The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#1081 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

so tuesday Ill go again to TRU and then Ill go to the other bbv to see if they have anything for me to grab. all in all 15 for 75 is SUPER GOOD.

I would snag them up and trade them by Tuesday....Dont see BBV letting this go on past D-Day Tuesday. Just hoping MLB 2k8 and both Sonic games dont drop before they arrive in the mail.:pray:

#1082 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

I just wanted to add, Metal Gear Solid 4 for a total of 8.42 out of pocket. It will be a fun night :)

#1083 io

io

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

Ah OK, thanks for that little bit of info. If my TRU has copies, I will only trade in 2 at each location (at most) b/c I visit 1 all the time and don't want to get on break. I would call but they close a 7 on Sundays...will go tomorrow :D Thx again king.

2 at one store is pushing it and "suspicious" to all the Junior Detectives out there, so just be careful.

I'm going to two Blockbusters today - but one is just to return a rental as I already traded FF there a couple of days ago. Then I'm heading to one 10 miles away (nest closest) just to trade a single FF. I guess I'll trade that AI up there as well.

#1084 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Ill go ahead and repost my question to see if anyone knows the answer yet.

I bought a game to flip from BBV to GS but the disc condition slipped by me. Its horrible so I want to just return it to BBV. Do I have to go back to the store I bought it at or can I return it to any BBV? The one I bought it at is kinda remote lol.

#1085 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:12 AM

Ill go ahead and repost my question to see if anyone knows the answer yet.

I bought a game to flip from BBV to GS but the disc condition slipped by me. Its horrible so I want to just return it to BBV. Do I have to go back to the store I bought it at or can I return it to any BBV? The one I bought it at is kinda remote lol.

Technically, you ought to be able to take it to any store and I've done this before when a game I bought didn't work. Slightly YMMV though, as with most things at BB.
Posted Image

#1086 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

Damn....I was just at TRU today. I should've read this thread. Oh well, i will check tomorrow at the one by work and on the way home. My wife wants a DS now, so a $16 DS would be nice with flipping. (Plus, I have 3 GR's in my area, so flipping could be easier). I generally try to only do 1 copy, but this is too good...if I can find any.

#1087 UCLAevo

UCLAevo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

ok, so, i'm a complete BBV/GR noob, so i wanted to double check this with you guys first. i read the OP, and it's very informative. here's what i plan to do:

go to each bbv and open a trade acct. trade in 1-2 copies, depending on how likely i am to go back. put the credit on a 'value' card. rinse and repeat until out of games.

the only stipulations are that i need a trade acct at each store, and use caution when trading in multiple copies.

do all bbv accept trade ins? the OP isn't quite clear on that. i don't have gamerush by me.

for the bay area CAGs (south bay particularly), are there particular ones that i should go to?

#1088 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:27 AM

ok, so, i'm a complete BBV/GR noob, so i wanted to double check this with you guys first. i read the OP, and it's very informative. here's what i plan to do:

go to each bbv and open a trade acct. trade in 1-2 copies, depending on how likely i am to go back. put the credit on a 'value' card. rinse and repeat until out of games.

the only stipulations are that i need a trade acct at each store, and use caution when trading in multiple copies.

do all bbv accept trade ins? the OP isn't quite clear on that. i don't have gamerush by me.

for the bay area CAGs (south bay particularly), are there particular ones that i should go to?

Yes to almost everything.

Some stores are franchise stores others are corporate. The flipping happens at the Corporate stores.

Don't forget to get it on a value card, otherwise your credit will be linked to your store account...which blows

#1089 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:27 AM

I'm pretty sure all BBV's accept trade-ins. The only problems with trading in is that sometimes you get employees who don't know how to do the trade-ins.

#1090 babycarlitos

babycarlitos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

most do and some don't, you are better off using google to see the ones in your area and calling them rather than driving there and wasting gas.

flavarican.png

562023.png

mario64gif.gif mario64gif.gif

must...play...games..

#1091 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:37 AM

The contract says you can trade in 2 a day. But some people are scared of being banned and only do 1. You CANT be banned for excessive trading BUT you can be banned for "suspicion of theft" which they will use in place of "excessive trading." How else would you have so many of the same game and be willing to take what most BBV employees feel is less than what they are worth. I have been banned and was unbanned after producing receipts but that call is up to your BBV.

