Odin Sphere 19.99 New @ gamestop.com

This is part of GS's Game Days sale that started June 5th. Thanks OP, but it's already been posted.

Started the first week of june. There's a hugemongous thread about it. Sale is on until the end of June.

[quote name='62t']I just love how everyone thought Odin Sphere will be rare and one year later it is $20[/quote]

This is most certainly a reprint of the game as it has been coming in the new PS2 case. Without the reprint, it would assuredly have been in the rare category as it was (before this) fetching at least retail for a used copy.

EDIT: But yeah, just goes to show that you never can tell.

[quote name='62t']I just love how everyone thought Odin Sphere will be rare and one year later it is $20[/quote]
It is quite rare, it just so happens that Gamestop is having a sale of the game for $20 and re-prints were made.

-.-

Better jump on this deal if you have been looking for the game though.

[quote name='thelonepig']This is most certainly a reprint of the game as it has been coming in the new PS2 case. Without the reprint, it would assuredly have been in the rare category as it was (before this) fetching at least retail for a used copy.

EDIT: But yeah, just goes to show that you never can tell.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate more on the "new case"? Is there a redesigned PS2 disc case now?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Can you elaborate more on the "new case"? Is there a redesigned PS2 disc case now?[/QUOTE]
There's no spot for a memory card in the new cases.

[quote name='whoknows']There's no spot for a memory card in the new cases.[/quote]

So odd, considering the first cases for the PS2 had no memory card spot either. Full circle, I guess.

[quote name='thelonepig']This is most certainly a reprint of the game as it has been coming in the new PS2 case. Without the reprint, it would assuredly have been in the rare category as it was (before this) fetching at least retail for a used copy.

EDIT: But yeah, just goes to show that you never can tell.[/quote]

I disagree... even with this reprint (which is weird to see), I bet the game still shoots up in value!

Or is the general consensus that we'll see Odin Sphere at the bottom of a Wal-Mart cheap bin???

I would be amazed if that happened....

Now prices don't always determine how rare/valuable a game will be later.
There was a time Toys R Us was clearancing Panzer Dragoon Sagas at $10 each.

In any event, this is a great game, and if there was a reprint, perhaps one day Princess Crown will be localized.

This game sucked....... it reminds of a flash game on internet websites..... look fo rit to drop down to $10 by the end of the year

[quote name='bostonfrontier']This game sucked....... it reminds of a flash game on internet websites..... look fo rit to drop down to $10 by the end of the year[/quote]

I don't know about $10 by end of year, but yes, this game is WAAAAAY overrated.
Controls are bad, game play is plagued with slow down and you never feel like your hitting anything. The only thing it has going for it is the style.

[quote name='Bojizzle']I don't know about $10 by end of year, but yes, this game is WAAAAAY overrated.
Controls are bad, game play is plagued with slow down and you never feel like your hitting anything. The only thing it has going for it is the style.[/quote]

Agree, this game wont be rare by any means..

[quote name='iceblast21']I disagree... even with this reprint (which is weird to see), I bet the game still shoots up in value!

Or is the general consensus that we'll see Odin Sphere at the bottom of a Wal-Mart cheap bin???

I would be amazed if that happened....[/quote]
Actually it has been known to be found at the bottom of Wal-Marts bin on clearance. ;)
[quote name='Silver47']So odd, considering the first cases for the PS2 had no memory card spot either. Full circle, I guess.[/quote]
Waht's even odder is that all of my older PS2 cases have the memory card slot. >.>

It's certainly not the beset I'll admit but it is a decent game, definitly worth a try and definately a steal at $20.

On the bright side, it's worth 650 Goozex points so even if you bought it and hated it, you would have some decent trade value.

[quote name='SerenityKry']

Waht's even odder is that all of my older PS2 cases have the memory card slot. >.>

[/QUOTE]

we are talking about launch PS2 games.

[quote name='redline']On the bright side, it's worth 650 Goozex points so even if you bought it and hated it, you would have some decent trade value.[/quote]

You're still behind 30 other people with the same idea with nobody requesting it. By then it'll probably hit 500 points or so, which isn't really worth it after tax and shipping.

bread's done
Back