More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#61 cruzincontrol

cruzincontrol

Angry Homer is Angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

I hope these games I got (which most people gave favorable reviews to) I will like. I got Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise and BlackSite Area 51. I hope that I really will like Mass Effect even though I've never been a fan of RPGs. I skipped DMC4 cuz my friend tried the Demo and if he couldn't beat it, I doubt I would (plus the achievements seem really shitty). I actually beat Stranglehold. I like to get games I can actually beat now, I've come to a point I hate certain type of tough spots in games (Got really mad with GTA IV and haven't touched it in 4 weeks) and just wanna finish them (in addition to getting achievements I can actually attain).

#62 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:22 AM

For the popular games like DMC 4 the disc probably got some scratches but nothing serious. For games like Jericho, you could possibly get a perfect one. I just love the condition of the cases and manuals from gamefly, they always look mint and 100000 times better than those from gamestop.

What's the general opinion on disc quality given that they are previous rentals ?, very anal retentive collector over here...

#63 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:39 AM

DMC4 - 21.24 after tax. No coupon for me, but still, nice deal that I just can't pass up.

#64 foxdvd

foxdvd

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

they really don't have that many games for sell. Great deals on what they have though.

#65 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:05 AM

WTB more PS3 options... id bite on paradise or assassins creed at those prices, but only if it was on the PS3 (i hate my xbox360... with a passion)
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#66 Vyrtigo

Vyrtigo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:08 AM

Thanks OP. Picked up Stranglehold as a b-day gift for my brother.

#67 killer9

killer9

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:10 AM

with google checkout do you get 10 dollars off if its ur first time? cuz mass effect for 10 would be sweet

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#68 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:11 AM

In for Burnout!
Stranglehold is a no brainer at $10. I thought it would be a good game but it was awesome instead. Area 51 is tempting, if only the reviews were kinder. And since I never payed more than $10 for a DMC game, I plan on carrying on that tradition, especially since I still need to finish DMC 3

#69 davyd

davyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:13 AM

Picked up Mass Effect. Was going to pick up a few other titles but changed my mind.

#70 salemhooper

salemhooper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:21 AM

Picked up mass effect new for 30 the other day, i feel so stupid. But picked up DMC4. Should i buy Burnout Paradise even though i have pgr4?

#71 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:28 AM

DMC4 impulse purchase for my new PS3 >_<

IMPULSE!!! NOOOO~!!!!

#72 salemhooper

salemhooper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:30 AM

can someone answer my question? should i get burnout if i have pgr4?

#73 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

Can this just be treated like a normal store? Or do I have to be signed up for GameFly rentals and what-not?

Posted Image

#74 SpiderLocMTGO

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

You can use it without being a member. Just use the "Store" link on the site.

#75 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

Awesome. Mass Effect for $20 bucks! God I love this site...

Posted Image

#76 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:36 AM

I have PGR3 and Burnout revenge and they are different experiences. Personally I like burnout better because of the crashing.

can someone answer my question? should i get burnout if i have pgr4?

#77 salemhooper

salemhooper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:41 AM

thanks! i bought both dmc4 and burnout....for some reason it doesnt seem like great deals after purchase.....lol

#78 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:41 AM

Jumped on Mass Effect for $20. I can't decide on Assassin's Creed though. I heard its repetitive but how are the controls and story?

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#79 salemhooper

salemhooper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

get assassins creed worth the 18 bucks

#80 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:51 AM

I jumped on DMC4 (PS3) in a heartbeat. I grabbed NiGHTS for $16.88 yesterday from Amazon, so I'm good there. But I have wanted to try Manhunt 2 and Victorious boxers. Are they worth $15 and $16?

I don't know... I promised myself I was going to stick with the AAA titles. Maybe I won't think about those two any longer...

#81 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

thanks op, got mass effect. I wish i would have waited to get DMC 4, as i paid 40 for the LE when it was on amazon deal of the day a few weeks ago and haven't unwrapped it. Oh well...

i'm temped to get assassin's creed... but i played about an hour of it at a friend's house and really didn't enjoy it.

#82 goblin

goblin

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:55 AM

I hope these games I got (which most people gave favorable reviews to) I will like. I got Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise and BlackSite Area 51. I hope that I really will like Mass Effect even though I've never been a fan of RPGs. I skipped DMC4 cuz my friend tried the Demo and if he couldn't beat it, I doubt I would (plus the achievements seem really shitty). I actually beat Stranglehold. I like to get games I can actually beat now, I've come to a point I hate certain type of tough spots in games (Got really mad with GTA IV and haven't touched it in 4 weeks) and just wanna finish them (in addition to getting achievements I can actually attain).

I know what you mean-I'm getting kinda sick of games that have a lot of tough spots or force you to do a lot of repetitive tasks. I get enough of that at my 9 to 5. That being said DMC4 for $20 is a steal.

#83 salemhooper

salemhooper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:00 AM

Great deals! im happy! lol i kno im a nerd..... im going to college at vcu.... i will have 11 games and of course an xbox 360 should i take it with me?

#84 JohnLa101

JohnLa101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

Anybody know if Unreal Tournament 3 is a good deal at 17.99 on PS3 or is it worth it at full price on the 360 when it comes out later this summer?

How's the online activity now on PS3 with this game?

#85 salemhooper

salemhooper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:08 AM

get it for the ps3 basically the same game.

#86 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:09 AM

I can't decide on Assassin's Creed though. I heard its repetitive but how are the controls and story?

Controls are great once you get the hang of them. Story isn't great.

Assassin's Creed is one of those games you just have to play for yourself. It's a total hit or miss.

Posted Image

#87 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

Burnout Paradise is tempting at $19.99

Then add the fact I have the 10% off games and 5 GameFly Dollars for being a one-year subscriber, then Burnout Paradise is even more tempting at $12.99

Decisions, decisions.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#88 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

Controls are great once you get the hang of them. Story isn't great.

Assassin's Creed is one of those games you just have to play for yourself. It's a total hit or miss.

Thanks, I went ahead and jumped on it. At $18, I'll take the risk of not liking it.

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#89 von551

von551

Place Is Dead Anyways...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

with google checkout do you get 10 dollars off if its ur first time? cuz mass effect for 10 would be sweet

only works with buy.com as far as i can find, i tried too...let me know if different.
Posted Image

#90 von551

von551

Place Is Dead Anyways...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:16 AM

thanks OP, great deal on mass effect, can't wait to experience it...:D
Posted Image