#1092 judgeTurpin

judgeTurpin

Mastering the Monado!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:49 AM

i can confirm that the extra $15 for 2 next gen games coupon works at GS...i traded 8 games...paired them up...and asked if i could do separate trades...the guy was cool and said that would be alrite...i traded the ffg games:
note..all games are after the $15 coupon...

Spiderman Friend or Foex2 - $16.10 each
Spiderman 3 - 12.50
EDF: 12.50
VT3 - 12.50
PSU - 12.50
PotC - 9.40 (do not get this game to trade in at GS..it only gets $4 and is excluded from the coupon)
Forza 2 - 9.40 (this game is also excluded)

i got $101 credit at GS...not bad...u have to bring multiple coupons though...each trade transaction needs a coupon...

on another note...here are a couple TIVs at BBV:

:360:Fatal Inertia - $32
:360:HC:BftP - $25
:wii:Trauma Center: Second opinion - $16

i forgot to say thanx to kunai for giving a scan of the coupon in the other thread...Thanx a lot man...

Currently playing:

:wii:
 : Xenoblade Chronicles, Pikmin 2

:wiiu: : Mario Kart 8

:pc: : Hearthstone

Recently finished games:  :wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

#1093 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:54 AM

i can confirm that the extra $15 for 2 next gen games coupon works at GS...i traded 8 games...paired them up...and asked if i could do separate trades...the guy was cool and said that would be alrite...i traded the ffg games:
note..all games are after the $15 coupon...

Spiderman Friend or Foex2 - $16.10 each
Spiderman 3 - 12.50
EDF: 12.50
VT3 - 12.50
PSU - 12.50
PotC - 9.40 (do not get this game to trade in at GS..it only gets $4 and is excluded from the coupon)
Forza 2 - 9.40 (this game is also excluded)

i got $101 credit at GS...not bad...u have to bring multiple coupons though...each trade transaction needs a coupon...

on another note...here are a couple TIVs at BBV:

:360:Fatal Inertia - $32
:360:HC:BftP - $25
:wii:Trauma Center: Second opinion - $16

i forgot to say thanx to kunai for giving a scan of the coupon in the other thread...Thanx a lot man...

Nice. What is HC:BftP?

#1094 judgeTurpin

judgeTurpin

Mastering the Monado!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:58 AM

Nice. What is HC:BftP?

Its History channel: Battle for the Pacific...i had one left over from the previous flips that i saw under my bed...i think its $24.99 at GS...$19.99 after edge and coupon...

Currently playing:

:wii:
 : Xenoblade Chronicles, Pikmin 2

:wiiu: : Mario Kart 8

:pc: : Hearthstone

Recently finished games:  :wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

#1095 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:23 AM

what's dday tuesday - the day that bbv updates trade in values? tuesday morning or evening?

I'd assume so.

I don't think I'm gonna risk it and trade 2 FFs at my fav. BBV, I might do it at the other one further down the road since I never go there....now to think of an excuse why I have two....

#1096 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:25 AM

I'd assume so.
If you get this value card, you carry it around with you and take it to other stores and they load credit up on it?

And I don't think I'm gonna risk it and trade 2 at my fav. BBV, I might do it at the other one further down the road since I never go there....now to think of an excuse why I have two....

Bought one... Second one was a present and you didn't have the heart to say no to a family member or something...

A value card is just a gift card. I was kind of confused at first too, but when I asked to get credit on a value card, they gave me a reloadable gift card. I'm assuming that's what a value card is...

On another note, I just checked out the local blockbuster and it is a jackpot for $5 games. I'm going to have some fun with this $15 coupon :). I saw that they had a crap load of Spiderman 3 and Spiderman: FOF. I think I saw 6 Spiderman 3 copies and 8 Spiderman: FOF copies.

#1097 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:46 AM

Io - flipped another AI:KR today for $35. If you haven't done that yet, better hurry, I will be surprised if that holds up another week. Flipped 5 out of 7 FF:ROS today, got to hit the others tomorrow but wasn't on that side of town. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I believe I owe you a steak dinner for finding this one.

One notable incident from the day's events that I would like someone to check their local BB's for me to help verify:

I saw Grand Turismo 5: Prologue for $16.99 at one store today. It had been $34.99 forever. My brother loves the game and plays it online, so I figured I would pick it up and join him for a couple races at that price. Later, I was moving some BB credit to GS (where the $10 trade in bonus was extended, COME ON B1G1 from BB!!!) and needed a game to complete an even pair. I asked about GT5:P, and they offered $17 BEFORE the bonus. So that was a $17->$23.70 flip.

