which system or do they all get the same TIV?

#1060 Karuto

Karuto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

You'll only find it for $4 on the Wii, which offers the $4->$30.

#1061 babycarlitos

babycarlitos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

what can I possibly get at bbv for $330... and did you trade them in all new(unopened)?? .. how many per store?

flavarican.png

562023.png

mario64gif.gif mario64gif.gif

must...play...games..

#1062 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

You'll only find it for $4 on the Wii, which offers the $4->$30.

Ok, thanks. Hope my TRU has some.

#1063 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

what can I possibly get at bbv for $330... and did you trade them in all new(unopened)?? .. how many per store?

You could get a Wii, Wii Play, and an extra nunchuck.

538822.png

#1064 babycarlitos

babycarlitos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

You could get a Wii, Wii Play, and an extra nunchuck.

i haven't bought anything in bbv in forever.. didn't even know they carry new systems.... im going to tru right now see if i get lucky... is still looks kinda odd to trade in 4 new games that are the same game.

flavarican.png

562023.png

must...play...games..

#1065 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

God help me and my fellow competition if I ever as lucky as King this week. $330 - $600 payoff for a mere $50 - $100 investment is ridiculous. Congratulations man.

Are there any other $15 - $30 games worth mentioning/looking out for at the moment?

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1066 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

You can get a system or possibly 5 brand new games.

Walk into your local BB... It has changed a lot. I know mine has.

#1067 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

About anything you can get at Gamestop. New games that are unopened is the best part. All the gamestops here remove the seals and gut the games. They also sell brand new in box ps3s, 360s, wiis, and are your best shot to get MGS4 bundles for $499. I only traded 1 into stores that i had previous trade accounts with. 2 to the new stores that i will never go to again because of driving distances. I also have a few MLB 2k8s that i bought off ebay. $12/each after free shipping ebay coupon. Funny thing is that one BBV clerk asked me how do i keep my games so clean. Said he has bought new games and they havent been that clean. Had no answer. But yeah all 3 TRU stores had 11 copies each (computer quote from a TRU clerk). Cleaned out one store for all 11. Didnt go to the others. At the one store some were on the floor, some in the back. I think buying 22 more would be overkill and the BBVs i would have to go to would be waaaaay out of the way. Still thinking about it though. $132 >> $990. LOL

BTW they are $4/each after 20% off clearence deal. All clearence items should be 20% off. You might want to check your TRU store though.

#1068 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

Wow king....you are lucky mofo... I only have 1 TRU within 30 miles of me and they had none. Bah....

#1069 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:07 PM

Road Trip today up Rt 9.

Blockbuster #1 traded 2 Fantastic Fours and a GH III, $88.50
Blockbuster #2 traded 2 FF's and MLB 2k8, $96
Both stores i HAD to buy candy for my 2 and 4 year old girls, cut into my profits. I don't know what's harder, explaining why I have 2 copies of FF, or keeping the kids away from the candy.
Both stores had some good Gamestop fodder, so $86 of Blockbuster credit got flipped right over to Gamestop credit.
At Gamestop grabbed a Sega Tennis to go with another FF, just like to have more than one game.
Blockbuster #3 traded FF and Sega Tennis, $56. Was a little out of the way, but they have a ton of good flippable to gamestop stuff, so if a sale starts at Blockbuster that's my first stop. This store said they'd only put it on store credit. Didn't want to drive back so grabbed Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

At store 2 and 3 needed to sign trade agreements.

So far 9 copies of FF traded in, with one to go to local store.

$305 at Gamestop, $247 at blockbuster(after I traded last copy of FF)

#1070 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

I still don't understand. How are BB's letting you trade in so many copies of the same game?

And where is this Fantastic Four? ToysRuS?

#1071 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

It appears that Stranglehold (360) gets $16 @ GS after Edge & bonus and sells for $15 used at BB.

I certainly know that my locations have plenty of strangleholds ;-).

I hope CAG 2.0 has some kind of forum feature that makes you acknowledge that you've read the op before posting...

