Odin Sphere 19.99 New @ gamestop.com

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 malakas

malakas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

I don't think this is a universal drop and I didn't see a greatest hits announcement. Oddly, buying used from Gamestop still has it marked at $29.99.

Did this happen a while ago and I missed it somehow?

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=64684

#2 rebthor

rebthor

Devil Customer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

Sweet. I know what I'm getting for Father's Day :)
Posted Image

#3 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:01 PM

It's part of the Gamer's day sale

#4 kevzik

kevzik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

IN beofre lock!

Check gamedays sale thread.

LOOKING FOR A BLURAY DRIVE - WILL TRADE NEW TEKKEN BUNDLE!

http://www.cheapassg...076#post6774076

#5 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

This is part of GS's Game Days sale that started June 5th. Thanks OP, but it's already been posted.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#6 dvdmaniac8888

dvdmaniac8888

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

I don't think this is a universal drop and I didn't see a greatest hits announcement. Oddly, buying used from Gamestop still has it marked at $29.99.

Did this happen a while ago and I missed it somehow?

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=64684

Nice find op.

I don't think it's a universal price drop as it is still $39.99 at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...9&creative=9325

#7 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Started the first week of june. There's a hugemongous thread about it. Sale is on until the end of June.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#8 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

I just love how everyone thought Odin Sphere will be rare and one year later it is $20

#9 Karuto

Karuto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

Use the 10% coupon at the GameDays thread on the forum to get it for $18 instead. :)

#10 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

I just love how everyone thought Odin Sphere will be rare and one year later it is $20

This is most certainly a reprint of the game as it has been coming in the new PS2 case. Without the reprint, it would assuredly have been in the rare category as it was (before this) fetching at least retail for a used copy.

EDIT: But yeah, just goes to show that you never can tell.

#11 SerenityKry

SerenityKry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

It is quite rare, it just so happens that Gamestop is having a sale of the game for $20 and re-prints were made.

-.-

Better jump on this deal if you have been looking for the game though.
Why So Serious?

My Collection:
** Under Construction **

:whee:

#12 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:41 AM

This is most certainly a reprint of the game as it has been coming in the new PS2 case. Without the reprint, it would assuredly have been in the rare category as it was (before this) fetching at least retail for a used copy.

Can you elaborate more on the "new case"? Is there a redesigned PS2 disc case now?

#13 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:48 AM

someone post this gamedays thread and lock this one up....can't find the link for some reason

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#14 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:59 AM

Can you elaborate more on the "new case"? Is there a redesigned PS2 disc case now?

There's no spot for a memory card in the new cases.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#15 Silver47

Silver47

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

There's no spot for a memory card in the new cases.

So odd, considering the first cases for the PS2 had no memory card spot either. Full circle, I guess.

#16 iceblast21

iceblast21

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

I disagree... even with this reprint (which is weird to see), I bet the game still shoots up in value!

Or is the general consensus that we'll see Odin Sphere at the bottom of a Wal-Mart cheap bin???

I would be amazed if that happened....
"Do I have Smash Bros. Brawl?? HA HA HA HA HA HA! :lol: WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD I OWN A WII????" - Ice

#17 vherub

vherub

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

Now prices don't always determine how rare/valuable a game will be later.
There was a time Toys R Us was clearancing Panzer Dragoon Sagas at $10 each.

In any event, this is a great game, and if there was a reprint, perhaps one day Princess Crown will be localized.

#18 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

This game sucked....... it reminds of a flash game on internet websites..... look fo rit to drop down to $10 by the end of the year

#19 Bojizzle

Bojizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

This game sucked....... it reminds of a flash game on internet websites..... look fo rit to drop down to $10 by the end of the year

I don't know about $10 by end of year, but yes, this game is WAAAAAY overrated.
Controls are bad, game play is plagued with slow down and you never feel like your hitting anything. The only thing it has going for it is the style.

#20 sweet_gorgor

sweet_gorgor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

I don't know about $10 by end of year, but yes, this game is WAAAAAY overrated.
Controls are bad, game play is plagued with slow down and you never feel like your hitting anything. The only thing it has going for it is the style.

Agree, this game wont be rare by any means..

#21 SerenityKry

SerenityKry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

I disagree... even with this reprint (which is weird to see), I bet the game still shoots up in value!

Or is the general consensus that we'll see Odin Sphere at the bottom of a Wal-Mart cheap bin???

I would be amazed if that happened....

Actually it has been known to be found at the bottom of Wal-Marts bin on clearance. ;)

So odd, considering the first cases for the PS2 had no memory card spot either. Full circle, I guess.

Waht's even odder is that all of my older PS2 cases have the memory card slot. >.>

It's certainly not the beset I'll admit but it is a decent game, definitly worth a try and definately a steal at $20.
Why So Serious?

My Collection:
** Under Construction **

:whee:

#22 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:17 PM

On the bright side, it's worth 650 Goozex points so even if you bought it and hated it, you would have some decent trade value.

#23 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

Waht's even odder is that all of my older PS2 cases have the memory card slot. >.>

we are talking about launch PS2 games.

#24 Bojizzle

Bojizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

On the bright side, it's worth 650 Goozex points so even if you bought it and hated it, you would have some decent trade value.

You're still behind 30 other people with the same idea with nobody requesting it. By then it'll probably hit 500 points or so, which isn't really worth it after tax and shipping.