However, when I went to my local BB, I decided to pick up another copy of GT5:P to keep. It was marked $34.99 still, and rang up $34.99. Not sure if they just hadn't processed the price drops or what, because I've never had that happen.

CLIFF NOTES:

Need someone to verify price for Grand Turismo 5: Prologue at BB. Might be $16.99, might be $34.99.

If it is $16.99, it flips to GS for $23.70 after the $5 bonus which was extended.

#1098 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

Io - flipped another AI:KR today for $35. If you haven't done that yet, better hurry, I will be surprised if that holds up another week. Flipped 5 out of 7 FF:ROS today, got to hit the others tomorrow but wasn't on that side of town. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I believe I owe you a steak dinner for finding this one.

One notable incident from the day's events that I would like someone to check their local BB's for me to help verify:

I saw Grand Turismo 5: Prologue for $16.99 at one store today. It had been $34.99 forever. My brother loves the game and plays it online, so I figured I would pick it up and join him for a couple races at that price. Later, I was moving some BB credit to GS (where the $10 trade in bonus was extended, COME ON B1G1 from BB!!!) and needed a game to complete an even pair. I asked about GT5:P, and they offered $17 BEFORE the bonus. So that was a $17->$23.70 flip.

However, when I went to my local BB, I decided to pick up another copy of GT5:P to keep. It was marked $34.99 still, and rang up $34.99. Not sure if they just hadn't processed the price drops or what, because I've never had that happen.

CLIFF NOTES:

Need someone to verify price for Grand Turismo 5: Prologue at BB. Might be $16.99, might be $34.99.

If it is $16.99, it flips to GS for $23.70 after the $5 bonus which was extended.

Hmmm interesting. Ill check mine tomorrow. Was it for a used or new copy of GT5:P?

Ill pick one up for myself if its the 16.99 price!

#1099 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:45 AM

I nominate Lamplitersniper to answer all Noob questions. this will cut down on the multiple posts saying 'read 1st post'.

TIV from today:
FF ROTSS $30 (duh)
Sega Superstar Tennis PS3 $26
MLB 2k8 PS3 $36
Guitar Hero 3 Xbox 360 $28.50
(nothing new, but felt compelled to contribute)

#1100 Karuto

Karuto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:06 AM

I have a very elaborate story that I was concocting while jogging today and I am going to try and see if I can flip all my copies at this store I've never been to. Wish me luck -- I think it's going to work. I am the king of lies. :D

I have a bunch of other games I'm also going to be trading in to make it look less suspicious. Let's pray together, children.

It's fun to be a double major in both Marketing and Unethical Practices....

#1101 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:19 AM

easist excuses to flip multiple same game. I won them from a drawing and all they have is this game for the wii so i could keep one and trade other copies for other games =p. And how canthey ban you for suspicion of thieves? you just have to tell them you'll sue them cuz they have no proof and they will get all scare and tuck in their little shirt and say sorry to you. There are consumer rights<3 Love america for all the rights and protection ^_~

#1102 cheapskate01

cheapskate01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:22 AM

I nominate Lamplitersniper to answer all Noob questions. this will cut down on the multiple posts saying 'read 1st post'.

lol Lamp is the friendliest out of us all i vote yay. But i hate it too when people ask questions about prices when they can CONTRIBUTE and don't ask but POST the value.. I especially hate it when the value has been posted before and they still ask..

#1103 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:29 AM

Hmmm interesting. Ill check mine tomorrow. Was it for a used or new copy of GT5:P?

Ill pick one up for myself if its the 16.99 price!

It was used... I did want one for myself! I just didn't mind flipping it to GS because I knew that my local store had one as well, and I like to buy as much from them as possible anyway. (at the right price of course ;)) That's why it threw me off when they still wanted $34.99. I'm hoping that they just hadn't processed the price drop yet...

#1104 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:31 AM

How about this for the newbs, send me a copy of FF:RoSS for Wii and I'll send you a Tracfone prepaid cellphone so you can call Blockbuster and ask trade in values ;-).

The easiest way to get around the trade rules is to get chummy with the managers, offer to buy them food, or if you're really rolling it in, buy em a game or two. If they can get kickbacks, i'm sure they'd be more than willing to keep you under the radar.