538822.png

#1072 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

I still don't understand. How are BB's letting you trade in so many copies of the same game?

Wow seriously? This has only been talked about for the last like 5 pages at least....

Why cant you people READ even a few posts or maybe a page or two before you actually post? Seriously :bomb:

#1073 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

It was explained in the first post that chains can't check your trade account so as long as you're careful and trade in different locations apparently you're golden.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1074 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

Wow king....you are lucky mofo... I only have 1 TRU within 30 miles of me and they had none. Bah....

Yeah i lucked out this time. But my Circuit CIty, Sears, Target (have 2), K-mart (have 2) never have any of the games listed in this thread with the exception of 3 The Clubs i found at target-1 didnt even have the game in it and had to drive all the way back!!:bomb: Lady at target says we have been getting alot of these lately.:roll:

#1075 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Wow seriously? This has only been talked about for the last like 5 pages at least....

Why cant you people READ even a few posts or maybe a page or two before you actually post? Seriously :bomb:

I did and didn't see anything. I'm SOOO sorry I pissed you off.

Thank you Ink. I only have 2 BBV's near me. How many is too many before they get suspicious? 2-3 at each location? I guess you just go on different days.

#1076 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:36 PM

Decided to head over to toysrus today, head into the electronics section...and Fuck ing bust. :(

I dropped my head a lil and walked to the door, when I remembered that someone posted that there are frontlane games at some TRU. Check by the registers...17 copies of Fantastic 4....17 copies.

#1077 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

FF4 is $5 but there is a 20% off clearence sale right now at TRU so they ring up $4. The stores around me all had 11 each. Whenever you flip a ton of the same game you never do it at stores close by. You drive out to an area you know you will never go to again and start dropping them 2 at a time (the max daily limit). And the banning hype is serious. You have to watch your trades and make sure you buy stuff at all the stores you trade. Im currently on break from 2 stores b/c they have a clerk that works both stores that started asking questions like "where are all these games coming from" and "havent you traded in a SH before"

#1078 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

I did and didn't see anything. I'm SOOO sorry I pissed you off.

Thank you Ink. I only have 2 BBV's near me. How many is too many before they get suspicious? 2-3 at each location? I guess you just go on different days.

Are you kidding? You didnt see anything pertaining to what?

Your question about trading in is answered in the very first post of this thread. Your question about where everyone is getting F4 is answered in pretty much EVERY post for the past 5 pages or so.

So no you didnt look.

#1079 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

FF4 is $5 but there is a 20% off clearence sale right now at TRU so they ring up $4. The stores around me all had 11 each. Whenever you flip a ton of the same game you never do it at stores close by. You drive out to an area you know you will never go to again and start dropping them 2 at a time (the max daily limit). And the banning hype is serious. You have to watch your trades and make sure you buy stuff at all the stores you trade. Im currently on break from 2 stores b/c they have a clerk that works both stores that started asking questions like "where are all these games coming from" and "havent you traded in a SH before"

Ah OK, thanks for that little bit of info. If my TRU has copies, I will only trade in 2 at each location (at most) b/c I visit 1 all the time and don't want to get on break. I would call but they close a 7 on Sundays...will go tomorrow :D Thx again king.

Lamp, get over it.

#1080 babycarlitos

babycarlitos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

well well , it turns out to be true after all ( LOL ) ...
i went to TRU and they had 4 FF's .... so i grabbed 2 and a copy of splinter cell 4 (360) it was $4 for each ff4 and $5 for double agent... opened all 3 and went to the bbv 2 min away from the TRU. the girl says that i had to sign up, so i did. then she was a lil "afraid" of taking 2 of the same copy, so i had to make something up. after the ordeal i ended up with $75 credit!!... but like I predicted they didnt have anything.... so I ended up getting sigma for ps3($30) and kept the rest for the future.... so tuesday Ill go again to TRU and then Ill go to the other bbv to see if they have anything for me to grab. all in all 15 for 75 is SUPER GOOD.

flavarican.png

562023.png

must...play...games..