Microplay-Buy 1 get 1 @ 50% Off

IceBlueShoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Went to Microplay this weekend and noticed that they are having a buy 1 get 1 for 50% off on used games. I'd say this is a promo for pretty much all Microplay's since this is in their magazine, but I did see it at the Cambridge store.
Just another option besides EB.
The ad has a turtle wearing a rocket. Kinda funny actually.
http://microplay.v1.myvirtualpaper.com/microplaymagjune/2008052701/en/
Anyways maybe this will help.
Didn't see anyone else post this, but sorry if their was a double post.:bouncy:

[quote name='heimdal']anyone know if there's any Microplays in Toronto?
only location I've seen is at Square One Mississauga[/QUOTE]

Scarborough town Centre? Right next to ebgames?

All the ones in downtown are gone ;____;

I don't think there's one in Scarborough Town Centre, I wish since I'm in Scarborough.

Nearest one is at Gerrard Street, too far to bus :cry:

[quote name='heimdal']I don't think there's one in Scarborough Town Centre, I wish since I'm in Scarborough.

Nearest one is at Gerrard Street, too far to bus :cry:[/quote]

But while you are there you could get some great Indian.

[quote name='heimdal']I don't think there's one in Scarborough Town Centre, I wish since I'm in Scarborough.

Nearest one is at Gerrard Street, too far to bus :cry:[/quote]

No i believe hes right, i think the StarStruck store is a not so secret Microplay

We have 2 here in St. John's, but sadly the majority of their games are overpriced anyway. This brings them down to about EB prices mostly. Hell, i used to buy some games from EB, then walk 5 minutes down the street to Microplay to just trade them right in and turn an instant profit. Their TIV's have since plummeted while selling prices are on the same level.

Not bad though if they have a couple of games that you can't find elsewhere though. Same deal also applies to used DVD's if I'm correct.

[quote name='Bamm']We have 2 here in St. John's, but sadly the majority of their games are overpriced anyway. This brings them down to about EB prices mostly. Hell, i used to buy some games from EB, then walk 5 minutes down the street to Microplay to just trade them right in and turn an instant profit. Their TIV's have since plummeted while selling prices are on the same level.

Not bad though if they have a couple of games that you can't find elsewhere though. Same deal also applies to used DVD's if I'm correct.[/quote]

That's the problem w/ Microplay's they're franchises, so their's often a lack of uniformity.
Still no harm in looking (if it's close for ya). Might find something you're looking for.

Was in on the weekend to pick up Lost Odyssey, and I saw some signs for it. Couldn't find anything else I wanted, though, and somehow LO jumped $10 in a week as the week beforehand it was cheaper. Must have been on sale, no way I would ever know, I rarely visit Microplay.

I went in last Friday to the one in SQ1 in Mississauga and it was "buy one, get 50% off another" promo. I went back Sat to get some games and they had changed the promo to 20% off all used games, which is still running and will run all weekend apparently, according to their sign.

Got Burnout Paradise Xbox 360 for $27.11 taxes in.

[quote name='afterburn999']No i believe hes right, i think the StarStruck store is a not so secret Microplay[/quote]

I went there a few months ago and they told me that they got rid of their video games section (the games were gone so I asked >_>). I have seen a few old games there since then but I don't know if Star Struck counts as anything video games related now.

[quote name='TronB']I went there a few months ago and they told me that they got rid of their video games section (the games were gone so I asked >_>). I have seen a few old games there since then but I don't know if Star Struck counts as anything video games related now.[/quote]

Sounds like a weird place... lol
Ah well, obviously selection varies per store. The Cambridge store has a LOT to chose from.

bread's done
Back