538822.png

#1105 mephitical

mephitical

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:31 AM

I have a very elaborate story that I was concocting while jogging today and I am going to try and see if I can flip all my copies at this store I've never been to. Wish me luck -- I think it's going to work. I am the king of lies. :D

I have a bunch of other games I'm also going to be trading in to make it look less suspicious. Let's pray together, children.

It's fun to be a double major in both Marketing and Unethical Practices....

Don't you have your receipt? I flip multiples all the time at BB and EB/GS and never have a problem. The one or two times someone has tried to question me I show them the receipt and that's that. If it went beyond that, I would make them (this is BB specific) show me where in the trading agreement it says I cannot trade multiples (hell, maybve that is in there for all I know), and then force them to escalate. Asking for a manager or to call someone outside the store usually seems to work for me. No one actually wants to do it, and it ends up being even worse for them if they do have to call.
I get a ton of Wii points from Points2Shop for free. I bet you wish you did too.
Gaminglagoon.com is called gaminglagoon.com.

Posted Image

Dr. Mario Rx Online: 2237 3076 4051 Mario Kart Wii: 4897 - 6380 - 1885 (PM me if you add me so I can add you)

#1106 io

io

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

I did a massive thread cleanup - deleted several, uh, less than informative posts and the responses to those posts ;).

Please read the OP before posting. I changed a little bit of language to make it even MORE clear that, yes, regular Blockbusters take trade-ins (stupid me, I thought that by saying regular stores had the same trade-in values as Gamerush stores that was implied :roll:). I also put more info about the day and time trade-in values might change.

As for my trades today:

:wii: F4:RoSS $30
:360: AI:Encore $35

The most painful part of today's transaction was that with the cheap credit I thought I'd splurge and get my boys one of the $9.99 WALL-E toys. Well, it took them 10 minutes to ring that up because it wasn't in the system :rofl:.

This was one of the stores where I got in trouble back in the Beowulf days (not the store where it all started and the Junior Detective decided to call around - it is one of the stores he called). This time I could see the screen when they pulled up my account. There is a note on there from the manager saying that it is OK to trade to me. It goes on beyond that but I couldn't read all of it. Of course I'm very curious! But then at my local store they told me there is no note at all (and there was in January and it was gone before the 6 months was up - so who knows what happened there - maybe they just deleted it).

I was so tempted to drop a second FF when I stopped by my local store to drop off a rental and I saw that one of the old Gamerush guys was working there. This is someone who knew me back in my 12-15 preorder Gamerush days. I'm sure I could have told him that I had a second copy I got cheap and he would have let me trade it. But they have a new manager there and I guess she would review the trades and see that I did 2 and who knows how she would react. Anyway, that is the problem with non-GR stores. At one of the ones yesterday where they struggled to get my credit on a gift card (because they had no Value Cards) they told me they get a total of about 6 games traded in a year. So if you go dump 2+ of any one game on them they notice it immediately.

#1107 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:46 AM

It might have been posted, but there is a thread on SD:
http://forums.slickd...151108&t=857506
That has links to 10 off 50 purchases at toysrus, it direct links to a printable page.

Being the cheap ass that I am, I'm debating going back picking up the rest of the F4 (give or take 13 left after the ones I picked up today) and driving 30 mins (where there are 3 BBs that I never go to) and ditching them all.

#1108 io

io

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:15 AM

Being the cheap ass that I am, I'm debating going back picking up the rest of the F4 (give or take 13 left after the ones I picked up today) and driving 30 mins (where there are 3 BBs that I never go to) and ditching them all.

And my cheap ass is thinking that if I did indeed miss the big frontlane displays at my 2 local TRU's I'll go pick up a bunch (and hopefully some SMB and maybe a couple of clearance PSP games) and use the coupon and then return all that stuff using my old receipts :lol:.

#1109 po0po0h3ad

po0po0h3ad

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:43 AM

I live in nyc and could not find one ff ross in the clearance section in fact the store had none.

#1110 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:51 AM

TIV from today:
FF ROTSS $30 (duh)
Sega Superstar Tennis PS3 $26
MLB 2k8 PS3 $36
Guitar Hero 3 Xbox 360 $28.50
(nothing new, but felt compelled to contribute)

As for my trades today:

:wii: F4:RoSS $30
:360: AI:Encore $35

I wanted to question these two values.

Stone: That SST for PS3 was only $26? How did it drop mid week? I thought it was still $30 for PS3 and $26 for WII?

IO: Is that supposed to be AI: Karaoke Revolution?