Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5941 replies to this topic

#91 io

io

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:39 AM

I picked up blastworks today as well, it got a decent review in Game Informer, and it's certainly different, although not great, it's a decent fun sideway shooter with coop support, and it has a level editor with the ability to build your own ships using basic tools, which appealed to my 10 year old, who plays alot of the free pc games with similar themes.

Although to be honest Geometry Wars is the must have space shooter for wii. And on the same note, the williams pinball game is a huge hit with adults and kids. I think it the board shaking element which is appealling as it's so easily done using the controller.

So IO hows your Lego Indiana Jones going, It's good family fun just like the starwars version (although the characters are not so diverse)?

Yeah, my boys are playing it coop right now. I wish Blockbuster would stock Geometry Wars - I'd snag that with BB credit in a heartbeat. We're done with Lego Indiana Jones - 2 free rentals from Hollywood. I got 100% (and 1000/1000 achievements) and the boys beat it to varying degrees. It was time to move on ;).

I got some strange pricing on Wii games I attempted to buy today...

Alien Syndrome
Meet the Robinsons
Sonic and the Secret Rings

All rang up $16.99 not $9.99/14.99 =(

:-s. This is a very good indication that a Buy 1 Get 1 free on $14.99 and under games is coming this week! Wow... I guess I should have held off a bit more. Oh well, depending on how many games they hose up for it (ie, make $16.99) there ought to be plenty out there to get. And once again I'm back to wondering if I can get price adjustments on my previous purchases (FWIW - I expect that to be very difficult if not impossible).

#92 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

If BB and GS are doing a bxg1 deal at the same time...:whee:

Hope BB doesnt raise them all up...although it does look like something they will do if the last time is any indication.

#93 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

If BB and GS are doing a bxg1 deal at the same time...:whee:

Hope BB doesnt raise them all up...although it does look like something they will do if the last time is any indication.

If this would actually happen, I would take a few days off work to clean out all the BBV and GS in my area.

#94 ChunkyLover78

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:05 AM

Alien Syndrome
Meet the Robinsons

i also got the same price (16.99) for sonic and the secret rings here in cali. but it got it anyways cuz i needed a filler... :( oh well

#95 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:05 AM

Hm is it confired that mass effect and bioshock (saw multiple posts about bioshock) are both 19.99 at BB? Cuz those 2 games for 20 bucks would be insanity.

#96 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, that $16.99 nearly guarantees a sale in the next few days...
Posted Image

#97 Armstrong x360a

Armstrong x360a

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:11 AM

Hm is it confired that mass effect and bioshock (saw multiple posts about bioshock) are both 19.99 at BB? Cuz those 2 games for 20 bucks would be insanity.

I can confirm Bioshock for that price (I managed to get a disc that looked basically new too) but I have been unable to get Mass Effect for that. It rang up for the $39.99 as marked at the two stores I tried. Anyone else had luck with that one?

#98 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:19 AM

TIVs at BBV drop on tuesday, right?
Although, doesn't that mean if those games are ringing up as 16.99, they would NOT be eligible for the sale? Somewhere I read that they're generally for the lower priced games (9.99 and under).

Edited by GuardianE, 19 July 2008 - 06:29 PM.

#99 NAmato

NAmato

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:22 AM

Alien Syndrome
Meet the Robinsons

Same here with MTR (Wii) and Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Also, Earth Defense Force for 360 rang up $6.99. Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the VERY HELPFUL list on the first page has it at $9.99.

Big thanks to everyone reporting prices and TIV's @ BBV and GS and io for keeping it all organized.

#100 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:32 AM

Does BB do return and rebuy?
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#101 averageguy

averageguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:38 AM

I tried turning some of my BB to Gamestop. I just got 2 copies of Meet the Robinsons and 2 copies of Virtual Tennis. I traded in 2 yesterday. Tried it again and another gamestop everything went smooth when i got home. I noticed a 2.00 resurfacing fee on my receipt. Whats up with that?

Xbox Live Gamertage: Southtownguy
Systems Owned: Xbox, Xbox 360 Premium, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Sega Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Onyx DS Lite, Psp,
Help Sponsor me in my 2013 Step out Walk for Diabetes. I have had diabetes more the half my life. any size donation of any amount would be appreciated

http://stepout.diabe...793&pg=personal

#102 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:39 AM

About to go hit up some GR/BB stores, i'll check on those prices for MTR and others....
Also what is the status on the B2G1 sale at GS? Still a rumor?

#103 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:41 AM

I tried turning some of my BB to Gamestop. I just got 2 copies of Meet the Robinsons and 2 copies of Virtual Tennis. I traded in 2 yesterday. Tried it again and another gamestop everything went smooth when i got home. I noticed a 2.00 resurfacing fee on my receipt. Whats up with that?

I've seen them do that to some people when their disc is scratched up, but they usually tell you about the fee when they give you the trade-in value. Sneaky...

About to go hit up some GR/BB stores, i'll check on those prices for MTR and others....
Also what is the status on the B2G1 sale at GS? Still a rumor?

It's been updated from plain rumor to more than likely occurrence. It's due to take place the last week of the month at the end of the Game Days Sale.

#104 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:46 AM

If there is a $10 trade in bonus at GS and B2G1 AND Blockbuster is doing B1G1 on $14.99 & under games I'll need a trash can in my car for all the stickers I'll be peeling off in the car between stores.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#105 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:51 AM

If there is a $10 trade in bonus at GS and B2G1 AND Blockbuster is doing B1G1 on $14.99 & under games I'll need a trash can in my car for all the stickers I'll be peeling off in the car between stores.

