More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#571 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

I think he's asking if it's legal for gamefly to pretty much not pay postage for shipping it back?

I wouldn't think so?

This is legal. People do it all the time, Gamefly gets stuck paying the return shipping when they receive it.

#572 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

So far, have received Assassin's Creed, Jericho and Mass Effect for the 360 - Jericho has a couple small chips around the outer edge, but the others are in great shape.

Burnout Paradise got lost in the mail. Ordered it over 2 weeks ago and have already received games ordered AFTER Burnout. Wrote to Customer Service, they refunded the $ and gave me the opportunity to re-order it if it was "still available." Thankfully, it was.

#573 Guero

Guero

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

Got my Assassins Creed PS3 this week. MINT. Seems like most of the problems are with the 360 versions. Maybe the Blu coating makes them hold up better?

#574 Seithe

Seithe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

DMC4 PS3 is up to 24.99 now :-?

#575 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

I just ordered Kingdom Under Fire, it got slammed in the reviews, but I watched some videos and it looked kinda fun.. only reason I ordered it, was because GameFly apparently wanted to feel generous and give me a $5 coupon for "being a new member".

Hey, I'm not going to complain, another game for $10.00.

Posted Image

#576 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

I just ordered Kingdom Under Fire, it got slammed in the reviews, but I watched some videos and it looked kinda fun.. only reason I ordered it, was because GameFly apparently wanted to feel generous and give me a $5 coupon for "being a new member".

Hey, I'm not going to complain, another game for $10.00.

I have it and so far I like it. If you like Phantasy Star Online, you'll probably like this one. If not, then you probably won't.

#577 mopy74

mopy74

Baby Eater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

How can I get a game from gamefly without signing up for monthly fees? Even the free trial charges $20 once it ends.

#578 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

Just cancel before your trial runs out.

#579 mopy74

mopy74

Baby Eater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

I guess that's what ill have to do then. Thanks.

#580 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:34 AM

In for a mass effect at $20.xx after tax - shipped free still
Thanks for the heads up OP :D

#581 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

I got Mass Effect. I'm wayyy happy with it. Everything Was great.... im waiting for some better stuff now

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#582 Tybalt Flux

Tybalt Flux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:56 AM

How can I get a game from gamefly without signing up for monthly fees? Even the free trial charges $20 once it ends.

Why do you need to sign up? I didn't sign up and I ordered the games (and got them).

Now I'm paranoid ;p- was there some inadverted signing up process we had to do to get the games? I haven't received my credit statement yet, but I don't want to get charged 20-odd sum dollars for a Gamefly membership I didn't even use.

#583 fatez

fatez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:17 AM

i think they charge u for the following month if you dont cancel it before then.

#584 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

You don't get forced into subscription if you buy a game at GameFly. They'll push the option on you if you log onto the site, of course. But you are not in a trial subscription mode if you do an order from the site as a non-subscribed member. You will get one of those free 30-day trial codes inside the game you buy, though.

Edited by dg7md, 05 July 2008 - 06:22 AM.

#585 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

their trial is very easy. they even give you a week after you cancel to get the games back to them. I have a permanent account and knew that i wouldnt get MGS4 or burst limit on release day because I had games out. So a buddy of mine used a pizza hut 30 day trial code adn ordered them for me. I finished them and had them back and cancelled the account with 11 days to spare.

#586 MasterYensid

MasterYensid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

tag
Posted Image

#587 atomsk

atomsk

A van down by the river

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

Fuck that's a great deal on DMC4.

Edited by shrike4242, 06 July 2008 - 06:30 PM.

[thread=85641]My Tradelist[/thread]

#588 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:33 AM

wow Haze is only $19.99 already

#589 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

Received Mass Effect today and it seems to be in pretty good shape. The disk does have some light scratches and a few very small chips along the edge, but its nothing major.

#590 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:29 AM

If they add planes to burnout paradise like the rumors are saying then that would be a great deal. So much replayability with bikes and planes coming.

#591 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

My Assassin's Creed and Stuntman Ignition came in for Xbox 360. Both boxes and manuals are mint. The Assassin's Creed disk looks great, but does seem to have been buffed before it was mailed. Stuntman looks like a typical used game with lots of small scratches all over it, and it too looks like they tried to buff the scratches out. I don't see how people scratch disks up unless they are playing frisbee in the house with them. You put them in the console, then back in the box. How fucking hard is that?

#592 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

in for mass effect for 13.83 shipped.

#593 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

in for mass effect for 13.83 shipped.

It's coming as $19.99 for me, do you have to be a member to get it for that price? Some of the games from the op aren't up to date, should really change the title to reflect current prices.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#594 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

Damnit, Kingdom Under Fire isn't available anymore. Yeah, I was fooled by the OP. :( Thanks, anyways, though. I've gotta keep remembering to check Gamefly out for sales.

#595 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

It's coming as $19.99 for me, do you have to be a member to get it for that price? Some of the games from the op aren't up to date, should really change the title to reflect current prices.

Members get periodic coupons as well as a percentage discount depending upon how long they've been a member.

#596 Siberkat

Siberkat

IMU J! : (

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Bit on Burnout Paradise. Had some unused Gamefly Dollars. With that & my discount, got it for a total of $8.47.

Just so you guys know, the last time I "pondered" a deal at Gamefly, I waited a couple of days & the game was no longer for sale.
Being single is much better than being lied to, cheated on & disrespected.

Posted Image

#597 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

Yeah Ive been there for a year so i get 10% off of game purchases plus a 5 dollar off coupon every 3 months. Kind of sucks that coupons cant stack though. One usually expires the day before you get the next.

#598 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

How i wish we could paypal here.

#599 thabizzle

thabizzle

I'll have...the chicken!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

Yeah Ive been there for a year so i get 10% off of game purchases plus a 5 dollar off coupon every 3 months. Kind of sucks that coupons cant stack though. One usually expires the day before you get the next.

I have used two coupons at least twice from Gamefly. It could have something to with the date you signed up.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#600 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

I got two to stack on Uncharted. Got one coupon the day before the other expired and pounced.