HAHA I had to vacuum my car to get all the stickers off the floor of the passenger side :) Totally worth the 25 cents.

#106 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:53 AM

Man you guys are lucky. I'm married so I have to reach in the back and put them behind the seat otherwise I get yelled at for stickers on the floor.

#107 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:10 AM

Man you guys are lucky. I'm married so I have to reach in the back and put them behind the seat otherwise I get yelled at for stickers on the floor.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#108 io

io

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:15 AM

Although, doesn't that mean if those games are ringing up as 16.99, they would NOT be eligible for the sale? Somewhere I read that they're generally for the lower priced games (9.99 and under).

Yes, it means those games won't work. But they won't raise everything up (otherwise what's the point of the B1G1 sale?). We'll have to recompile the list in the OP...

Same here with MTR (Wii) and Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Also, Earth Defense Force for 360 rang up $6.99. Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the VERY HELPFUL list on the first page has it at $9.99.

Well, it was $9.99 when I bought one a few days ago. Keep in mind they change used game SALE prices on Sundays, so like the increases to $16.99 that's a new change just today.

#109 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image

Yeah, except substitute the riding crop for a bullwhip and it's a bit more accurate.

Anyone know how you Blockbuster is with canceling preorders? I think the reason I'll give is that I want the Gold Edition of Bad Company and not the regular one, but in truth it's because they don't get the game until the 27th. Plus, I want my sniper rifle code.

#110 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:35 AM

Don't BB deals start on Monday? Shouldn't be too much longer till we know if there will be a b1g1 or not :)

#111 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:09 AM

Don't BB deals start on Monday? Shouldn't be too much longer till we know if there will be a b1g1 or not :)

Yes I just wished this deal could wait a week so I can take full advantage of it since I am on Vacation starting tomorrow and wont be back until Saturday evening. But if this deal comes true then I will be hitting up all 5 of my BBV that night to flip to GS on Sunday.

#112 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:30 AM

Just got back from BB

monster madness is now 14.99 instead of 9.99 :(
tomb raider legend is now 19.99!!!! instead of 9.99
meet the robinsons for both systems is now 16.99

So far Pirates, WWE 2007, Shrek, Spiderman 3, Spiderman FOF, Xmen, have remained the same.

Manged to pickup WWE "2008" for 14.99 :) Gotta love the wrong label prices.

#113 xdl

xdl

Fast and Bulbous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

Yes, it means those games won't work. But they won't raise everything up (otherwise what's the point of the B1G1 sale?). We'll have to recompile the list in the OP...

Well, it was $9.99 when I bought one a few days ago. Keep in mind they change used game SALE prices on Sundays, so like the increases to $16.99 that's a new change just today.

I can confirm EDF 6.99. Bought one yesterday for 9.99 and another for 6.99 today.

#114 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

Anyone know how you Blockbuster is with canceling preorders? I think the reason I'll give is that I want the Gold Edition of Bad Company and not the regular one, but in truth it's because they don't get the game until the 27th. Plus, I want my sniper rifle code.

Well most likely they will tell you to wait till the game arrives, its kind of screwy....
Example, when Cod4 came out I wanted to change it to the collectors edition, but they made me wait till the day it came out, it falls under the same lines as to why they only let you put 58.99 max down for a 59.99 preorder........ crazy corporate blockbuster dictatorship policy.

#115 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:35 AM

If this lasts long enough...I'm going on a road trip next week, and, to the chagrin of those driving with me, there may be many a pitstop along the 300-mile trek.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#116 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

If this lasts long enough...I'm going on a road trip next week, and, to the chagrin of those driving with me, there may be many a pitstop along the 300-mile trek.

Same here, but I'm taking over from Hollywood to the Inland Empire.
Posted Image

#117 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:01 AM

Same here, but I'm taking over from Hollywood to the Inland Empire.

Inland Empire Survival Kit-

-Faded Ozzfest 1998 Shirt....check
- Cheap, Misspelled Harley Davidson Tattoo.... check
- Shaved head with matching 3rd degree sunburn..... check

#118 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

Inland Empire Survival Kit-

-Faded Ozzfest 1998 Shirt....check
- Cheap, Misspelled Harley Davidson Tattoo.... check
- Shaved head with matching 3rd degree sunburn..... check

Wow, you are ready.
Posted Image

#119 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:26 AM

Wow, you are ready.

You have been to the topanga mall GS recently huh?

#120 io

io

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:45 AM

Just got back from BB

monster madness is now 14.99 instead of 9.99 :(
tomb raider legend is now 19.99!!!! instead of 9.99
meet the robinsons for both systems is now 16.99

So far Pirates, WWE 2007, Shrek, Spiderman 3, Spiderman FOF, Xmen, have remained the same.

Manged to pickup WWE "2008" for 14.99 :) Gotta love the wrong label prices.

$19.99 on TRL is a bit wacky. There are two possible reasons for all these price adjustments. 1: A B1G1 sale is coming up and for whatever reason they don't want to sell some games they used to sell for $9.99 and less under that promo. 2: They are reacting to the huge upswing in sales of these games thinking that demand has come out of nowhere and they should cash in by raising the prices. If it is the latter, they will be sorely disappointed when sales come to a screeching halt. Well, either way, sales will come to a screeching halt for those games adjusted to $16.99 or higher.